Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lilkeeks View Post
    I set my alarm at 2:15am in order to gift all of my neighbors at once...if they post a specific request on my wall then I will gift them that; otherrwise I gift "in demand" parts or cappuccino. I will often visit neighbors and see their parts requests on their walls and in all honesty, I try to make a mental note of it, but I do have a very bad memory and being half asleep when I gift doesn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilkeeks View Post
    I do not have an overnight job; I am a full time student. Sometimes I am awake, sometimes I'm not but I feel better if I can gift all of my neighbors. I tip each and every one of my neighbors and those who visit me daily...I also post on their walls so both of those are already time consuming which is why I prefer to just gift everyone at once
    Wow...i don't know if we are neighbours but I would hate to know that someone is losing sleep because they are trying to send me a gift at 2 am!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphical View Post
    -shrugs- etiquette depends on who you get. I auto delete neighbors who send me food in favor of those who send me parts. Nothing to it. If you prefer food then delete people who send parts and keep those who send food. Not hard!

I don't really care about tip messages or any of that, whatever floats your boat.
    Oh I soooooo agree. Lol. I remember how hard it was to get decent neighbours when i first started out, so I'll add lower level players sometimes. But if they consistently send croissants (and i especially loathe the croissant gift for some reason. Lol) I just quietly delete them and move on.

New Resident

Question Question About Etiquette

Hello! I have a question...
    Is it polite to write a message on a neighbour's wall when you have tipped them? I do not currently, but what benefits would it have if I did?

Thanks! ^_^

Rhino Keeper
    I think it really depends on your neighbor....some like it, some don't

As for myself, most of my neighbors are high level players and I always post on their walls. Only because their news feed probably moves too fast so I leave a note in case I fall off of the news feed.

Fashion Designer
    I think it all depends on how you play the game. When I first starting my bakery, I didn't know much so I didn't care for neighbors or anything. I kept to myself until I realized I needed them for parts and stuff, lol. I was never rude to anyone, but I might have come off as such if I didn't respond or accept any requests. If someone cried every time they've been ignored in life, we would drown ourselves in tears. Now that I know much more about the app and what you need to do and what each feature does, it's much more fun having neighbors that socialize a bit. The only thing that bothers me is when people post rude [] on my wall. Just the other day someone said I must have no life because I'm a 4 star player. What is it of their business? Sorry I can multitask and you can't? lol.
    Last edited by maguar; 06-22-13 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Removed starred word

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    (and i especially loathe the croissant gift for some reason. Lol)
    It looks like a grub worm.

I don't post the generic copy/paste stuff (tipped, full, etc.). I post if I have something specific to say, chatting in general, things like that. But I've had most of the same neighbors for quite a while now, and the few news ones I've already chatted with, so everybody knows that they get tips from me every day and a gift if they're not full by the time I wake up (or if I can get one through later). My list is small and cozy like that, and that's how I like it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    It looks like a grub worm.

I don't post the generic copy/paste stuff (tipped, full, etc.). I post if I have something specific to say, chatting in general, things like that. But I've had most of the same neighbors for quite a while now, and the few news ones I've already chatted with, so everybody knows that they get tips from me every day and a gift if they're not full by the time I wake up (or if I can get one through later). My list is small and cozy like that, and that's how I like it.
    Can i please have your list? You can have mine in return

Executive Chef
    Can i please have your list? You can have mine in return
    Lol nope! My list is precious! You can hop on it if you wanna.

One thing though... I wonder what can be done when an older lady just up and goes missing after mentioning health issues. We're starting to get pretty worried. :'(

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    Lol nope! My list is precious! You can hop on it if you wanna.

One thing though... I wonder what can be done when an older lady just up and goes missing after mentioning health issues. We're starting to get pretty worried. :'(
    Well right now I think i've been leaving tips at your bakery and restaurant under cover

You know i wonder whether any of my neighbours (who used to post about health problems and who no longer play) have died?! O.o

I miss the M&Ms She (they) are not playing anymore it seems...save and except one M&M5 who I accidentally deleted last week but who never seems to check her wall and so hasn't seen my note of apology...

New Resident
    Thanks guys :3 I think I will start maybe a daily joke... Is this a good idea? (Most of the jokes are food related haha)

Executive Chef
    Well right now I think i've been leaving tips at your bakery and restaurant under cover
    I waited for a clue, got impatient, added you, and that's not a name or bakery I've seen around before, so must not have been mine you were tipping.

I emailed support about my missing neighbor. I hope they can help.