Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 428288899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    I've gotten to realise and not care why someone deletes me anymore (unless it's by a favourited neighbour which luckily never happens ) - but as it's subjective, and they had reasoning of there own to do so.

Anyway. I just got an invite on my kappy bakery from a random player (fair, it happens) they delete me after I accept the invite.

And go out to add my "better" looking bakery.

I actually just noticed I got an invite from the same person on my other bakery today. And I do know it was way after the fact of getting deleted on my kappy bakery.

I don't mind if I get deleted over my neighbour-ship anymore, In fact that's all I hope someone would delete me for.

Not over my bakery, unless it painful to your eyes (which I get) though it doesn't feel great getting deleted on my K333 bakery but then added on my other one - right-thereafter.

If you don't want to be neighbours on both bakeries, that's fine. But to go out of ones way to add my other bakery, after I get deleted on my other one, makes no sense to me. Especially when I have no links, other than by forum, that connects me to this other bakery.

Anyway. I am now redesigning my K333 bakery, and I hope people will enjoy it a bit better. And maybe I won't get deleted as soon as I accept the invite.

I know I shouldn't listen to the comments or slight subtlety from people (other players)

I got told my bakery made someone feel "dizzy" completely by a random stranger on the game, fine it happens, but it would be easier and faster getting out of my bakery than making a comment regarding it.

I have had bakeries that made my eyes hurt, but I am quick to get out of it, not linger and write a comment? Let alone a comment like that.

I've also gotten another comment, but not as hurtful.

I don't know but lately I've been hurt by it, and yet I used to enjoy the way my bakery looked (and I still should - especially when I'm the one dumping my wallet (real money) into it, not them) but I don't like my bakery anymore I've stayed away from the game lately because of this.

I know I shouldn't let this bother me, but it does.

If anyone reads this, or at least the end bit, how do you personally deal with it? Any tip(s) advice, or stuff of the sorts?

Please only offer advice if you've dealt with it yourself.

I've kinda? Dealt with a similar problem in the past, though it was on Restaurant Story, but it has a bit of similar problems, I feel.

Well I got threatened with deletion a few years ago because I wanted to change my Halloween restaurant to a Summer one, keep in mind it wasn't Halloween at the time my restaurant was, but I got threatened with deletion because I wanted to change my theme. In fact, I kept my Halloween restaurant just because I was discouraged. I did happen to delete this person, but the fact of it is, I still kept my Halloween restaurant - even though I really didn't want to.

But it's gotten to the point, I'm trying to please others with my kappy bakery, and not myself anymore.

I've almost gotten to the point, of just moving all my loyal neighbours over there, because I feel like they'd enjoy the look better. That, and I feel like the rude comments or "slight subtlety" will stop. Because I've yet to deal any of that over there.

But as I was also saying, it's just gotten to the point I'm not even getting on my kappy bakery anymore. And it's not because of my "loss of interest" it's because of everything that's happened over there

One of my favourite neighbours, has said something along the lines of "hope you and your family are ok" while family could be better (health and pregnancy wise) my absence has been more so because of what has been said or happened on the game. I am too ashamed to tell them that. But I do also owe my neighbours and explanation, but it's just too embarrassing for me to admit this directly to them.
    Last edited by kappy333; 05-09-20 at 09:29 PM.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Executive Chef
    I think I did a problem solved! Anyway. I've now quit my kappy bakery until I can get it "beautified" for players to enjoy. Or at least to the point I'll stop getting them rude comments and subtly. I'll forever miss my candy robot until I return there (on my kappy333 bakery) I will return one day, but not until I can find a design that'll stop the comments, and since I rarely have anything but Halloween decorations, I don't really have a design I can go with yet.

I've left a message to the neighbours who have gifted me for today, I'll keep leaving comments from newer people I've not directly talked to yet.

Anyway. I hope others (if some keep me) will enjoy my candy robot for me, until I return there. As I cannot handle the comments anymore.

Though I have moved (completely for now) to my other bakery.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    When neighbors drop you? I understand why I drop below 3 stars sometimes and rarely post on walls. I work and am old and tired. Still bothers me though. I do play daily and gift and answer requests
    Nope, doesnt bother me at all! Half the time the people who deleted me were people I would have rather deleted myself but was trying to be nice in not doing so, Lol. I only had a few neighbors delete me, but I never cared to find out why.

I tip, gift (if not Maxed out), & respond to request (I even gift them the requested item so they get it 2x). I know who prefers Food, Basics or Goal parts. I like to post on neighbors walls so they know if I was able to tip and/or gift. I respect players wishes of wanting nobody post on their wall.

I prefer bakeries with 3+ stars, but I have kept players who went under because they at least always try to tip be back. I delete those who always seem to request items from me, but never even tried to tip me first beforehand. I always gift them, tip & respond to their requests daily. I understand you cant gift anymore because I am Maxed out, but not even bothering to be cordial and at least tip or respond to my requests ever?! I am nice, but I am not a pushover. Once I notice that pattern, I stop gifting or accepting requests and only leave tips & see if they respond to request. If nothing, then I delete. Which is still a lot nicer than most.

I usually delete players who gift Food during Goal after repeatedly telling them I need goal parts. I rather you not gift me at all. I am not rude about it.. I just remind them and gift the same food item back. It just bothers me that some of these players are lvl 50+ & sending out Food items when they themselves are also doing goals. I mean, really?! I even posted ?Are you doing goals? do you prefer Goal parts?!? (I can clearly see the oven tho!) They respond with ?Yes.? So I go, ?Me too! I will send tomorrow! TYSM ))? LOL. So then they start to send goal parts. I mean, common sense *eye roll*

Whoo... Rant over! 😅 lol

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    When neighbors drop you? I understand why I drop below 3 stars sometimes and rarely post on walls. I work and am old and tired. Still bothers me though. I do play daily and gift and answer requests
    It used to bother me when I started playing this game. Now not so much. Most of times I don't even realize? Lol. I don't post on wall, I don't tip daily, I do mass gift and request, I don't even bother to check bakery names of the gifters. I have over 400 neighbors so whoever was that sending items I need first, thanks! Lol. I play this to **** time and for my own entertainment. I love designing the bakery, feeling happy seeing those food on the counters and finishing goals on time. I don't play to socialize or to please anybody with anything.
    Everyone has their own time (if not schedule) to play. Not to mention daily life and all. You make your own rules, I make mine. Don't worry so much about being dropped by neighbors, there are a lot more players out there!!

Farm Supplier

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    It used to bother me when I started playing this game. Now not so much. Most of times I don't even realize? Lol. I don't post on wall, I don't tip daily, I do mass gift and request, I don't even bother to check bakery names of the gifters. I have over 400 neighbors so whoever was that sending items I need first, thanks! Lol. I play this to **** time and for my own entertainment. I love designing the bakery, feeling happy seeing those food on the counters and finishing goals on time. I don't play to socialize or to please anybody with anything.
    Everyone has their own time (if not schedule) to play. Not to mention daily life and all. You make your own rules, I make mine. Don't worry so much about being dropped by neighbors, there are a lot more players out there!!
    BBM - exactly!!

I am a mass gifter (goal parts), I return requests, I don't tip. I make that clear when I do a forum post, so anyone that comes into my messages and tells me they want this or that - well, I probably won't even read the message tbh because I have been clear and upfront about being a mass gifter. I usually don't have the time to gift individual parts or tip and sometimes go days without reading my wall.

Any neighbour that wants to drop me as a neighbour due to this - I don't mind at all, because we're just not a good fit. Every now and then I go through and see if anyone has spoiled food and if they're not obviously still playing (ie I'm not talking about anyone clearly doing the new goal, their food just spoiled because they missed it before bedtime or whatever - that's no big deal) then I drop them without mercy, no message or anything - it's a waste sending such people requests. If they become active again they can readd me if they want, perfectly fine.

Some people might see that as rude but I don't really see neighbours in this game as 'friends'... we're all just here to help each other out with parts as far as I'm concerned. But I think it's cool that others have little tipping friendships and chat in their walls, that's cute. It's just not for me, I don't have the time.

Host(ess)
    I've had somebody delete me because I wasn't tipping daily (which I never do in the first place) and because I never tipped I never got to read their wall... I wanted to delete this person so bad but decided not to just to be nice. I silently went inactive due to family manners and they dropped me, lol. That deserves a sigh of relief! I have a few neighbors who send goal parts... But incorrect ones for goals from 5 years ago that I never even participated in, haha. I try to be nice by not deleting them and just remind them that I need current goal parts, not old ones. So technically, I think its proper etiquette to gift new goal parts for current goals, not old ones that some players never even started.

After a while, the proper etiquette gets confusing! But I say, find neighbors who have similar playing styles and you will not deal with these problems of misunderstanding!

New Resident
    I have just one neighbor who clears her tables regularly but literally has a string of ovens going down the middle of her bakery, each topped with moldy cupcakes that she never clears off. It is driving me bonkers. They've been that way for months and months. It's like a slew of them. I politely asked if she's still playing and no response. How do you delete players from your friends list? There's got to be a way. For some dumb reason this is driving me crazy. For those ready to pounce on me, I do not have any problem w people's stuff going bad. It happens to me, too. I just can't understand why she clears her tables at least weekly but won't simply clear the tons of moldy stuff. They are hard to avoid seeing. Yes, I know I can just skip visiting her bakery, but what's the point of having her on my friends list if I can't tip her bakery or am ignoring her bakery? How can you take people off your friends list?

*Edit: Whoops, I just saw above that you can delete people off your friend list. Could someone tell me how please? Thank you.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Orchidz View Post
    I have just one neighbor who clears her tables regularly but literally has a string of ovens going down the middle of her bakery, each topped with moldy cupcakes that she never clears off. It is driving me bonkers. They've been that way for months and months. It's like a slew of them. I politely asked if she's still playing and no response. How do you delete players from your friends list? There's got to be a way. For some dumb reason this is driving me crazy. For those ready to pounce on me, I do not have any problem w people's stuff going bad. It happens to me, too. I just can't understand why she clears her tables at least weekly but won't simply clear the tons of moldy stuff. They are hard to avoid seeing. Yes, I know I can just skip visiting her bakery, but what's the point of having her on my friends list if I can't tip her bakery or am ignoring her bakery? How can you take people off your friends list?

*Edit: Whoops, I just saw above that you can delete people off your friend list. Could someone tell me how please? Thank you.
    Coincidentally, another player just asked this yesterday on another thread so I'm just going to ***** a bit and give the link to that post.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Orchidz View Post

I usually post on neighbors' walls to tell them I am deleting them as a neighbor as they don't seem very active, then delet them (as per AnnirasSweets post). I tell them to request me again if they become active again. My main function of having neighbors is to get the parts for the goals. I am max level, max expansions, tons of coin, so not worried about any of that. I accept all friend requests and gift daily and answer requests multiple times per day. I do not tip all the time and I am not always specific with gifts. If I think about it, I like to give my lower level neighbors food as gifts but most of the time I am gifting first thing when I wake up and am not awake enough to split up gifts.

I like to keep about 30 neighbors since I can only get 20 gifts and 20 requests per day. This way I have enough for that but not so much that it takes forever to get through the list. Right now, I have about 40 and am working on paring down.

I look at a few things when I consider if I am keeping a neighbor

1-rotten food
    2-full tables
    3-unable to gift
    4-did not answer requests
    5-how many stars
    6-how many hearts
    7-whether or not they have recent goal appliances

It takes a few of the above to hit for a few days before I remove a neighbor. I know people get busy and stars are the lowest on the priority because even though I am a consistent player, tipping neighbors is my lowest priority. Rotten food and other items also need to occur over a few days as busy people will forget things (or like me last night, I started the 2hour Ube Swirl right before going to bed and was like oh well, just clear the oven in the morning). I accept all friend requests and when I hit about 40 neighbors, I start looking to see if I can remove anyone and usually I can.

Fashion Designer
    I was thinking about this thread because I went to write on someone's wall and saw a post by someone else who was VERY upset that the neighbor I guess sent an invite "without asking first" and how could you do that? SO RUDE? I was a bit taken aback, I have gotten almost all my neighbors because either I sent them an invite or they sent me one. Sometimes I will check my wall and see a request and sometimes I put a request on someone else's wall but usually you will see a post on someone's wall with their ID if you want to add them, or you can just guess (mine is Mostreal, along with my bakery name and name here and all the same in Dragon Story so I'm easy to figure out).