Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

OK. I'm new at this...been at it for a couple of weeks and working on reaching level 23. As I'm reading these forums I'm realizing that there's a code of etiquette I wasn't aware of. I've been guilty of gifting brownies (who doesn't love brownies?!), but I get now why that might be annoying to some. I'll stick with screws from now on, though that lacks a certain whimsy.

BUT...and here's my question...what other rules do I not know about? What behavior from your neighbors or other members of the community is considered rude, inconsiderate, or just annoying? I'm totally game for being a good neighbor...somebody tell me how to avoid being a jerk.

Rhino Keeper
    Most of the etiquette has to do with gifting/tipping I think. I usually send appliance parts that are currently being demanded by most (like right now everyone sends requests for music parts) and if not, I send a cappuccino because that's the most desired food (or drink, actually) gift. Most neighbors like the idea of tipping and gifting everyone on their list daily, but as you level up you'll find that you may end up with hundreds of neighbors that makes it...a little tough to tip all of them every day. So, that's not so much of an issue if you have tons and tons of neighbors.

Also, if you tip a stranger, I've heard it's considered etiquette to post your storm8 id on their wall in case they want to add you. I don't do that much anymore since I have so many neighbors already.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rusticjess View Post
    Most of the etiquette has to do with gifting/tipping I think. I usually send appliance parts that are currently being demanded by most (like right now everyone sends requests for music parts) and if not, I send a cappuccino because that's the most desired food (or drink, actually) gift. Most neighbors like the idea of tipping and gifting everyone on their list daily, but as you level up you'll find that you may end up with hundreds of neighbors that makes it...a little tough to tip all of them every day. So, that's not so much of an issue if you have tons and tons of neighbors.

Also, if you tip a stranger, I've heard it's considered etiquette to post your storm8 id on their wall in case they want to add you. I don't do that much anymore since I have so many neighbors already.
    I don't think the last part is accurate. If you tip a non nbr there's nothing in the rule book that says you have to post your ID. ID never tip non nbrs if that was the case.

I am guilty.of brownie gifting.lol i didnt know im newer and am excited when i get any food gift.im not rich enough or on a high enough level to need materials yet ,and since i can only have 4 appliances it saves me money and time.i do spend alot of time tipping and filling requests and gifting,but now ill think twice.and i do post on walls plz add me then my id after i tip is that ok.i also do make comments if i like something about ur bakery.so complicated.im glad i came across this thread now maybe ill stop.getting bat air.freshner at my level 12 hah.

Farm Supplier
    Did someone really just send me santa mittens and ask for an oven part in the same breath : / I want to be one of the 'happy for whatever' types, but...? I'm left wondering if I've offended this person and they're hiding a gesture under that mitten...or can it be possible to be that clueless?

The argument that someone thought enough to send something so the recipient should be grateful doesn't work for me- it is, afterall, just as easy to send stew as brownies, just as easy to send relevant parts as useless ones. If someone could give you a useless dollar store item or a nice, say, electronic device you've been wanting- would you really think nothing of it if they chose the dollar store item, even though either gift was the exact same effort for them? ...

I don't delete for non-tipping so long as there is some effort- gifts or responses to requests. But if I get constant brownies even when I have repeatedly politely requested something else, I find myself not valuing that neighbor as much, even if there are daily tips.

...Really, Santa's mitten?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyumsnack View Post
    Did someone really just send me santa mittens and ask for an oven part in the same breath : / I want to be one of the 'happy for whatever' types, but...? I'm left wondering if I've offended this person and they're hiding a gesture under that mitten...or can it be possible to be that clueless?

The argument that someone thought enough to send something so the recipient should be grateful doesn't work for me- it is, afterall, just as easy to send stew as brownies, just as easy to send relevant parts as useless ones. If someone could give you a useless dollar store item or a nice, say, electronic device you've been wanting- would you really think nothing of it if they chose the dollar store item, even though either gift was the exact same effort for them? ...

I don't delete for non-tipping so long as there is some effort- gifts or responses to requests. But if I get constant brownies even when I have repeatedly politely requested something else, I find myself not valuing that neighbor as much, even if there are daily tips.

...Really, Santa's mitten?
    Really. Santa mittens. There are those out there who apparently think it is cute to send those as gifts. Lol. I send them back and just delete them.

Wow reading through this makes me sad. Some of you take this GAME way too seriously. If you get this upset about a game I can only imagine how you deal in the real world. I'm Logging off this forum it's bad for anyone's mental state.

New Resident
    add me please I need more nighborhood

Farm Supplier
    Just had a nbr that posted on my wall this morning with " I'm deleting nbrs that don't post on my wall" that's OK I'll save you the hassle and delete you myself. I work a 10 hr job and don't have time to post every single day.

Funny, but I prefer the heart shaped brownies as they are consumable and do not remain in the gifts cache, which does have a limit. Nothing worse than having a large quantity of outdated theme parts that cannot be deleted taking up valuable storage space. I accepted all gifts as a new player and have slowly been eliminating extra parts over time by building unneeded appliances. I always ask my neighbors to send me food items unless I request a part item.

The most valuable neighbor is one who plays daily, gifting and tipping consistently, and who posts briefly or otherwise on my wall.

Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast