Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Farm Supplier
    I've deleted many dozens of neighbors, and I've only had one person ask me about it. She wanted to know if I deleted her (which I had, for sending food gifts), but by the time I saw it she had sent me an invite again and I had accepted it without realizing, so she came back and thanked me for adding her again. I don't think she's sent me food anymore, or I would have deleted her again.

It's nothing personal to me to delete someone or be deleted myself. I want both myself and my neighbors to be happy. I'm not happy if they send unwanted gifts, and they probably wouldn't be happy to be asked to play differently (which I never do). So deleting them seems like the kindest thing to do.

Farm Supplier
    Here's the basics: ALWAYS gift either Whats high demand, or cappucino. Try to keep your star level at 3-4, always let people know when you tip, always tip back, and DONT copy/paste your ID if they aren't adding or their ID is already there. Hope this helps!

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraBlossom188 View Post
    Here's the basics: ALWAYS gift either Whats high demand, or cappucino. Try to keep your star level at 3-4, always let people know when you tip, always tip back, and DONT copy/paste your ID if they aren't adding or their ID is already there. Hope this helps!
    Except there are players who never want food items, or never want the new stuff, only basic parts, or don't want their wall filled up with "visited" posts because then their own posts get buried... There really are no "one size fits all" rules in this game when it comes to neighbors! I have fantastic nbrs with 0-star ratings who are super-quick on the parts exchange and request answering (CRITICAL!), and I've deleted many 4-stars who constantly posted my wall right above my parts request post (had to have seen it!) and then sent me cappuccino every day (DECLINE!). The only rule you can really go by for sure is "It just depends" lol.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    Except there are players who never want food items, or never want the new stuff, only basic parts, or don't want their wall filled up with "visited" posts because then their own posts get buried... There really are no "one size fits all" rules in this game when it comes to neighbors! I have fantastic nbrs with 0-star ratings who are super-quick on the parts exchange and request answering (CRITICAL!), and I've deleted many 4-stars who constantly posted my wall right above my parts request post (had to have seen it!) and then sent me cappuccino every day (DECLINE!). The only rule you can really go by for sure is "It just depends" lol.
    That's true..guess I didn't think it through!!

Farm Supplier

Wink Best gift

For ME, the best gift is this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraBlossom188 View Post
    For ME, the best gift is this:
    That's true for a lot of people. I have cappy nbrs who want and get that every day. For me though, the best gift is helping me keep a good stock of parts, so when I want to build something to make mastering go quicker, I'm not waiting on requests. I already have food overstocked on my counters, which is profit that I can't have yet just sitting there, staring me in the face, and the last thing I want is to add more on top of it, especially when I'm not cooking it myself and earning gems from doing so.

Rhino Keeper
    -shrugs- etiquette depends on who you get. I auto delete neighbors who send me food in favor of those who send me parts. Nothing to it. If you prefer food then delete people who send parts and keep those who send food. Not hard!

I don't really care about tip messages or any of that, whatever floats your boat.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphical View Post
    -shrugs- etiquette depends on who you get. I auto delete neighbors who send me food in favor of those who send me parts. Nothing to it. If you prefer food then delete people who send parts and keep those who send food. Not hard!

I don't really care about tip messages or any of that, whatever floats your boat.
    There ya go. And most of all, DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL!

So, deleted my first neighbor ...

So, after playing for several months and having several towns full of neighbors, I have deleted a neighbor. The first one! After reading forum comments by folks who have bad neighbors, I was happy to have ones who tip and gift when they want, but always help out when needed. Complaints about certain gifts (food, non-food) is very impolite. A gift is meant to be a friendly gesture, not some test or ability to read someone's mind. I used to tip every day up until the last few weeks. Too many neighbors. It increased my XP dramatically. I tip those who tip and/or gift and tip all about once a week. I gift parts that neighbors gift me, and food gifts are mostly high dollar ones.

So, yesterday, a new neighbor at about my same level, writes on my wall, that unless her neighbors are a 4 or maybe a 3, they would be deleted. I usually am at 4. Then writes further, no food gifts accepted and only parts from her approved list. It just made me see red. This is a game and is a very pleasant past time, especially for folks like me who have some physical difficulties. So, her words were meant to be hurtful, although they didn't apply to me. So, I wrote on her wall, I would not send her any more gifts as she obviously didn't appreciate her neighbors. I have many neighbors who are at a social rating of zero, yet they are always the first to send parts or whatever is needed. I don't understand the attitude. One less neighbor is not a problem, as I have added 4 since. Thoughts?

Rhino Keeper
    My experience in the last 6 months of game play have been all over the board. Everyone plays the game differently but as long as they are kind I don't mind. I had to leave the game for about a month and only had one neighbor delete me, I have a very nice neighborhood but I keep the list below 150 at all times. This is just a personal preference of mind so I can tip/gift/accept requests frequently.
    I don't really enjoy constant baking so I do a lot of long recipes, but I do enjoy the chatting which is what has kept my interest in this game

Kudos for you for doing what suits your game play!