Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Nightclub Owner
    I have a neighbour who has started sending me hot chocolate every day. Why she refuses to send cappuccino is a mystery. She is a forum member as she send me an invitation. Sigh...the way people think is a mystery to me. Why would you send hot chocolate when it is an "inferior" gift to cap?

After sending cap for a few days back to her and writing on her wall letting her know i would be happy to send her hot chocolate but am requesting that she sends me cap, and after being ignored, i just started sending her back hot chocolate. Smh...sigh...

Executive Chef
    Maybe she figured you'd be grateful to receive any gift at all. She's not obliged to gift you anything after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I have a neighbour who has started sending me hot chocolate every day. Why she refuses to send cappuccino is a mystery. She is a forum member as she send me an invitation. Sigh...the way people think is a mystery to me. Why would you send hot chocolate when it is an "inferior" gift to cap?

After sending cap for a few days back to her and writing on her wall letting her know i would be happy to send her hot chocolate but am requesting that she sends me cap, and after being ignored, i just started sending her back hot chocolate. Smh...sigh...

Ask them. Maybe they deleted you accidently? I've done that before when scrolling through on the edit Neighbours screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ferylit View Post
    It's simple. I just gift back what they gave me.
    I love when people do that. I normally gift a tool I need, or just to bring up my quantity. Like an even 20 or 30. With the hope my neighbours will gift it back. I have about 5 who do

Rhino Keeper

Ha, I think we may share the same neighbor!! Added me from the forum and sends daily hot chocolate.... I sent back hot chocolate too lolol. Maybe she really likes it lolol sorry

Fashion Designer
    I sent food to the people who sent me food. When you sent me parts I sent it back. I do not tip unless you write on my wall that you did! When they do not write then it is not so important for you. I don't think it is. I care for items not the tips. So I sometimes have a social star, most times not. Please do not delete me for this! I do not have time for tips.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    Just one quick adjustment, red motor is only used for the bakesgiving oven (goal-related) and dolphin statue, so it's not considered a useful basic part. The other little-used parts are nozzle and metal sheet.

The basics (used by the most appliances) are gear, screw, paint, and knob. The spring and wiring fall somewhere in the middle.
    I'm still getting red motors from some neighbors. I simply decline.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    Maybe she figured you'd be grateful to receive any gift at all. She's not obliged to gift you anything after all.
    No. I am not grateful to receive just any old gift at all. It actually would be better if she did not waste the time and effort to send me a gift at all since I decline it anyway. It would also save me the time and effort I take to decline it.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks so much for that info! I'm all parts and I've been gifting motor, probably bec its used for more stuff in RS and I've been getting my games confused. Thanks for this reminder, I bet my neighbors are sick of declining them when I send it .
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    Just one quick adjustment, red motor is only used for the bakesgiving oven (goal-related) and dolphin statue, so it's not considered a useful basic part. The other little-used parts are nozzle and metal sheet.

The basics (used by the most appliances) are gear, screw, paint, and knob. The spring and wiring fall somewhere in the middle.

Rhino Keeper
    Not to mention the fact that your neighbors will try to give you a useful gift but can't bec it shows you as maxed on gifts when you've got gifts in your queue you haven't accepted or declined yet. Heaven forbid you have a busy morning and check your bakery at lunch, only to find five useful gifts and 15 brownies queued up, as well as wall filled with "tipped but gifts maxed" x(. That's why its so important to have neighbors that play like you do in this game. The point of a game is having fun. If I'm declining your bat air freshener every day, I'm not having fun. And if it is fun for the level 78 brownie gifter or weird part gifter to send out such things when there are very clearly much better gifts out there to send, I wish them good luck finding others like themselves to be neighbors with.
    No. I am not grateful to receive just any old gift at all. It actually would be better if she did not waste the time and effort to send me a gift at all since I decline it anyway. It would also save me the time and effort I take to decline it.