Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about buying gems, is it worth it?

Rhino Keeper
    I just bought 275 gems and gambled buying boxes...of course about all of it is gone and all I got are 4th place items. for those people that have a bunch of 1st or even 2nd place items in your bakery, I don't even want to know how much money you spent

Executive Chef
    i only open boxes 1-2 times max. unless i want duplicate 3-4 place items on purpose. i have 1 first prize this way, but not in bs. in fs.

i'd first hang in there for a decent lto. bcz if u out of gems and a lto apperars it's kinda unlucky.. or spend gems when a big and colorful lto appears but u don't want it. they'll first put poor ltos to drain gems, and then a good one..

Fashion Designer
    Well I have busted my butt in school these last two semesters so I'm going to get a $50 itunes gift card and hold onto it or just put it on my account until I'm ready to buy gems. I'm definitely not buying gems until there is a decent sale and I probably won't ever buy a box. Not really worth it in my opinion after reading all of this and I'm very unlucky anyway, lol. There are a few higher gem items that I really want right now, so as soon as a really good LTO comes along I'll probably purchase the gems. I'll go for the 275 package, because it's the most for your money. I don't mind supporting the games and I try to be as careful as possible so I don't fall into the gem traps. I've fallen into some a few times and it sucks so I would hate to lose 200 gems on something stupid. If that happens though, I would never buy gems again. So I guess it will be like a test-run for me, haha. Thanks again for all the replies, I appreciate it very much!

Farm Supplier
    Another buying gems question, I get offered gem sales all the time but I've yet to take advantage. I thought someone mentioned on here that once you buy gems you get less sales offers. Do you find that to be true?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by slam308 View Post
    Another buying gems question, I get offered gem sales all the time but I've yet to take advantage. I thought someone mentioned on here that once you buy gems you get less sales offers. Do you find that to be true?
    What? I hope not, that's kind of biased and unfair.

Fashion Designer
    I have definitely found this to be true! I had gem sales every day before I bought gems for the first time two weeks ago, I have had only three gem sales since then, no exaggeration. However, each of the 3 sales were for 30% which is good. Hate wasting time with 20% sales

Rhino Keeper
    It's true 100% , I had gem sale on another ID almost everyday and once I bought gems the sale stopped I had sale on all my games BS RS DS NS FS , I bought gems on FS BS and RS and the packages changed on next day ,funny the sale continued on the games which I didn't purchase gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soclassymom View Post
    It's true 100% , I had gem sale on another ID almost everyday and once I bought gems the sale stopped I had sale on all my games BS RS DS NS FS , I bought gems on FS BS and RS and the packages changed on next day ,funny the sale continued on the games which I didn't purchase gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I play on both formats and get gems twice a month. So do many of my other neighnors. We dont have that problem. The sale may come twice a week, but sometimes i may go a full week without any sales. So its still random. Some more rare than others.

Host(ess)
    Don't buy gems until they fix the gem traps or stop refusing to help when you trigger one.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxmix View Post
    Don't buy gems until they fix the gem traps or stop refusing to help when you trigger one.
    That's the reason I won't spend money on any of these games, much as I would love to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12