Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 903

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

  1. #891
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Born In field of flower, but You can find me in Secret Garden... Still lost
    Posts
    222
    Is rude to decline all gift? I send NBR gift, but I decline all gift. Is rude?

    I also never send request no more, I use my decoy bakery's to send/ask gift. Also when I can, I send gift to SS on decoy bakerys.

    Is rude to not use my NBRS? Does it lose use? Is that what bakery should be comunicazione/send gift and accept gift?

    I send gift/accept request/tip but I do not comunicazione/accept gift/send request.

    Do that lose the whole "NBR" part in game/ or is also rude?

  2. #892
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,431
    There's no way to tell which neighbors accept the gifts you send so it's not at all rude to decline them.

    So long as you send gifts daily and answer your neighbors' requests, I think you're doing your 'job' as a neighbor.

    When it comes to leaving notes on walls, I don't think it's that important in the long run. If a player likes leaving notes, good for them but it's not integral for game playing so I don't think it should be held against players who don't.

    Honestly, the only way I think a neighbor could be considered rude is by leaving nasty messages on walls - anything else is just a playing preference.

  3. #893
    When sending my other iPad in to be repaired or replaced, I put a message on my wall to let everyone know I was going to be sending it in & wasn?t sure how long it would be before I would get a chance to play again.
    Some of my neighbors wrote back saying they will wait.
    ​Amy

  4. #894
    Fashion Designer Jojocl141587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Is rude to decline all gift? I send NBR gift, but I decline all gift. Is rude?

    I also never send request no more, I use my decoy bakery's to send/ask gift. Also when I can, I send gift to SS on decoy bakerys.

    Is rude to not use my NBRS? Does it lose use? Is that what bakery should be comunicazione/send gift and accept gift?

    I send gift/accept request/tip but I do not comunicazione/accept gift/send request.

    Do that lose the whole "NBR" part in game/ or is also rude?
    I don't think it's necessarily rude to not accept gifts you receive. However if they are sending you parts you need for a goal, I feel like it's making more work for yourself by not accepting the needed parts. If you are doing that, not sure if you are.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors


    ⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

  5. #895
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Born In field of flower, but You can find me in Secret Garden... Still lost
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily rude to not accept gifts you receive. However if they are sending you parts you need for a goal, I feel like it's making more work for yourself by not accepting the needed parts. If you are doing that, not sure if you are.
    You have point - I never think about that. It take 20-40 minute to do gift me on decoy bakerys. But Have guilt to use my NBRS in anyway now. So I use decoy bakerys.
    Last edited by kappy333; 07-02-19 at 03:36 PM.

  6. #896
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Born In field of flower, but You can find me in Secret Garden... Still lost
    Posts
    222
    I just see rude post on other player wall

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005F6374-48AA-4B42-B023-7F42EC12E4C3.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	52300

    What if player not add NBR? It seem like demand

  7. #897
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    I just see rude post on other player wall

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005F6374-48AA-4B42-B023-7F42EC12E4C3.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	52300

    What if player not add NBR? It seem like demand
    LOL! I've seen some things like this over the years. Personally, I just choose to think of it as a translation issue rather than the player being rude.

    In this instance, perhaps they work from their News Feed when it comes to tipping and gifting their neighbors? If they do, then it's not unreasonable that they'd like to have only neighbors visit so that random visitors don't knock their neighbors out of their Feed?

    Again, just trying to think of ways that it's not so rude...

  8. #898
    Host(ess)
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    31
    I am a long time parts only player, I don't want food, I don't send it either if asked (that player, being not my style of player, gets removed because 100% of the time they WILL send food). I write on my wall what parts I need during a goal as well as in between goals. It's also very clear on my wall that I don't want food (I can cook my own and I have hundreds of counters full). I read all walls and send what players need, I expect the same in return. I return gifts to gifters first and after they are done, I will (or not) answer "beggers" requests (those who always ask but never gift)

    I have had inflammatory posts on my wall after deleting food gifters. They mostly say I am rude.... so the question is: who is rude? the one who clearly posts game play style and preferences and acts accordingly and accommodates good/same style neighbors or the ones who don't care about others by not reading their walls?

    The word "rude" is used for everything and anything nowadays, I've even see it written "roode" Respect is an unspoken rule

    Finally, I am getting tired of people posting on my wall when they tip or gift. If you tip storm8 posts a notification on my newsfeed, if you gift I can see it. Overnight, my wall gets clogged up with useless 1 letter posts and neighbors don't have the time to go through all to find MY post with my preferences. Same works the other way around, most of the time I have to go through a lot of [] until I find instructions on my neighbors' walls. Then there are those neighbors who never clean up their walls….

    Don't even get me started on those who feel they have to leave daily proverbs or jokes....
    I value every neighbour and show the same respect they show me, fair game I think. Although to be honest I am losing interest and fun in the game, in view of the new storm8 style.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 07-12-19 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Removed word filtered by forum system

  9. #899
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    70
    I will be honest. It really irks me when players drop their ID on my wall. Not so much when several of my neighbors have posted, pushing my notes down, but definitely when the first post they see is "Please read below" or "Please do not post ID" (followed by my ID and preferences). Mostly, it is new players or lower level bakeries, but regardless of level/experience, I feel it is outright rude to ignore a potential neighbor's posts. I clear my wall constantly throughout the day - just so visitors can see my posts. I look at it this way, if someone is not willing to read and respect three short posts typed on my wall, they are not the type of neighbors I want to add. I delete their posts immediately, but still become annoyed with the amount of players who choose to ignore my posts.

    Speaking of gifts, when I accept neighbors, I directly specify gift preferences and ask what they prefer on their wall. I do choose neighbors who share a similar playing style, but still get those few who ignore my requests. So, I remove the neighbor from my list or just delete whatever food is sent. Regarding etiquette, I do make sure to gift what is requested outside of goals. I read each of my neighbors' walls often and just ask if I'm not sure. My neighbors are aware that I gift goal parts the week they come out, but I've had a few get annoyed when I choose to gift one goal part instead of the other. As serious of a gamer that I am, this is quite amusing to me because some players really do expect too much. You cannot satisfy everyone, no matter how considerate you are.

    Yes, not everyone plays the same... I know this and completely understand. I do not expect people to scroll all the way down my wall just to find my ID when it isn't near the top, but I appreciate when they take a moment to read my notes. Etiquette, no matter how someone views it, boils down to respect. You choose who you want to associate with in this game. Plus, that edit button is there to remove neighbors, along with a block (on certain devices) to prevent any confrontation. Yet, it would be convenient to have an invite button (like in Dragon Story) rather than posting IDs to add, along with automatic gifting preferences like I see in other games.

  10. #900
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj99 View Post
    I am a long time parts only player, I don't want food, I don't send it either if asked (that player, being not my style of player, gets removed because 100% of the time they WILL send food). I write on my wall what parts I need during a goal as well as in between goals. It's also very clear on my wall that I don't want food (I can cook my own and I have hundreds of counters full). I read all walls and send what players need, I expect the same in return. I return gifts to gifters first and after they are done, I will (or not) answer "beggers" requests (those who always ask but never gift)

    I have had inflammatory posts on my wall after deleting food gifters. They mostly say I am rude.... so the question is: who is rude? the one who clearly posts game play style and preferences and acts accordingly and accommodates good/same style neighbors or the ones who don't care about others by not reading their walls?

    The word "rude" is used for everything and anything nowadays, I've even see it written "roode" Respect is an unspoken rule

    Finally, I am getting tired of people posting on my wall when they tip or gift. If you tip storm8 posts a notification on my newsfeed, if you gift I can see it. Overnight, my wall gets clogged up with useless 1 letter posts and neighbors don't have the time to go through all to find MY post with my preferences. Same works the other way around, most of the time I have to go through a lot of [] until I find instructions on my neighbors' walls. Then there are those neighbors who never clean up their walls?.

    Don't even get me started on those who feel they have to leave daily proverbs or jokes....
    I value every neighbour and show the same respect they show me, fair game I think. Although to be honest I am losing interest and fun in the game, in view of the new storm8 style.
    I respect your playing style, though it is very different from mine. But I am curious to know how many neighbors you have? If you have the average 60 neighbors, how can you hold it against the nongifters, if only 20 get to send you gifts? Have you taken into consideration that people live in different time zones and some just simply cannot send you gifts because you are full by the time they are able to send anything?

    For this very reason, the moment I open my game, the very first thing I do, even before I serve any food that is ready or accept any gifts, I always accept all parts requests, no matter who they are or if they have ever sent me anything. I do not even look at their names. Just accept all the way down. It doesn?t even take 10 seconds out of my life, but I do it because I understand how difficult it is to complete goals. I would never in my life decline a request. Ever. I would first delete them as a neighbor than decline a request. ?Do unto others.......? I would hate for a neighbor to decline a request I am expecting just because I have never been able to send them gifts.

    In fact, I have neighbors who never tip, never gift, but guess what? They are the ones I 100% of the time send them requests. And they 100% of the time are the first ones to accept. They are my favorite neighbors.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 07-12-19 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Edit quote

Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •