Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Executive Chef
    I just thought of one thing. When asking someone to add you then remember your manners. I never add anyone (though seldom add anymore as I have enough nbrs.) that simply posts "add me then their ID" (Sounds to much like a command and I dont follow orders from strangers. Though i know thats not their intention it just bugs me too much so i never add them). The ones I usually added are ones who left a nice or polite message I.e. Please add me etc.

PS: sourlicorice5 is not my ID for the device I use. If you invite you'll just get stuck with me in your pending invite list.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    I just thought of one thing. When asking someone to add you then remember your manners. I never add anyone (though seldom add anymore as I have enough nbrs.) that simply posts "add me then their ID" (Sounds to much like a command and I dont follow orders from strangers. Though i know thats not their intention it just bugs me too much so i never add them). The ones I usually added are ones who left a nice or polite message I.e. Please add me etc.

PS: sourlicorice5 is not my ID for the device I use. If you invite you'll just get stuck with me in your pending invite list.
    I agree! I know it's just a game and people probably don't intend to sound rude... But I take it as a command and a rude comment. So, I quietly tip them back without a response and delete their message. I enjoy the interaction of other players and if someone can't personalize their message, I don't feel I will get any conversation out of them in the future. But, everyone is different

Rhino Keeper
    Man people really don't like the idea of posting your idea after tipping.

Guys it's just something I've heard here and there around the boards from people that think it's a proper thing to do. I remember a senior member thinking it was a good idea. If you don't like it then don't do it, it's all about opinions anyway

Rhino Keeper
    *posting your ID, sorry

Executive Chef
    unfortunately somd games are made in such a way that you just need a number of neighbors but don't have anything to build or such, and tips and gifts are so cheap they're useless. in ds you can only gift 3 but need alot if nbrs to expand. so theres 'addme userid' in return...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rusticjess View Post
    Man people really don't like the idea of posting your idea after tipping.

Guys it's just something I've heard here and there around the boards from people that think it's a proper thing to do. I remember a senior member thinking it was a good idea. If you don't like it then don't do it, it's all about opinions anyway
    I don't mind when people ask to be added... It's the manners that annoy me. When someone simply states: Add me [[Storm ID]] - that sounds like a command... And I don't take commands from people. I know it's not intended that way, but it's easy enough for someone to change their verbiage. eg. "Would you like to be neighbors? My ID is [Storm ID] if you are interested. Thanks!" Something simple like that... And like I stated, everyone's opinions are different, this is just mine

Executive Chef
    "plz add me bcz i've just got a goal 2 add 2 more nbrs already having 200. i'll then delete u so i can add back when the next such goal appears" ))))))))))

actually they're probably kids having addme in clipboard. i had my id posted and they kept addmeing right on it.

Executive Chef
    Was visiting nbrs and I have one that hasnt visited in a while (which is fine. I don't care about tips) and on her wall she posted ill only tip and gift if u tip and gift. Well I did and posted on her wall my daily joke for three days now. She has since cleared her wall of messages but didn't tip back like her post said she would. I'm giving her till tomorrow morning and then if no tips I'm deleting her. Don't get me wrong I don't care about tips but if you are going to post that on your wall and collect the tips you got and not return them like you stated then it just rubs me the wrong way. It's basically a lie and trick to get nbrs to tip you with no intention of keeping your word. If she didn't want to tip then why post that on your wall. If she had not posted that then it wouldn't have bothered me if she didn't return the tips as I don't expect them back anyways.

Banned
    I have quite a few neighbors. Some ask for specific gifts and I always try to oblige. However, don't get bossy with me because I will delete you without a second thought. I try to visit everyone who visits and/or sends parts. But guess what ? I have a life and tipping is to me a huge waste of time. It even annoys me to collect the tips left for me... Visiting and tipping is a chore I undergo when I have time and nothing better to do. I always send gifts to everyone and answer all requests.
    In my opinion, BS has a different crowd of players who like to follow a little too many rules and rigid etiquette.
    Hear me now, I am never rude to a player and usually add whoever asks politely. But that thing of special gifts or they get mad, tip or no tip, how often or they are offended...give me a break.

Farm Supplier
    Maybe your neighbour don't understand that when you post a joke, it meant that you tipped as well. If it were a young child player, she might not know if you did not state clearly that you tipped.

And sometimes I get a wall post that people tipped but as I am online, I check the newsfeed and their "tip" didn't show up so I don't know whether to believe it was a trick or a phone issue (IOS vs Andriod problem)....

I delete neighbours who do not play the same style as me quite often. I don't feel it is wrong. This is a game and I prefer to play it my way whereby it is fun for me. But sometimes I do remind neighbours what I want because when they added me they should had known my request as it is posted before my ID.

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast