Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pearl of the Sea- levels 103 - 108

Passed 103--yay! Really fun level, but took me lots of tries & "careful" moves. Came very close several times, 2x with only one or two glass left! As others have said, clear those top crates, make row (horizontal) blasters, & hope to make diamonds, lol! Try to clear side crates with vertical matches, if you can (flat against them.) I got two diamonds when I passed...one early on combined w/blaster (when still had lots of crates/boxes) & another near the end that I used alone w/red gem, color I had most of under glass.

104 is quite tricky! I really hate timed levels, so not happy to see another so soon. You get 1:50 to clear the glass, which doesn't feel as frantic as some (but haven't passed yet, either, haha!) I got to play 3 times before energy ran out, and made tons of blasters (maybe just "lots".) Got/made a diamond all 3 times but not enough. Did best the last time when I combined diamond & blaster, but still had a few stragglers left...in a hard-to-reach corner & on the walled-off diagonal of double-glassed gems down the center. (...awaiting energy refill...)

Question Level 105

Wait a sec...did they add time to level 105? I've been trying to beat it for days (passed 104 right after I posted above--when my energy refilled.) I'd swear it was 2:50 to dig 14 levels of dirt & evil black box-surrounded doom jewels. Well, the last few rows have no doomies, though I've only got that far a few times. Twice I got all the way to the bottom row, and literally only needed a few more seconds to pass the level (once with only a single square left--frustrating!)

Whew! If time's increased, thanks TL...this gives me hope. This level has not been my favorite. Unfortunately I really dislike timed levels & doom jewels!

Wooohooooo! the extra time on 105 did the trick...passed that evil level. talk about r.e.l.i.e.f!

106 is a pretty basic glass level, 44 moves with black boxes that drop in. a few short wooden rail-thingies that keep you from swapping jewels, but shouldn't take too long to pass. soooo nice not being timed! broke 46/48 glass 1st time I played. think this one will mostly depend on luck (layout & special gem opportunities.) the only strategy I'm using so far is concentrating on the more isolated jewels along the top & bottom, and starting with a board layout that gives at least one good "isolated gem" match. oh, and trying to create special gems (diamonds would be awesome & way handy, lol!) and combos, if possible. see how it goes...

106 & 107

K, the "no timer" thing was short-lived. Passed 106, & 107 is timed/glass with 1:51 on clock--what a random amount! O_o Played once, and it's a little chaotic trying to make matches with those wooden barriers. Definitely had a couple "illegal matches" haha. I'm guessing this will take me awhile...to get used to the layout & learn to move fast. These timed levels are just difficult for me! (Waaaa waaah! Yes, a crybaby...)

Back to 106, you want to get as much done as possible right away cuz the black boxes that drop in block areas & make good matches hard to find. I got 46 or 47/48 glass every time I played but once...always someplace I couldn't get to... Had a couple combos when I passed, which clear out the black & drove my score up to 3 stars & high score (never beat Paul's score before (least not since I started noticing, lol...)

Smile 107 & 108

Resting my racing heart, lol--passed 107. Got two diamonds, the #1+blaster knocked out lots of glass. I played this level plenty of times, and found diamonds fairly easy to get on this level (got 'em nearly every time.) I made sure to start each time with a good move on the bottom left & right of the board (or re-start.) Sometimes I'd get a diamond right away from those 1st moves (from the rapidly-falling jewels.) Concentrated on the bottom, checking the wood wall pockets & sides, & watching for special jewel & combo opportunities, of course. Moving fast & making moves at bottom will clear out most of glass. Got close many times, once without jewel combos! (Close doesn't cut it though, lol.)

Aaaahh, no timer. 108 is basic double-glass (50) in 33 moves, with some longer rows that make edges hard-to-reach. Got 49/50 first time I played, but couldn't get the top right glass with last 5 moves. I hope I pass quickly, cuz I'm excited to see a new island!

Bye, Pearl of the Sea! It's been fun (most of the time, lol,) but I've gotta run...

Hello Shellside City! Woohoo!

Fashion Designer
    Stuck on 105. Hate this level worse than 89.

Fashion Designer
    I just passed 105 with the top score. Good riddance! Man. Glad to be done with that board.

Level 105 is ruthless. I hate timed doom gems!!!

Farm Supplier
    Other than speed, is there any effective strategy for 105? I keep getting knocked out by the first two doom jewels.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast