Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj99 View Post
    I am a long time parts only player, I don't want food, I don't send it either if asked (that player, being not my style of player, gets removed because 100% of the time they WILL send food). I write on my wall what parts I need during a goal as well as in between goals. It's also very clear on my wall that I don't want food (I can cook my own and I have hundreds of counters full). I read all walls and send what players need, I expect the same in return. I return gifts to gifters first and after they are done, I will (or not) answer "beggers" requests (those who always ask but never gift)

I have had inflammatory posts on my wall after deleting food gifters. They mostly say I am rude.... so the question is: who is rude? the one who clearly posts game play style and preferences and acts accordingly and accommodates good/same style neighbors or the ones who don't care about others by not reading their walls?

The word "rude" is used for everything and anything nowadays, I've even see it written "roode" Respect is an unspoken rule

Finally, I am getting tired of people posting on my wall when they tip or gift. If you tip storm8 posts a notification on my newsfeed, if you gift I can see it. Overnight, my wall gets clogged up with useless 1 letter posts and neighbors don't have the time to go through all to find MY post with my preferences. Same works the other way around, most of the time I have to go through a lot of [] until I find instructions on my neighbors' walls. Then there are those neighbors who never clean up their walls….

Don't even get me started on those who feel they have to leave daily proverbs or jokes....
    I value every neighbour and show the same respect they show me, fair game I think. Although to be honest I am losing interest and fun in the game, in view of the new storm8 style.
    I have a very similar playing style to yourself, although I prefer neighbours to let me know if they’ve tried to gift and I am maxed. That way I can tell just how active they are, and remove those who aren’t. I will post on neighbours walls that their gifts are maxed, but only if they haven’t requested nobody post! I think people who post on other’s walls when they’ve specifically requested nobody to post is one of the biggest acts of “rudeness” possible! The other is people who expect you to post on their wall, but they don’t read yours! *eyeroll*

I’m always letting any new neighbours know, that they need to read my wall. Anyone that gifts me food or old goal parts as a first gift is removed without warning because it’s blatantly obvious they didn’t read a thing. Just like posts from random people requesting I add them are removed, my ID is clearly posted on my wall!

I tend to my News Feed (as soon as I’ve removed any unnecessary posts from my wall), as I feel that those who are gifting me and responding to my requests deserve the priority. For those that send requests but refrain from gifting me what I need, I post a “friendly” reminder on their walls a couple of times, and if they continue, then I remove them, I’d rather spend my time tending to those who are helpful to me. I also have a list of everyone that I’ve removed in case they try to come back! It does annoy me that it’s come to keeping track of things like this, but it wouldn’t happen if people would just READ!
    ___ Restaurant Story ID: wtfitbs | Bakery Story ID: wtfitbs2 ___

4* Goal player | (silent) tips daily | Individual gifts | Requests filled quickly
    NO mass gifting neighbours needed (food or otherwise) | Read my wall for more details

New Resident
    I never add neighbors... Because their avatars are so unfriendly

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj99 View Post
    I am a long time parts only player, I don't want food, I don't send it either if asked (that player, being not my style of player, gets removed because 100% of the time they WILL send food). I write on my wall what parts I need during a goal as well as in between goals. It's also very clear on my wall that I don't want food (I can cook my own and I have hundreds of counters full). I read all walls and send what players need, I expect the same in return. I return gifts to gifters first and after they are done, I will (or not) answer "beggers" requests (those who always ask but never gift)

I have had inflammatory posts on my wall after deleting food gifters. They mostly say I am rude.... so the question is: who is rude? the one who clearly posts game play style and preferences and acts accordingly and accommodates good/same style neighbors or the ones who don't care about others by not reading their walls?

The word "rude" is used for everything and anything nowadays, I've even see it written "roode" Respect is an unspoken rule

Finally, I am getting tired of people posting on my wall when they tip or gift. If you tip storm8 posts a notification on my newsfeed, if you gift I can see it. Overnight, my wall gets clogged up with useless 1 letter posts and neighbors don't have the time to go through all to find MY post with my preferences. Same works the other way around, most of the time I have to go through a lot of [] until I find instructions on my neighbors' walls. Then there are those neighbors who never clean up their walls?.

Don't even get me started on those who feel they have to leave daily proverbs or jokes....
    I value every neighbour and show the same respect they show me, fair game I think. Although to be honest I am losing interest and fun in the game, in view of the new storm8 style.
    I'm going to add a few things to my list of "Proper" versus "Improper" Etiquette. First, I find it improper to randomly add players, then condescendingly demand they not post while visiting. One would think that out of a dozen preference posts, at least one restriction would mention - "do not post to my wall..." See, I visit each bakery prior to accepting requests (or rather add and check over whom I am accepting - when the latter is not possible) and read their walls/scan their bakery for goal items and ovens to see if I even want to add them as a neighbor. I prefer to select neighbors who share the same playing style as I. However, omitting relevant information, especially one as stringent as a preference for neighbors who do not post, does not give the player the right to dictate orders to neighbors whom accepted said player's invitation. If the player does not want anyone posting to their wall, this should be stated upfront and not omitted from the list of requirements.

Second, Bakery Story is a social game. No matter how active a user is, at some point, each bakery will be visited by another player. With this, comes users posting their visit (or ID) on a bakery wall. As a veteran RPG player in a different, very popular online game, the choice to socialize with other players depends on if you choose to communicate. Generally, I do not socialize with anyone in my RPG game, even when joining a group to complete a quest. I also choose not to add players to my friend list, and my game play runs quite peaceful and smooth.

Yet, in Bakery Story, I want neighbors to socialize with, even if the conversation is brief. I value neighbors who visit and post, and I especially find the ones who "feel they have to leave daily proverbs or jokes...." some of the most charismatic, joyful people in this game. I even started my own daily posts - to be social and share a piece of myself (personality, interests) with everyone. In fact, I chose to share a daily song this month because I intend to bring joy or solace to everyone going through a difficult situation, as well as striking up a conversation. To be criticized for creativity is, in my opinion, utter disrespect. Improper etiquette occurs when the player visits the "Proverbial" player and bluntly states they refrain from posting their method of conversing. There are several solutions to both prevent and remedy this, which include stating "do not post" on your own bakery wall, reading posts made by that user on other bakery walls, removing the neighbor without further ado, and not adding neighbors who post. The probability of neighbors posting to your personal wall is high in this game because Bakery Story is formatted to be social. Those who are anti-social still play, but to prevent other users from responding in a negative demeanor, they chose not to react by posting on the visitor's wall.

Last, people do read walls. Sure, there are those who intentionally ignore preferences (for simple reasons - not just to be disrespectful). Mostly, players are rushed and speed to tip. Many are not serious gamers, like one would find in console or online RPG games. Like I mentioned previously, I always read walls - of both neighbors and prospective neighbors. I even have a list of who prefers basic parts versus food. Just because someone gifts a cappuccino one day does not mean they are rude. All I can suggest is pay attention to neighbors who are consistent in gifting what is preferred. Even those neighbors will decide to mass gift. Not one neighbor is more important than the other. What about the other 63 neighbors? Perhaps they prefer something else instead. The gifting neighbor likely does not make nor have as much free time as a serious player... So, having perfect expectations is not reasonable, in my opinion.

Again, everyone has their own playing style (as mentioned in my previous post), which is completely fine. Regardless, if a player has preferences, these should be clearly stated right away. There is no reason to disrespect anyone in this game who does not share the exact same preferences as one's self.

Executive Chef
    Is rude to say this?

"Please ignore my invite. I send to wrong person"

When you accidentally send invite?

I think at 1st this person have "22" it may have be 33 in there ID - I not sure. I think I maybe read wrong. But in way, I send invite, TO WRONG PERSON 😤 it embarrassing. What do you do in situation like it?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Is rude to say this?

"Please ignore my invite. I send to wrong person"

When you accidentally send invite?

I think at 1st this person have "22" it may have be 33 in there ID - I not sure. I think I maybe read wrong. But in way, I send invite, TO WRONG PERSON �� it embarrassing. What do you do in situation like it?
    I've done the same thing before, with so many user names there are lots that are similar enough that it's an easy mistake to make. When I do this, I just post a message on their wall saying "Feel free to ignore my invite, your ID is close to another I was adding. If you want to accept, my playing habits are on my wall."

That way, the person can delete the invite without any worries or they can check out my wall to see if my playing style works with mine. In my experience, so long as the message is polite then most players are understanding of these things.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wtfitbs2 View Post
    I have a very similar playing style to yourself, although I prefer neighbours to let me know if they’ve tried to gift and I am maxed. That way I can tell just how active they are, and remove those who aren’t. I will post on neighbours walls that their gifts are maxed, but only if they haven’t requested nobody post! I think people who post on other’s walls when they’ve specifically requested nobody to post is one of the biggest acts of “rudeness” possible! The other is people who expect you to post on their wall, but they don’t read yours! *eyeroll*
    I think it's funny when someone posts on their wall that they don't want you to post on their wall (because they're on vacation or whatever), and then there are tons of posts from other people saying "don't post! she said not to post!" Jeez. I admit sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I post before I read, so I've posted when people have asked not to. But I feel like it makes it worse to post again to apologize!

If any of my neighbors cares how people gift or post, none of them says anything about it. In general, I only post on the walls of people who post on my wall. I usually tip from my wall, but if I'm going through the list and tipping, I won't post if the neighbor isn't a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've done the same thing before, with so many user names there are lots that are similar enough that it's an easy mistake to make. When I do this, I just post a message on their wall saying "Feel free to ignore my invite, your ID is close to another I was adding. If you want to accept, my playing habits are on my wall."

That way, the person can delete the invite without any worries or they can check out my wall to see if my playing style works with mine. In my experience, so long as the message is polite then most players are understanding of these things.
    I agree.

😂😂😂so hilarious. If I delete my ugly bakeries I?d loose half the neighbourhood haha

Executive Chef
    Or it funny how you can keep a player for a month in your list (when they go inactive for months time) and you do also, and they delete you instantly. Lol. Now I know why try to keep them if they not keep you? I glad I have the NBRS in my list currently, it proves no 1 else otherwise is worth my time/will wait for me like I did them. It funny to see how people will react when they're not the 1 doing it now.

If they was to ever come back, like last neighbour did, WHEN THEY WAS The 1 to delete ME. Now I know to never add the persons back.
    Last edited by kappy333; 11-12-19 at 01:41 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Or it funny how you can keep a player for a month in your list (when they go inactive for months time) and you do also, and they delete you instantly. Lol. Now I know why try to keep them if they not keep you? I glad I have the NBRS in my list currently, it proves no 1 else otherwise is worth my time/will wait for me like I did them. It funny to see how people will react when they're not the 1 doing it now.

If they was to ever come back, like last neighbour did, WHEN THEY WAS The 1 to delete ME. Now I know to never add the persons back.
    This is the 2nd time they do this (specific person in particular) do it. So I will take measures to make sure they don't do it again/fool me like they do last time.

Anyway. It bad to rant/complain, but even though I may have deserve it, it does not hurt any less to be honest.

But it hurts more when you have done and keep a neighbour for the same exact reason they delete you for
    Last edited by kappy333; 11-12-19 at 02:02 PM.

Rhino Keeper

Does it bother you

When neighbors drop you? I understand why I drop below 3 stars sometimes and rarely post on walls. I work and am old and tired. Still bothers me though. I do play daily and gift and answer requests