Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    Is it really that serious though? Lol. I’m referring to the bakery design thing not the religious messages left on walls
    I'm not going to assume creativity isn't your form of income, but have you heard of copyright? Copyright exists for a reason, & copyright is really that serious. I'm not going to stand aside & watch people tie a noose for themselves. I'd prefer to give people a little heads up so they don't end up in much more serious situations in life.

But now for a more selfish explanation... I don't like people getting credited for the time, money & original creativity of my work. Be it in a game or real life where my very source of income depends on this.

So maybe you should take a look at the bigger picture?

As for copying, I think being inspired by others is better than outright copying. Like I did a school design (again, in RS), and credited on my wall the neighbor who had previously done a school design, cause that's where I got the idea, but I didn't do her school design. (Though some elements were necessarily the same, because we both had the same cheerleaders in the gym and bookshelves in the library.)
    This. 100%.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    I'm not going to assume creativity isn't your form of income, but have you heard of copyright? Copyright exists for a reason, & copyright is really that serious. I'm not going to stand aside & watch people tie a noose for themselves. I'd prefer to give people a little heads up so they don't end up in much more serious situations in life.

But now for a more selfish explanation... I don't like people getting credited for the time, money & original creativity of my work. Be it in a game or real life where my very source of income depends on this.

This. 100%.
    yeah...except that the copyright isn’t yours to begin with though...so...you know...maybe you should take a look at the fine print and then you might have a firmer grasp of the bigger picture?

This. 100%.

Lol have several seats, tryna check me. And this is a GAME. You’re telling me you get paid for the designs you put together in Bakery Story? If not you need to relax a little. Have a Snickers, some people in this game and forum are SO uptight.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    Lol have several seats, tryna check me. And this is a GAME. You’re telling me you get paid for the designs you put together in Bakery Story? If not you need to relax a little. Have a Snickers, some people in this game and forum are SO uptight.
    A little chamomile tea might work too.

Rhino Keeper
    The point literally flew over the pair of your heads.

Jojocl141587, you're sitting in this thread, nitpicking through posts & opposing everyones personal opinion, as if yours will change anybody elses mind. Your wasting your time. Maybe you should spend more of it with your kids. Or you could restudy English & reread my post?

I gave you a legitimate explanation that went over both your heads. What more can I offer you than a suggestion to educate yourselves?

Just because people can get away with copying others creativity in a game, does not make it right. Neither of you seem to have any respect for those who come up with something original.

& Bobbyrae, when you copy somebody elses design, & someone comes along to compliment & tell you how creative you are, do youthank them & take credit for somebody elses work?

Shameful.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Executive Chef
    A hopefully illustrative true-life tale:

I once had someone credited with my idea--not a creative thing, just a situation where our company gave bonuses for people who came up with money saving ideas. It wasn't even an idea as such, it was just knowledge that my work friend could do something (binding reports) in-house that they'd been sending out, saving their dept a little money. I told her it was a possibility, taught her how to use the binder, and then kept helping her cause she wasn't that great with the machine. I didn't even think it worth the award, but when her manager nominated her, and she got the bonus, I was upset. Her response was that she needed the money. As far as I know, she got the money for having the idea, not as a convenient excuse just because her manager wanted a reason to give her the bonus (though that is possible).

So, my former friend was in the wrong to not say it wasn't her idea, hopefully we can all agree. But that story is the reason I can't disagree with anyone here. Do I wish people would give credit where it's due, even if it's in a silly bakery game, as indicative of a larger sense of personal ethics? Um, YEAH.

But do I think bakery-design-copying actually indicates a person is likely to be a thief of ideas in the real world, where it matters (and not just for intellectual property)? No, I really don't. It's a game. And I don't think that if someone had told my ex-friend in such a game that she shouldn't copy at all, or at least give credit where it's due, she would have taken that lesson to heart and applied it to real life either. Sorry, scawr, I just don't think you're saving anyone.

Nightclub Owner

Jojocl141587, you're sitting in this thread, nitpicking through posts & opposing everyones personal opinion, as if yours will change anybody elses mind. Your wasting your time. Maybe you should spend more of it with your kids. Or you could restudy English & reread my post?

I gave you a legitimate explanation that went over both your heads. What more can I offer you than a suggestion to educate yourselves?

Just because people can get away with copying others creativity in a game, does not make it right. Neither of you seem to have any respect for those who come up with something original.

& Bobbyrae, when you copy somebody elses design, & someone comes along to compliment & tell you how creative you are, do youthank them & take credit for somebody elses work?

Shameful.
    I’m perhaps a little more educated on the subject matter than you could ever believe. I dare say I may be more educated on the topic than you are. But never mind that.
    Your explanation did not fly over my head at all, but apparently my suggestion to make yourself acquainted with the fine print of this game flew right over yours.

I do not go around copying anyone’s ideas but will try to copy a 3D design to figure out how the player did it. I believe many of us do the same in our own games, building walls and buildings using dividers, flowers and tables etc.

I do have the utmost respect for creativity and those who are creative.

I have had my original work in real life stolen and used by a media house with no credit to me so yes I do get how awful...and illegal...that is. And since I do not go around stealing anyone’s ideas in real life or more importantly, in make believe story games, I have no need to take credit for anyone’s work. And since I hardly ever read my wall and really don’t have neighbours who have the time to visit my game and wall and compliment me on my not so creative designs, I suspect it has never been an issue.

Perhaps you really do need that Snickers and Chamomile Tea after all.

Shameful.
    I think maybe YOU should restudy English because EVERYONE means every single person on this thread I said something about your post and one other persons. And just like you have a right to sit and run your mouth I can speak too. I’m simply saying people take this game a little too seriously. Stealing people’s copyrighted stuff in real life IN MY OPINION <<<<< take note of that okay, in MY opinion is a whole other situation from doing it in a game, a bakery that isn’t real. If those same people would do it in real life then they can suffer the consequences for it. I have seen SO many bakeries with the stair illusion, I myself have done it. So does that mean unless we are the first person to do it in BS no one else should do it unless we credited the first person with the idea?

And your slick little comment about spending time with my kids, not that I have to explain myself to the likes of you but I spend PLENTY of time with my kids, I’m just good at time management. Next time keep kids out of it or I will get myself banned from this forum.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer

This. 100%.
    Nobody has copyrighted their bakery design. You'd be laughed out of court. Nobody will be in any legal trouble for copying someone else's design.

I think maybe everyone should calm down. It's a game. It's not a big whup. If you don't like someone because of their messages or what they make or even the title of their bakery, don't neighbor them. Delete them if you already have them. It's that easy! Delete, move on.

I deleted the person leaving adult messages and forgot all about them until I read all this.

Let it go.

If the game is getting under your skin THAT much, step away.

That's my $.02

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Moderator Warning

All,

The recent turn in conversation on this thread is skirting violation of the forum rules. Please be civil to each other and keep the posts on-topic.

Addendum to Disputes With Others:
    If you object to any content posted by another user, and/or would like to report another user of violations of the forum rules, please do one of the following:

• Send a Private Message to a Storm8 Community Manager [S8 Employee]
    • Send a Private Message to a Moderator
    • Post in the Forum Disputes section

Please note that this is an exhaustive list; do not report other players through any other means, especially by responding to that user in-thread (the exception being for Mods and Storm8 Community Managers only). Please note that responding to other players in thread about forum violations will be treated with the same severity as a forum violation; please report other users through the proper channels only.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 10-22-17 at 10:22 AM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~