Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Farm Supplier
    I'm mixed with all of this, I agree, but then yet again disagree, I mean, I follow people's rules most of the time, but then yet again I don't have time for some other things! Like finding out whether you want parts or food, I just mass gift everybody the same thing, I also always change up what I gift everyday brownies to gears to the newest goal parts, I always tip my neighbours, but then yet again I have over 200 neighbours on 3 different accounts, making it hard for me to put an hour off everyday to tip everybody. Not to mention how many people ask me to ADD ME (ID here) I get everyday.

Farm Supplier
    ALSO NEVER PICK UP SOMEONES PROFILE NAME FROM THE FORUM OR ANOTHER PERSONS WALL ANS SEND AN UNSOLICITED INVITE i seem to be getting these lately from newer players.

Executive Chef
    I don't actually think that's all that terrible--they sent you an unsolicited invite, so it's not like you're obligated to respond in any way. Just hit decline, it takes one second.

Fashion Designer
    I get loads of invites that are obviously from the forum. Even though I have in my sig that I'm not accepting neighbours. As twospoons says, it takes a second to decline.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Writing religious quotes on the walls of neighours you do not know is by far the most disrespectful thing anyone can do. You do not know where they stand in religious beliefs. They may not share the same religion & beliefs as you do.Be mindful of others.

& of course, don't copy other players bakery designs without, at the very least, asking for their consent.
    I've personally had my bakery designs stolen so many times, I no longer wish for my bakery to be found by community players, unless I tip them first. I've also made a habit of confronting them {& when I don't, my neighbours do}, so just a heads up.
    Last edited by Scawr; 10-20-17 at 03:29 PM.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    Writing religious quotes on the walls of neighours you do not know is by far the most disrespectful thing anyone can do. You do not know where they stand in religious beliefs. They may not share the same religion & beliefs as you do.Be mindful of others.

& of course, don't copy other players bakery designs without, at the very least, asking for their consent.
    I've personally had my bakery designs stolen so many times, I no longer wish for my bakery to be found by community players, unless I tip them first. I've also made a habit of confronting them {& when I don't, my neighbours do}, so just a heads up.

Is it really that serious though? Lol. I’m referring to the bakery design thing not the religious messages left on walls
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer
    If someone I've never heard of says "add me" or sends an invite, I decline it. Takes half a second.

I'm cool with whatever people post unless it's too "adult", in which case I just delete them. Takes five seconds. Only happened once. Jokes, religious quotes, whatever. Although "tg" is fine, I enjoy the more creative ones. : )

I'm flattered beyond belief when someone copies me. Imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery! Only happened twice.

NO NEW NEIGHBORS right now, though.

Executive Chef
    I'm more with Scawr on the religious messages. You definitely shouldn't assume your beliefs are shared everywhere. I mostly try to avoid overt political messages as well. (Although some of that is just in case--I don't want to be disappointed in neighbors I like!) But I do often wish people happy American holidays, even when I'm not sure they're American, so I'm guilty of assuming people are like me too.

Side note: years ago, in RS obviously, I had a very nice non-neighbor I occasionally exchanged messages with who was Muslim. I couldn't actually be neighbors with her because she wouldn't be neighbors with anyone who ever cooked pig in the game!

As for copying, I think being inspired by others is better than outright copying. Like I did a school design (again, in RS), and credited on my wall the neighbor who had previously done a school design, cause that's where I got the idea, but I didn't do her school design. (Though some elements were necessarily the same, because we both had the same cheerleaders in the gym and bookshelves in the library.)
    Last edited by twospoons; 10-21-17 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I'm more with Scawr on the religious messages. You definitely shouldn't assume your beliefs are shared everywhere. I mostly try to avoid overt political messages as well. (Although some of that is just in case--I don't want to be disappointed in neighbors I like!) But I do often wish people happy American holidays, even when I'm not sure they're American, so I'm guilty of assuming people are like me too.

Side note: years ago, in RS obviously, I had a very nice non-neighbor I occasionally exchanged messages with who was Muslim. I couldn't actually be neighbors with her because she wouldn't be neighbors with anyone who ever cooked pig in the game!

As for copying, I think being inspired by others is better than outright copying. Like I did a school design (again, in RS), and credited on my wall the neighbor who had previously done a school design, cause that's where I got the idea, but I didn't do her school design. (Though some elements were necessarily the same, because we both had the same cheerleaders in the gym and bookshelves in the library.)

I think the whole can’t be neighbors with someone who cooks pig in the game is a little much lol
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    I think the whole can’t be neighbors with someone who cooks pig in the game is a little much lol
    It’s her choice and beliefs, though, isn’t it? So it’s not really a little much.

I don’t care who copies me. I hardly visit anyone anyway so I’ll never really know. Lol. If I see a very creative 3D design I usually try to figure out how the person did it so I copy often. There are some very creative folks in these games.
    I never think of it as stealing though.