Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauracore View Post
    I'm just genuinely curious about why people delete me. I am level 99 and gift materials daily. The only thing I don't do is tip everyone. If I send a gift and a few people have already received too many gifts then I will tip them. But I can't help but feel sort of sad when other level 99s delete me without an explanation. This is a fun game and I don't take anything personally. Is there something I am doing wrong? The only reason I can think of is maybe these people wanted me to gift food only or something. Personally I get annoyed when I am gifted food but whatever, there's a decline button there for a reason and I try hard to remember who wants food only and who wants parts only (even though it's a pain in the butt lol) But if a neighbor doesn't tell me what they want, then they get whatever I choose to gift that day. I figure as long as I'm gifting daily, that's a good thing right?
    Some people are touchy. If you don't write on their walls, if you don't tip, etc. they must have more time than me. The only thing I do and that I ask of my neighbors is to answer requests and gift during goals. Idc about tips and between goal gifts. If I have time, I'll try to gift between goals but I'm busy with real life.

Hello,my thought is this. The gift is supposed to help people,either by helping them build their ovens with parts,or giving them food when they are low. Its to help your nbr and gifting things that dont help them is a waste of both of your time. Im level 99 with a stock pile of food,so i dont need or want food,i want parts to build any oven that pops up. Low level players need parts and food,so i always gift both. If people gift what they want to gift,regardless if their nbrs need it or not ,i delete them,because this game was designed to be a team player game,you cant build ovens without them or parts. Its annoying sometimes because of it,but its the way of the game. The best thing to do,is have like minded nbrs,and thats what i do,as well as a lot of other people. Anyway hope this helps.

Rhino Keeper

Does it bother you

When someone unfriends you as a neighbor? It does me. I don't even converse on walls like some just a hi or a verse once in awhile. Makes me want to ask them why lol. I'm an old woman and still makes me feel bothered.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    When someone unfriends you as a neighbor? It does me. I don't even converse on walls like some just a hi or a verse once in awhile. Makes me want to ask them why lol. I'm an old woman and still makes me feel bothered.
    I'm not bothered by it but I do understand how it can bother others so I make sure that anytime I remove a neighbor I always leave a note explaining why. Most times it's because the neighbor and I have different playing styles or it's due to my yearly clear out of inactives.

My go-to message for removal goes something like this: "I've enjoyed being neighbors but am removing myself from your list so you can add another who better fits your needs/playing style. Happy gaming!" The neighbor then sees not only that they are losing a neighbor but why. If they want more of an explanation they can always swing by and ask via my post on their wall. Some may find the message unnecessary but I think it's the polite thing to do.

From my experience, if a player removes you as a neighbor it's nothing personal and is probably due to differences in playing style. Maybe they want someone who writes a lot or someone who doesn't write at all. Heck, I once had a neighbor who removed neighbors if they left tips! For every neighbor who is laid back there is an equal amount that have very specific expectations from their neighbors.

Don't let it get you down if you're removed. After all, there are hundreds of thousands of neighbor-fish in the BS sea, keep swimming and you'll find your perfect life long neighbors eventually

Executive Chef
    Bad experience I would like to share. Do not be mean if some change there theme/they accidentally send wrong gift. Be respectful and just delete said gift/NBR.
    Last edited by kappy333; 03-03-19 at 05:56 PM.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Executive Chef
    I have someone who get seriously so upset when I accidentally send the wrong gift. I accidentally gift someone the wrong gift in the past on bakery, and I did it only by accident 1 time, and when I did I said sorry, and yet they was all rude to me, puttting there message in all caps. They act like I did not understand. I did delete.

Or when people only add you because of what your place look like, and then they get mad when you try to do a different theme.

This did happen on restaurant story like2-3 year ago or so, anyway I did have a Halloween at the time, (keep in mind it was not Halloween when I did have the theme up) anyway I did a Halloween theme because I see a lot beautiful Halloween theme from other people at the time, and I did decide to do a Halloween theme for a while, anyway fast forward when I did try to do a summer theme, there was this person that said something along the line of “delete me if you are change your theme” and I did, but from that rude experience I did decide to keep my Halloween theme. Because I was a bit discouraged.

Anyway. If anyone was to say that again, I would just roll it off and make a joke about it.

Because they do not pay my bakery story or my restaurant story bills. And since no 1 does besides myself, then they do not have the right to get mad when I change to a different theme.

Delete me silently, if you are mad that I did change my theme. Thank you.
    Last edited by kappy333; 03-03-19 at 05:56 PM.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Aww, Kappy! You have the right to whatever your theme is. The way they made you feel breaks my heart.

On a related note, I've met some really nice players and alternately some real honking jerks. People who yell at me over that I gift them tick me off and I delete them. It's a gift that I took my time to send. The format for gifting specific items is horrible. Restaurant story is minimally better.

Rhino Keeper
    Or when people only add you because of what your place look like, and then they get mad when you try to do a different theme.
    What? I'd say that the vast majority of neighbors I've had in BS and RS over the years change their themes periodically. Anyone who gets upset when their neighbors change their theme have unrealistic expectations.

Do these people yell at their friends if they go to their house and they've rearranged their furniture? It's so weird.

Executive Chef
    Yeah, I've never heard of neighbors being angered because someone changed the design of their own bakery. That's next-level crazy.

Here’s something I saw recently: someone left a message on a wall (not mine, I was visiting and backtracked cause I'm nosy) that the person hadn't checked their wall to see what they wanted. Meaning A wanted a particular gift, wrote that they wanted said item on their own wall, and then yelled at B for not visiting A and checking A's wall before gifting. I think that if you want something specific, you have to put the message on your neighbors' walls, not your own.

(I occasionally put a request on my own wall when it's not urgent, but always preface it with an "if you happen to see this" and never yell at anyone over it.)

Executive Chef
    Why do people get mad over a gift, like really ?

I had a neighbor who got mad in RS and said "why is it so hard for you to send me stew today, how difficult can it be...bla bla bla" which I didn't like. In BS she asked me if I was still playing which is kinda dumb question (sorry for the expression) because I gift every morning for many years now and tip of my wall also I was doing goals, leaving messages on walls when I visited and sending requests.

When I told her I play everyday but cannot visit every single day she then asked why I can't gift what she wanted.

Long story short, at that time I was pretty busy with work for a couple of weeks so I will gift after work and by then she would be maxed, so I told her that and added if she needed to delete that's okay and she said she would. So I waited a couple days for her to delete me from RS too but she acted differently visiting me and leaving messages which was pretty odd since it's not like she doesn't know who I am in RS...

I thought it was getting quite ridiculous and just quietly deleted her.

Personally I don't care about tips, if you tip and leave a message I will tip you back too and leave a nice greeting.

I'm more about requests and parts/goal parts & I don't get mad if someone sends a goal part which I no longer need due to building enough appliances.

People who act like this is real life and the end of the world if they don't get what they want from others whenever they asked for it need to chill a bit. I play to de-stress not to add to it.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE