Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by mojomoonjo View Post
    I probably fall into the semi-strict area when it comes to etiquette, but I had a horrible experience on BS today that I want to share.
    I had gone to tip in the community (non-neighbors) cuz i'm like that when I have time. I am a good neighbor to have. Well, visiting one person, I saw their friend complaining how none of her neighbors reciprocate, she spent 3 hours tipping and gifting and nothing etc..etc.. . I felt bad for her so I tipped her and posted . "I saw you complaining about bad neighbors. You need a friend like me. Quality always wins over quantity"

Well, she went ballistic and was mad that I read her wall conversation and was oddly stuck on the fact that she did not complain to her neighbors on their boards, how dare I.. blah blah blah..basically went on a tangent.

That was followed by her turning down a request from one person on my wall, that also decided to give her a chance at friendship, proceeded to her threatening this poor friend to the point of tears and basically stalking her and I and saying she is taking screenshots and going to report us. Anyhow..I havent checked my phone lately but it was so not worth trying to do a good deed. ugh! Anyhow..just to be safe, is there a place to report such behavior from a user? She clearly has issues and needs help or monitoring when on the computer. ;(

~*Jo*~
    If she posts inappropriate comments, you can send copies of the wall posts to support@teamlava.com
    If you know her storm ID, provide that, otherwise provide her game name and the storm ID of the wall she is posting on.
    I would also advise to stop all communications with this player.
    Sometimes they will stop if you ignore them.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi445 View Post
    Im glad i haven't encountered this problem lol. Though i had ONE neighbor that told me she would delete me if i didn't post on her wall so in return i deleted HER pronto!
    I never had any problems with demanding neighbors until a few weeks ago in RS. This person posted on my wall that they were deleting neighbors with fewer than 3 stars. I should have deleted them then but I forgot. I had had three stars when they added me, but that was a fluke; I typically have 2. Well, a few days later, they informed me that I had dropped down to two stars and asked if I was still playing. The new goal had come out the day before, and my restaurant had the new decor and appliances everywhere, and though I can't remember exactly, I'd probably also just requested appliance parts from them.

So I immediately deleted them, partly because our being neighbors wasn't going to work out if they only have 3+ star neighbors, but also, if they can't use their powers of observation to determine whether someone is still playing, I don't want to be neighbors with them anyway.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    I never had any problems with demanding neighbors until a few weeks ago in RS. This person posted on my wall that they were deleting neighbors with fewer than 3 stars. I should have deleted them then but I forgot. I had had three stars when they added me, but that was a fluke; I typically have 2. Well, a few days later, they informed me that I had dropped down to two stars and asked if I was still playing. The new goal had come out the day before, and my restaurant had the new decor and appliances everywhere, and though I can't remember exactly, I'd probably also just requested appliance parts from them.

So I immediately deleted them, partly because our being neighbors wasn't going to work out if they only have 3+ star neighbors, but also, if they can't use their powers of observation to determine whether someone is still playing, I don't want to be neighbors with them anyway.
    Been there. It's always funny to me when some one needs to confirm you are still playing when you have new goal items and send them gifts and requests. In my second account I have my ID posted on my wall with a note explaining that I don't have time to tip and I only gift parts. One person sent me an invite so they must have seen the message, and proceeded to visit me every day. "I tipped you, please tip me back," was the standard wall post. I politely explained that as it says on my wall, I just don't have time to tip every day. And it honestly isn't even about time, I just don't care about a measly 120 coins when I make a couple hundred thousand a day lol. I am also super lazy about deleting messages from my wall and the other day I was clearing the wall in my second account. I reached a message from my tipping neighbor from March that said "I would appreciate it if you would visit me." I laughed so hard- I didn't need to check to confirm we were no longer neighbors.

Fashion Designer
    Tip or not to tip? Gift or not to gift? Ratings? Post on wall or not post on wall?

Tipping:
    I try my best to tip everyone daily. I personally like the extra $
    because it takes so long to expand. And yes I know who does
    or doesn't.

Gifts:
    I have on my wall; One day parts, next day food! Fair to all!
    Why? Because I have neighbors that request one or the other.
    Only exception is during goals, then I will typically gift parts
    for four days.

Ratings:
    I keep everyone on until they drop to Zero, Nil, Zilch...etc.

Posting on walls:
    I don't because of the many TL games I play. It would be
    Redonkulous to post on 100's of walls. I usually leave a
    post explaining that very thing if neighbors persist I do
    post. If they keep complaining, poof they're gone.
    Last edited by LadyEna; 05-25-15 at 08:09 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    And it honestly isn't even about time, I just don't care about a measly 120 coins when I make a couple hundred thousand a day lol.
    Ha, I agree!

Executive Chef
    Some of these comments are funny, playing must be the new trend job!

So...

Tipping is overrated, although I'm 3 stars I think it's too much demanding from strict 3-4 ★ players. I see posts like that all the time where people threatening with deleting and such...
    They think all 0 ★ are bad which is untrue, I have them in my neighborhood. They respond to requests, prefer parts & a few of them like their Capps.

Of course if I see a 0★ or 4★ neighbor with spoiled food for weeks, it indicates to me inactivity even if they have 4★.

Would be nice to have a last login feature like: today, yesterday, 3 days, etc. NOT time stamped, it ain't FB or WA.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

New Resident
    Wooowww I dint know the game was this serious now I see why one of my nbrs deleted me so now I know to only send parts I guess Lola but I do tip as much as possible. Try to keep my star rating up

Executive Chef
    I usually tip from my wall first. Then if I have time I will tip players with a three and four star rating.then if I'm really bored I will tip the others. I gift whatever, some days parts, some days food. During goals I only gift goal parts. I don't have the time or energy to make list s of what gifts people want. If someone writes on my wall complaining about what I sent I would just delete them. I play to escape stress, not add to it.

Fashion Designer
    I have had a flood of community tippers recently in both RS and BS. One tiiped and just left a post "add me" on my wall. Tipped her back, looked for her id and didn't see it, but saw several other posters asking for her id. I just stated that I didn't see her ID to add and kept going. A few mins later she had posted on my wall for me to give her my id on her wall. Nuh uh...I always figured if you are the one asking to be added, it was up to you to give up your id. I probably wouldn't have minded a few months ago, but now i don't want my ID hanging on someone's wall so I can get 5000 random invites.
    Another one I went to tip, a lvl 17 player, had posted on her wall..."add me only if you have a nice bakery". What???

Executive Chef
    hee! I love this thread. I wonder when someone adds "nice bakery" girl if she immediately deletes and leaves comments like "I said add me if you had a NICE bakery."

actually, she kind of reminds me of those people who run in-game "best bakery" contests. like, who are you to judge me? or anyone else, for that matter? you really think you're that great?