Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pearl of the Sea- levels 103 - 108

Quote Originally Posted by artlomin View Post
    Other than speed, is there any effective strategy for 105? I keep getting knocked out by the first two doom jewels.
    I thought there were tips on here about 105, but I must've been mistaken. I'm stuck on another timed level right now, so no way am I gonna play 105 again (LOL!) But I took a picture...the only strategy that comes to mind is basic digging & doom jewel tips.

I'd start the level with a good move or two, like the circled red match on this one:

or the red doom jewel match on this one:

Better yet, hold out for a couple good moves. If you don't have them, restart the level. No use making moves at the top that don't help you when time is so crucial. It shouldn't take an energy if you don't touch anything. And it gives you a little "head start."

Also, just make as many blasters, bombs, diamonds, etc. as you can, and combine them for more powerful digging. Set off your bombs & blasters close to the dirt if you can--focus your matches at dirt level, too. (But keep an eye out for doom jewels & special jewel-making opportunities.) If it's a choice between strategizing or just moving--just move! Keep the sides "dug down" so your screen scrolls, and preferably set off your blaster/bomb combo's when you've got more dirt on-screen. I don't remember if there's enough time on this one to use a diamond+blaster, which can eat away at the clock. Might wanna use diamond +bomb instead. And again, watch out for those doom jewels!

When you reach the bottom, if you have time left on the clock, clear any remaining doom jewels & stop making matches.* I kept going, wanting to get a better score. Well, what I hadn't thought of was that the doom jewels would keep falling! I was luckily able to clear them & go on to pass. But I would've been crushed if a doom jewel would've got me after spending so many days trying to pass that level (and I have a feeling you would be too, lol!)
    *Aileeniweeni recently reminded me of this--read her post in the Unicorn Summit thread for more info.

Best of luck! 105 is definitely on of the tough ones!

Okay, I somehow "disappeared" part of my message. One other thing I wanted to say: unfortunately, some of it is luck! Eventually, you'll get the perfect board, with the perfect jewels, falling at the perfect time. I played for days, until eventually...it happened for me. And all the practice I'd been doing, getting a little faster each time, prepared me for when it happened! You'll get it...

Bug on Level 105?

I am experiencing a bug on Level 105 Pearl of the Sea - I have passed this level twice clearing it with two star rating and moving on successfully to Level 106. The game is restarting me at level 105 every time I exit and return to Jewel Mania. Need tech support.

New Resident
    I get to the end but it does not recognize I won and it keeps
    going. When does one win???

103 recap & moves changes

Quote Originally Posted by omniBliss View Post
    (...)as for this level (103) what has helped the most is making it a point to swipe row-boasters with the diamond or a bomb with a row-blaster. (...) What do u think aileeniweeni?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpeningCeremony View Post
    yes i agree!! the diamond or bomb + row-blaster combo is always the best way to get rid of a large amount of glass / ice blocks in one swipe. (...) another trick that i am finding to be helpful is to target the top crates first because if you target the middle crates, at some point the jewels won't fall in and fill in the glass that is touching the upper crates where it is forming a step shape. so if there is an empty glass with no jewel, you can't do any matches with them and then you can't break the crates until those spaces get filled in. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by maian30 View Post
    Moves on 103 have been increased from 25 to 40 woohoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Darn, looks like they've reduced it to 30 moves now. (...)
    Passed 103 (...) fun level, but took me lots of tries & "careful" moves. (...) As others have said, clear those top crates, make row (horizontal) blasters, & hope to make diamonds, lol! Try to clear side crates with vertical matches, if you can (flat against the crates breaks 3 boards at once!) I got two diamonds when I passed...one early on combined w/blaster (when still had lots of crates/boxes) & another near the end that I used alone w/red gem, color I had most of under glass. (...)
    Level 103: 41 glass in 45 moves (4JC.) This level has lots of crates, ice/white blocks, and window cutouts...including a tall one that separates the left column from the main board (linked only by a portal.) You have to clear all the crates because there's glass underneath. When you start clearing jewels in the far right column, it will pull ice/white blocks and/or jewels through (into) the green portal at the bottom of the separate left column. Then they'll fall out of the red portal into the last column. (And regular jewels will begin to fill-in the top of the separate area on the left.)

I was looking at some older moves levels to take a break from my stressful current timed level (315.) Saw that they increased the moves on this one again, so I thought it would be great to re-play & increase my star rating. With only 4 jewel colors in use, this level's really fun & you can make lots of special jewels. It helps a lot to follow other players' advice (above) about clearing the crates at the top first. Otherwise, you can end up in a situation like OpeningCeremony/Aileeniweeni described. Here's the level:

I labeled the first 2 moves I made (blue arrows) in the left photo (both are red, vertical matches.) They both hit crates in the upper rows--important to start breaking those crates pretty quickly. When I was first trying to pass this, before I started each round, I'd look for a move or two that would hit one of the 1st crates in the top two rows (pink X's in right photo.) A little "head start". If I didn't see a move like that, I'd pause, then restart the level using the back-arrow button. (It shouldn't take an energy if you don't move any jewels.) Of course, if you have an optimal move, like one that creates a diamond, then you might wanna stick with that round, lol! Anyway, after I made my 3rd move, I took the screenshot on the right. It shows the beginning of what can happen if you don't break those first/top crates--empty glass (circled in green.) No jewels on it, so it can't be broken. Until the crates with the pink X's are broken, jewels won't be able to fill-in that space. This condition can get much worse (happened to me, but didn't take a screenshot at the time.)
    Try to make a little headway with the top crates, then work towards the bottom (as prev. mentioned, cuz you often get "bonus" matches as jewels fall in.) You could get bonus crate-breaking matches, not to mention more points per move, when you focus on making moves at the bottom. But you gotta keep the top opening large enough to avoid the "empty glass" issue, too. So it's a balancing act of sorts. Other than that, just good ol' special jewels and combinations of them are the way to go on this level. For maximum glass breaking--blaster + bomb & diamond + blaster combos. Break down the crates quickly so you can get to the glass, and use horizontal (row) blasters to get glass/ice in that separated area on the left. Don't forget to watch for regular matches there, too...once it starts filling with jewels. Good luck, and have fun with this one!

(...) 108 is basic double-glass (50) in 33 moves, with some longer rows that make edges hard-to-reach. Got 49/50 first time I played, but couldn't get the top right glass (...)
    Level 108: 50 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) They've increased the moves on this one, too...so I thought I'd enjoy it again & try to get more stars. (I'm really avoiding level 315, aren't I? Naw, it's just so fun going back to play previous levels, especially moves levels--less stress!) Here's the level:

Not sure why I snapped the second photo. I think I was trying to show how those long rows have difficult-to-reach ends, and the blaster + bomb was going to help me with the 3rd row from the bottom. The very bottom row generally tends to be easier, since blasters often "fall" to the bottom of the board. So you can prob. get a horizontal blaster to take care of the bottom corners. In my quoted post, I mentioned not being able to get the top-right glass in prev. round. That's another area that's (a little) harder to get, so take advantage of matches you see there. Otherwise, when not creating special jewels & combos, I mainly focus on moves towards the bottom of the board (in hopes of creating bonus matches above--breaking glass & raising your score.) In this round, I also swapped a diamond & blaster. Got my 1 star to a 2, but I need to try again now for 3. Np...fun level!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234