Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by ImBabieBunnie View Post
    Everyone playing bakery story knows that we just got new appliances, recipes, and goals to make. And while I absolutely love the new update, I dont understand why people are gifting brownies and gears! Lol! And then to top it off they request one of the new items! Duh! If you need the new items yourself for your appliances and goals what makes them think that I need a gear all of sudden. Just found it interesting today as I have received so many food items and even a dragon scale today.
    It doesn't bother me when new players gift brownies. They probably don't know they're worthless, really. They're probably just thinking, " who doesn't love brownies?"
    BUT when players over a certain level, like level 75 or level 99, gift brownies or french toast in restaurant I just sit and stare at my screen in shock. Should I gift them back brownies? Or should i gift them cappuccino? I usually write on their wall explaining that cappuccino is really the best food gift and tell them why and let them know I would prefer to have cappuccino, but if they would still prefer to have brownies they should just let me know and I would be more than happy to keep sending that to them. If they are reliable about answering my gift requests i usually don't delete them. I do have some neighbors though who seem to believe that sending parts requests costs them COINS or they won't send the parts requested because they don't have any in their inventory. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I just had a thought... maybe the dragon scales are on purpose, and that nbr is cracking themselves up doing that. I wouldn't actually do it, but the thought of mass-gifting something dumb like that did just make me giggle pretty hard just now. Kinda like I did when I was a teenager and restocked store products in all the wrong places just to mess with people. It was funny to imagine their reactions. Maybe it's something like that. *shrug* Dunno, just sharing the thought as it popped in.
    I wonder how many nbrs i would lose if i mass gifted dragon scales one day.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by adored2 View Post
    It doesn't bother me when new players gift brownies. They probably don't know they're worthless, really. They're probably just thinking, " who doesn't love brownies?"
    When I was new, I was thinking, "This one has 200 servings, the most out of all these food gifts, I'll send that. That can't possibly be bad." I had no idea what the parts were for yet, or that things sold for different amounts. I was also accepting everything I got, again, clueless... and do you know what I just realized?! I bet the 2 dragon scales, 3 bat air fresheners, 5 shamrocks, and that stupid floor mat at the back of my inventory are revenge gifts for those brownies! Oh yeah, I'd be willing to bet money they were, now that I think about it! I don't have those neighbors anymore, so I can't ask! Well that was a fun lightbulb moment! >.<

Executive Chef
    When I was new, I was thinking, "This one has 200 servings, the most out of all these food gifts, I'll send that. That can't possibly be bad." I had no idea what the parts were for yet, or that things sold for different amounts. I was also accepting everything I got, again, clueless... and do you know what I just realized?! I bet the 2 dragon scales, 3 bat air fresheners, 5 shamrocks, and that stupid floor mat at the back of my inventory are revenge gifts for those brownies! Oh yeah, I'd be willing to bet money they were, now that I think about it! I don't have those neighbors anymore, so I can't ask! Well that was a fun lightbulb moment! >.<
    When I was new to the game I was clueless also but a player on level 50 sending brownies is unacceptable. I sent tea leaves and pink paint to my neighbors this morning, in return I got brownies! LOL!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    When I was new to the game I was clueless also but a player on level 50 sending brownies is unacceptable. I sent tea leaves and pink paint to my neighbors this morning, in return I got brownies! LOL!
    Yeah that's just rude, I was only talking about the newbies lol. I think it's rude to send food or drinks period at levels that high, considering how slow things sell in this game anyway. I don't know anyone who doesn't have stockpiles, and if they don't, it's on purpose, and they don't want food gifts.

Send one of the parts from the other things if you're sure they can't still get them. See if they ask why. Then be all, "What, you can't use that? WELL I CAN'T USE MINE EITHER! Put it on your mantel!" with a smiley face. That's what I would do.
    Wish I would have thought of that! Priceless! Normally I dont care what I receive, I just decline as I prefer capps all the time. But it just would seem like common sense not to send useless items out during new updates that has new parts and appliances. Guess common sense isnt so common. Thanks for that comment though it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    I didn't know this thread was still active...Did you delete the person like some people I know do ? LOL!
    I wasnt aware of this thread. TL closed my thread and sent me to this one since it was along the same idea. No I did not delete them. I declined the wonderful dragon scale and still accepted their request for the tea leaf. But what can I say, Im awesome!

Yeah that's just rude, I was only talking about the newbies lol. I think it's rude to send food or drinks period at levels that high, considering how slow things sell in this game anyway. I don't know anyone who doesn't have stockpiles, and if they don't, it's on purpose, and they don't want food gifts.
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's rude. I have level 99 players as neighbors who prefer receiving cappuccino in bs and stew in rs and right now i actually prefer cappuccino sometimes as i have a ton of regular parts (over 100 of each!). I suspect some higher level players are in the same boat as me with parts and cappuccino isn't too bad as they seem to sell out so fast anyway.

Well, shhh...don't tell anyone. I've given revenge gifts to new players. Lol. I felt so terrible after I did it though so I don't recommend it if you have a very loud conscience. I sent a part for an oven locked by a long since deleted goal. The player kept sending me brownies and croissants and never answered my parts requests ever ever ever. Eventually i just yielded and sent her brownies and croissants and rejected her gift every day. Eventually she figured it all out and became a "sensible" player.

Executive Chef
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's rude. I have level 99 players as neighbors who prefer receiving cappuccino in bs and stew in rs and right now i actually prefer cappuccino sometimes as i have a ton of regular parts (over 100 of each!). I suspect some higher level players are in the same boat as me with parts and cappuccino isn't too bad as they seem to sell out so fast anyway.
    It's rude unless they ask for them, I guess I should say. The majority of higher level players have hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dishes of food that they cooked themselves still waiting to sell: profit that will be staring them in the face for who knows how long, so what good does it do to just pile more on top of it? That's just how it seems to me, and I know I'd be like "Unh!"

I sent a part for an oven locked by a long since deleted goal.
    Heyyyyy... I have an ice flake knob in there too... and now I know why! Not you, but whoever it was... how rude!

wow...I've only been playing this game for a few months and had no idea it was sooo complicated or serious. LOL

I mean it is a game, isn't it?

Personally I try to gift back whatever my neighbor gifts me. So if they send me a part I send it back to them. If they send me food I send them food back.

When I first started the food gifts were very helpful in keeping something on my counters and my customers happy. Now my food gifts build up until I have thousands of them before I use them.

I don't generally write on anyone's wall unless it is to tell them their bakery was full when I visited because it pops up in their news feed that I left them tips.

Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast