Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    thats why I keep 0-1 stars)))) if u show up in community list u start getting 10+ addmes per day...

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    thats why I keep 0-1 stars)))) if u show up in community list u start getting 10+ addmes per day...
    But I like tipping my neighbors... so then what? :`(

Hey, there's an idea! New settings toggle: Only neighbors can post on my wall ON/OFF

*scampers over to suggestion thread*

I thought I was the only one that felt like that about the way people ask me to add them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tanisha82 View Post
    I thought I was the only one that felt like that about the way people ask me to add them.
    What way? That intrusive, demanding, and insufferably rude "add me myidinyourFACE" way? The way that instantly lets you know that they're copy/pasting it to dozens of walls without the slightest glance at anyone's name, or decor, or very top post asking them to please not post what they're about to post? That way? Yeah I kinda don't like that way.

Sometimes they'll even add extra parts, like "nice place" or "hey I tipped, cool store!" before the "add me" demand. I used to fall for those. Until I'd see the EXACT SAME POSTS, typo for typo, on my neighbors' walls. And their neighbors' walls. And their neighbors. I followed a couple of them, out of sheer morbid curiousity. The addme's would just keep going to walls, pasting their "sentiment", tapping someone else on that wall, pasting again, and so on, spiderwebbing out... and it's the mass-adders who mass-gift most often too, because they end up with too many people to keep up with, and they don't care if you don't like brownies, because they do, and you should too. ^_^

Fascinating world, this bakery place... XD

Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    But I like tipping my neighbors... so then what? :`(

Hey, there's an idea! New settings toggle: Only neighbors can post on my wall ON/OFF

*scampers over to suggestion thread*
    All these suggestion will never happen. The easier way is to decline the friend request and delete those "addmemyid" post on your wall. No matter what messages you post on your wall, I bet 95% players don't read them. Even if you keep your wall neat and short with your messages on it, they still won't be bother.

That's why I love staying low profile on the community. Hard to find me, since my star rating is 0-1 normally. XD

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by minidemon88 View Post
    All these suggestion will never happen. The easier way is to decline the friend request and delete those "addmemyid" post on your wall. No matter what messages you post on your wall, I bet 95% players don't read them. Even if you keep your wall neat and short with your messages on it, they still won't be bother.

That's why I love staying low profile on the community. Hard to find me, since my star rating is 0-1 normally. XD
    Oh I know. But somehow it makes me feel better to keep asking... and asking... and asking... I have no idea why. :\

The only way to drop my star rating so I'll fall on the community tab is to stop tipping my neighbors. I don't want to do that. I guess I'm addme'd if I do and stingy if I don't. I do decline the requests, and delete the posts, and have a little "WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE REEEAD?!" hissy fit... but maybe that's another one of those 'by design' things I see mentioned around these parts... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by sugarmilkppm View Post
    I'm thoroughly amused about this "ugly" bakery situation. Q. "Want to be neighbors?" A. "no ur bakery is ugly." Q. "How come we're not neighbors anymore?" A. "cuz ur bakery's too ugly & I was tired of looking at it. Also, ur probably ugly IRL" Q. "Want to go out with me?" B. "no ur face is ugly." -- LOL. Next!
    Hilarious!!!!!

This isn't about etiquette, more of an aside to the folks with gift-preferences: Remember, you can always <reject> a gift that you don't want, and it will free up a slot for your other neighbors (assuming you have enough active folks who gift) to send you whatever it is you prefer!

I typically reject 5-10 each of "goal" parts that I don't care about, and brownies, croissants, etc that I don't prefer early in the day, and even toward evening, knowing that there are enough folks left in my neighbors list who will send me cappuccino that I will still hit 20 useful gifts (I also usually accept the generic parts like screws, plates, etc that will probably be useful in the future).

Lol reading this topic, i realized that i have the most lovely neighbors. More than a year in the game and never a problem ^.^

You know, I'd gift the Mexican stuff, because there's still high demand for that(ie. Chilli peppers, Sombreros, Maracas etc.)

Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast