Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnipowerz View Post
    Yeah I wrote her back and ended up deleting her. Thanks for the reply. I've cooled down but reading through this forum, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. ^_^
    In the future I wouldn't even bother responding to people you are going to delete. It just tends to start stuff and leaves a link back to your wall. Just silently delete and move on.

Farm Supplier
    Funnily enough I had a nbr like that today. He wrote to say he doesn't have time to do special requests (which is fair enough). But it really irked me that I had always responded to his requests for food items and goal parts. So I wrote a polite msg back to say sorry nothing personal, but we obviously have different playing styles as I always try to gift my nbrs what they prefer/need, so would be removing them. I agree with deekathleen's advice bunnipowerz and will just silently remove them next time. As it could have started something off like she says. Luckily it didn't lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Too true everyone! It's funny to me because I just had someone post to my wall and demand to know why they were deleted. Since I dropped them a little over three weeks ago, you'd think they'd know! People are funny that way, but we can always go looking for new neighbors if we need them and I don't need more drama in my life!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post

The only reason I don't gift brownies now is because I discovered from this thread that it makes people mad. If I hadn't happened upon this forum when I was googling a question about a TeamLava game a while back I'm sure I'd be happily flinging brownies left and right because brownies are delicious. I have level 99 neighbors who gift brownies. I can only assume that profitability doesn't enter their minds either when they select their gifts.
    Not only are brownies delicious and chocolately, but the ones to gift are heart-shaped, so I also think the sender's intent is to send a little love my way the way many of us may use heart emojis in our posts on neighbors' walls. If I am needing goal parts that day, I can simply decline the gift without them knowing, no hard feelings. I sometimes send hot chocolate on very cold days and I hope my neighbors might think I'm trying to warm them up too especially if I know they are in a cold climate. I hope they aren't thinking, well this isn't as profitable as cappuccino.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    In the future I wouldn't even bother responding to people you are going to delete. It just tends to start stuff and leaves a link back to your wall. Just silently delete and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by youki388 View Post
    Funnily enough I had a nbr like that today. He wrote to say he doesn't have time to do special requests (which is fair enough). But it really irked me that I had always responded to his requests for food items and goal parts. So I wrote a polite msg back to say sorry nothing personal, but we obviously have different playing styles as I always try to gift my nbrs what they prefer/need, so would be removing them. I agree with deekathleen's advice bunnipowerz and will just silently remove them next time. As it could have started something off like she says. Luckily it didn't lol.
    Totally agree. Even with kind and good intentions of informing to-be-deleted neighbours (nothing personal and no hard feelings) may backfire if taken in the wrong way. I prefer this method just to avoid any unnecessary sparks.

A question about inactive neighbors

I have a few neighbors that have remained at four stars for at least a week when their tables are full and they have the same spoiled food on their ovens that was there last week. I suspect that when people delete the game it takes some time for their star rating to come down. How can I tell if someone has deleted?

Executive Chef
    If their star rating was at four when they last logged out it will stay at four till they log into the game again.

That is good to know. Now I have to decide how long to wait before deleting them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin5399 View Post
    That is good to know. Now I have to decide how long to wait before deleting them.
    Are they players that are well below level 99? If so then after about a month if they haven't leveled up (not the star rating but their level). Then they probably have stopped playing. You can always just cut to the chase and leave a message on their wall asking if they are still playing and if they don't respond within a week just delete them.

Don't wait. Just silently press the "Delete" button.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!