Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 903

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

  1. #881
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    I have a question about gifting basic parts. I've been gifting Oven Elements when there's no goal going. I see many people requesting for basic parts. I've been on and off of this game for couple years so I'd like to know what are the basic parts? Which one you usually gift/mass gift and which one people would love to collect/receive? I'm a mass gifters and I mass gift on reset, also I don't take request. As for there's no way to know if my gifts been rejected or accepted, I'd love to give something that most people want ^^ thank you!
    I consider basic parts to be everything from Fuse through Wiring.

  2. #882
    Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    The gall! Ain?t nobody got time for that!! I hope you deleted them as a neighbor.
    She deleted me before I could. I could understand being slightly upset if I had sent food instead but to send a goal part instead of a basic part and it made her so angry? I was dumbfounded. She was just so nasty with her words. Thanks for the support

  3. #883
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Sctigersfan1 View Post
    I hope y'all don't mind if I vent a little. My biggest problem is when a neighbor is so rude about the gifting. I had someone bless me out because I sent them a goal part and they said I should have read their wall to see that they weren't doing the goal. If you write on my wall, I will try to remember to send your request, but I don't have time to read 100+ neighbor walls. I've played for over 5 years, level 99, 3 to 4 star player. When I explained that other neighbors kindly write their requests on my wall, their reply was "part of the game is reading your neighbor's walls and you shouldn't be playing if you aren't going to". There was more said but I won't go into that. They are a level 57 player. Geez. I have a job and kids and it is just a game. Why do some people have to ruin it?  Thanks for letting me vent. I've never had someone be so rude and not even allow for adult discussion about it. It could have easily been worked out.
    Part of the game is reading your neighbors' walls? Funny, I've been playing for quite a few years now and never knew that! Thanks for the tip, level 57 player!

    </sarcasm>

    Really, the part where you even tried to respond like a reasonable adult makes you a better person than me.

  4. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Part of the game is reading your neighbors' walls? Funny, I've been playing for quite a few years now and never knew that! Thanks for the tip, level 57 player!

    </sarcasm>

    Really, the part where you even tried to respond like a reasonable adult makes you a better person than me.
    Thank you. I think I'm a reasonable and fair player. Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought her response was over the top. I appreciate the feedback.

  5. #885
    Host(ess)
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Qld, Australia
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sctigersfan1 View Post
    I hope y'all don't mind if I vent a little. My biggest problem is when a neighbor is so rude about the gifting. I had someone bless me out because I sent them a goal part and they said I should have read their wall to see that they weren't doing the goal. If you write on my wall, I will try to remember to send your request, but I don't have time to read 100+ neighbor walls. I've played for over 5 years, level 99, 3 to 4 star player. When I explained that other neighbors kindly write their requests on my wall, their reply was "part of the game is reading your neighbor's walls and you shouldn't be playing if you aren't going to". There was more said but I won't go into that. They are a level 57 player. Geez. I have a job and kids and it is just a game. Why do some people have to ruin it?  Thanks for letting me vent. I've never had someone be so rude and not even allow for adult discussion about it. It could have easily been worked out.
    A different perspective here ....

    You are expecting this player to visit your wall, yet you don?t visit theirs? It does come across as hypocritical behaviour.

    Also, you shouldn?t assume that a player is more or less experienced than yourself based on the level of their bakery. There are plenty of players with multiple accounts.
    ___ Restaurant Story ID: wtfitbs | Bakery Story ID: wtfitbs2 ___

    4* Goal player | (silent) tips daily | Individual gifts | Requests filled quickly
    NO mass gifting neighbours needed (food or otherwise) | Read my wall for more details


  6. #886
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfitbs2 View Post
    A different perspective here ....

    You are expecting this player to visit your wall, yet you don?t visit theirs? It does come across as hypocritical behaviour.

    Also, you shouldn?t assume that a player is more or less experienced than yourself based on the level of their bakery. There are plenty of players with multiple accounts.
    People should understand that we all have lives and family outside of the game. The majority of us do not have time to read 60+ walls everyday. If a neighbor wants a specific part, then I think it?s courteous and reasonable to expect them to leave it on their neighbors? walls. Otherwise, they shouldn?t get upset if their neighbors mass gift indiscriminately.

  7. #887
    Host(ess)
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Qld, Australia
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    People should understand that we all have lives and family outside of the game. The majority of us do not have time to read 60+ walls everyday. If a neighbor wants a specific part, then I think it?s courteous and reasonable to expect them to leave it on their neighbors? walls. Otherwise, they shouldn?t get upset if their neighbors mass gift indiscriminately.
    So what happens when they do that, and that post disappears (because of the post limit) after the other 100+ neighbours post their requests? Or worse, when the post is ignored?

    I completely understand that people are busy, but seriously, if you?re not willing to regularly look at your neighbours walls because you don?t have time, it?s time to reconsider the quantity of neighbours on your list. Otherwise, like I said, it?s pretty hypocritical.
    ___ Restaurant Story ID: wtfitbs | Bakery Story ID: wtfitbs2 ___

    4* Goal player | (silent) tips daily | Individual gifts | Requests filled quickly
    NO mass gifting neighbours needed (food or otherwise) | Read my wall for more details


  8. #888
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfitbs2 View Post
    So what happens when they do that, and that post disappears (because of the post limit) after the other 100+ neighbours post their requests? Or worse, when the post is ignored?

    I completely understand that people are busy, but seriously, if you?re not willing to regularly look at your neighbours walls because you don?t have time, it?s time to reconsider the quantity of neighbours on your list. Otherwise, like I said, it?s pretty hypocritical.
    What happens is that that person should move on until they find neighbors who play the same style they do. What they should NOT do is be rude and tell their neighbors how they should be playing. It?s a GAME, not a job.

    People do not have to reconsider the quantity of neighbors on their list. People can have as many neighbors as they wish and they should not be criticized for how they play. Let people play as they wish, is all I?m saying. Let people be. I don?t see the hypocrisy in that.

    I always keep my wall clean and clutter free. I tip back when players leave a tip comment then I delete it. If my neighbors leave a gift request, I leave it there. And I always look at my wall before mass gifting. But that is my playing style. No neighbors so far have complained about me not reading their walls.

    And I do not have 100+ neighbors posting their requests. The most I have gotten are like 5 at any given time. So no, they do not get lost in my wall. I also keep a note of what neighbors want basic or food gifts in non goal days on my note app on my phone so my wall is not cluttered. But I know this because they have left their requests on my wall.

  9. #889
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfitbs2 View Post
    A different perspective here ....

    You are expecting this player to visit your wall, yet you don?t visit theirs? It does come across as hypocritical behaviour.

    Also, you shouldn?t assume that a player is more or less experienced than yourself based on the level of their bakery. There are plenty of players with multiple accounts.
    No, I don't expect that and that isn't what I said. I don't leave messages on my wall. If I have a specific request, I write it on THEIR wall. Or I leave a message to "please read my wall" if I will be on vacation and won't be playing as often.

    My complaint is that she was so extremely angry and rude and name called without trying to ask to even resolve the issue. Just "why did you send that. Don't you read my wall?" With other comments I won't leave here.

    I have just never had someone be so rude! No matter what level.
    Last edited by Sctigersfan1; 06-22-19 at 05:33 PM.

  10. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    What happens is that that person should move on until they find neighbors who play the same style they do. What they should NOT do is be rude and tell their neighbors how they should be playing. It?s a GAME, not a job.

    People do not have to reconsider the quantity of neighbors on their list. People can have as many neighbors as they wish and they should not be criticized for how they play. Let people play as they wish, is all I?m saying. Let people be. I don?t see the hypocrisy in that.

    I always keep my wall clean and clutter free. I tip back when players leave a tip comment then I delete it. If my neighbors leave a gift request, I leave it there. And I always look at my wall before mass gifting. But that is my playing style. No neighbors so far have complained about me not reading their walls.

    And I do not have 100+ neighbors posting their requests. The most I have gotten are like 5 at any given time. So no, they do not get lost in my wall. I also keep a note of what neighbors want basic or food gifts in non goal days on my note app on my phone so my wall is not cluttered. But I know this because they have left their requests on my wall.
    Thank you. And that is how I play as well and have never experienced too many notes on my wall. Plus you have to have so many neighbors to expand the bakery or at least you did and still do in Restaurant story.
    Last edited by Sctigersfan1; 06-22-19 at 04:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •