Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jc32079 View Post
    My current pet peeve: when people ask you for a specific gift, but they never honor your gift request. If you want me to take the time to send you what you want, I expect the same in return.
    Absolutely agree!!!!! This drives me nuts.

how can you see if they've accepted your material request?

deleted
    Last edited by cutelittlebabypanda; 05-21-16 at 07:07 AM.

deleted

Also...

deleted

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cutelittlebabypanda View Post
    Hi twospoons, I've only started playing BS since the fall treats, so I don't know everything yet. I read the BS tutorial though this wasn't explained. I hope you or someone else can explain this to me.

In the news feed, you can see who's responded to your request and who's tipped.. so usually 20 in total.
    My problem is, I can see 10 ID's who responded 2-3 days ago, but someone just told me she's answered my request and her ID only shows on the tips feed. I'm pretty sure I at least once saw
    "A has tipped"
    "B has answered to your request"
    "C has tipped"
    "D has tipped"
    "E has answered to your request"
    "D has tipped"
    "F has tipped"
    "G has tipped"
    "H has tipped"
    "I has tipped"
    "J has answered to your request"
    "K has answered to your request"
    "L has answered to your request"
    "M has answered to your request"
    "N has answered to your request"
    in this order...
    I assumed this means, some people only responded to requests and didn't tip and they appear in the lower section.. and those who have answered to a request and also tipped me appear in the upper section until they get bumped to the lower section by other more recent tippers.

So shouldn't her name appear as "has answered to your request" as well? Is the news feed not accurate? Or did she answer before those other 10 and thus her record of answering got deleted and is only a tipper from now on?
    Not everyone who tips or accepts requests will appear in your newsfeed. Some nbrs could have very well have tipped and accepted requests but it may not show up in newsfeed as newsfeed only holds i think 20 messages. Thats why i dont pay attention to who gifted/accepted requests or who may not have. Theres really no way to know for sure plus I just dont care lol. I always get what i need, I always accept all requests i get/gift all unless nbrs maxed etc. i just cant be bothered with keeping track of things like that. I play the game just to relax and i prefer not to take it seriously. Its just a game and I enjoy the social aspect of the game more than anything else.

Nightclub Owner
    ETA: Why would someone decline material requests? It's like you said the easiest thing to do.
    I understand some people will decline it out of spite. I have, on occasion been known to decline entirely by accident though.

what's up with the people who tell me and in this forum that they can't send cappucino, hot chocolate is the next best thing they can give? Are they using Windows phone or something?
    I'm not sure who told you this on the forum or in-game. But he or she is wrong. If you wanna receive the most profit food gift, the cappuccino is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I understand some people will decline it out of spite. I have, on occasion been known to decline entirely by accident though.
    When you're tapping way too fast and accidentally hit the decline button(oops). Hopefully that neighbor of your wouldn't know it. XD

Executive Chef
    i think i declined out of spite once - it was a neighbor i was deleting anyway, because i gifted, tipped, and answered her requests but never got anything back except more requests. very rude.

anyway, i track my return on requests, just so that i don't have extra parts for something i'll never build again (clutter in my gifts list bugs me), and i've noticed the inaccuracy of the news feed, but never thought it might be related to the tip list. so thank you cutelittlebabypanda, because i think you might have hit the nail on the head: if one neighbor responds and then tips, one right after the other, then only the tipping appears. that's the theory i'm going to try and test, anyway. just have to get a neighbor willing to help - probably after the current goals.

Rhino Keeper
    i'm going crazy with some neighbours who I add then disappears soon after. been wary of adding and i try to add only those i see are quite active in interacting with others. but still i end up with dead neighbours.

knowing the inaccuracy of the news feed, do you delete neighbours whom you have never seen on the news feed or gifted you? i know they are still playing because i see them cooking and clearing tips.

those who need neighbours who gift parts and respond to requests, please feel free to add me.

Rude Neighbours suck

deleted
    Last edited by cutelittlebabypanda; 05-21-16 at 07:05 AM.