Page 78 of 94 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

I'm extremely lucky with my neighbors too!! I'm mostly in it for the goals so I just need you to play then. My neighbors are nice and I try not to delete unless they very clearly aren't playing anymore. I definitely don't have time to get caught up in who tips/ gifts!!

It will always be true that there are many different ways to play, and I guess you've just got to keep making adjustments to your neighborhood until you have a group of folks who are like-minded.

Right now, I have about 65 neighbors total and definitely would not want more than 100, but only about 4 of my neighbors gift and maybe 3 or 4 tip. I personally do not care about tips at all; I don't have time to tip everyone every day, and I don't expect you to either. I try to keep my star rating around 2, and tip back the people who are frequent tippers. I don't care if people post on my wall - I kinda prefer that they don't because I don't check it that often. Other than that, I really only care about materials requests and neighbors who gift goal parts. I don't have enough of those right now. []
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-10-15 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Removed Add me comments
    If you aren't uptight, don't treat the game like a job, and always grant materials requests regardless of START RATINGS (no star snobs!), feel free to add me as a neighbor!

My id maja_madagaskar - android 4.2.2.

What is the best practical?
    -1. Materialrequest
    -2. Send material request
    -3. Send gifts

button for all neigborns? - divide request and gifts -very much -tipp all neigborns
    -sorry -but is the equal in facebook -is not really friends -only game player
    -send all neigborns gift or request -is no limit? - all storm8 game not the same functions? -only 3 gifts

i think is good when i have a problems with goals or game -i can ask my neighborn -too many time to play with storm8 games -trouble at home - and now still forum-

personally i tend to remove neighbors that tend to have full tables at my playtimes- it just means we aren't active at the same times therefore do not compliment each other as neighbors. i would have no hard feelings if i were removed for this reason also. i understand how tedious it is to visit the same people every day and still find them full.

i am a bit wary of people that insist on one specific gift. it is hard for me to remember sometimes and hope people don't get annoyed if one day i happen to send them the wrong gift (they can always reject).

Host(ess)
    I agree with 1smiledaily everyone plays differently and there is no cast iron rules about etiquette. However I would say that tipping daily will ensure you keep all your neighbours and they will appreciate you more if send the correct gift request when I add a bakery I always ask them if they prefer parts or food/drink and gift accordingly. Also in my opinion the game is primarily about looking after your neighbours so only have the number you can comfortably manage. If you have to politely refuse to add a bakery because you already have your limit of neighbors then so be it you can always add them if and when you have to delete one.

Executive Chef
    I play both RS and BS and have got 45 nbrs in ea. I've got a very straightforward policy on gifting and none of them have a problem w it. It's actually very simple:
    On Odd Days I give parts. If we're in the 1st wk of a challenge then naturally I'll gift the new needed parts. When Ive built all the 1st new appliances I plan on building I'll gift the other new part. Usually by the end of the 1st wk I'm back to gifting more of the "whatever" the new general part is. I figure if nbrs still need other parts that's y there r Parts Requests.
    When we receive a new appliance I'll gift the new part for a couple of Odd Days.

On Even Days I gift food. In BS it's cappuccino and in RS it's r chicken.

I've got excellent nbrs. I recently missed almost all of October thru November until the 19th of December all due to illness which kept me from playing the game as much as usual. I went at least 1month w/o tipping or gifting and they, my nbrs, stood by me. I had 1nbr who kept in touch w me and would occasionally post updates on my wall letting my nbrs how I was doing. When I returned fully they welcomed me back w opened arms and I was just so happy to c not 1 had left.

This is what having a good nbr base is all about. Who cares what's being gifted to them on anyone day. I rarely turn down a gift unless it's something I know I'll never use and believe me that doesn't happen often.

So how about instead of always talking or posting something negative about etiquette or gifting try to find something good to say. Isn't there enough negativity going on right now?

THINK ABOUT IT
    Start your new year off on a positive foot.

PEACE
    elainecarrel

Elaine's neighbors stand by her because she stands by us! She is the perfect neighbor: answers requests promptly, gifts, visits, and posts interesting tidbits.
    All my neighbors are wonderful, each in his/her own way. Some may be 0 star, but they're there immediately to gift and fill requests. Some like to visit and chat a bit every day. Some I just adore because their posts are hilarious, which keeps the games interesting. All are courteous enough to let me know when they'll be away. None are demanding.
    I have no complaints about my neighbors, and am lucky to have found such a great group.

Rhino Keeper
    My neighbors mostly tip. But, they don't usally do a messages on my wall that often now. And I usually get food or parts as gifts. Maybe for a bakery story resolution is to get as less food as gifts as possible without even telling anybody about this.
    Storm 8!

Host(ess)
    Haha! I just noticed this posted on my wall from a neighbor. "I tip from my wall, so this is for all the silent tippers. NO POST, NO TIPS!"

Uh......okay by me. Hilarious!
    Last edited by ckooten; 03-08-16 at 04:28 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah, if they're not posting, it's probably because they don't care if they get tipped back.