Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I was thinking about this thread because I went to write on someone's wall and saw a post by someone else who was VERY upset that the neighbor I guess sent an invite "without asking first" and how could you do that? SO RUDE? I was a bit taken aback, I have gotten almost all my neighbors because either I sent them an invite or they sent me one. Sometimes I will check my wall and see a request and sometimes I put a request on someone else's wall but usually you will see a post on someone's wall with their ID if you want to add them, or you can just guess (mine is Mostreal, along with my bakery name and name here and all the same in Dragon Story so I'm easy to figure out).
    There is nothing wrong with sending an invite, but if they do not know who you are, you might want to say Hello on the wall first. See if they are adding people.

We need neighbors who fit our play style. Some people do not tip or read walls (even their own) and just want neighbors to send goal parts and answer requests. Then other people spend half their day reading all their neighbors(s) walls and sending each neighbor exactly the gift that person has requested on their wall, writing messages back and forth.

There is nothing wrong with any of it. But if ypu jeed tips and wall readers, you don?t want someone who does none of it.

At rhe very least, tip the person so that they can see your bakery.

The game lets you invite people, so that is fine. Invite away. You will probably get more neighbors (and ones better suited to you) if you check them out first.
    Last edited by kayjco2; 09-08-20 at 07:46 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I was thinking about this thread because I went to write on someone's wall and saw a post by someone else who was VERY upset that the neighbor I guess sent an invite "without asking first" and how could you do that? SO RUDE? I was a bit taken aback, I have gotten almost all my neighbors because either I sent them an invite or they sent me one. Sometimes I will check my wall and see a request and sometimes I put a request on someone else's wall but usually you will see a post on someone's wall with their ID if you want to add them, or you can just guess (mine is Mostreal, along with my bakery name and name here and all the same in Dragon Story so I'm easy to figure out).
    I actually think the opposite, aside from the rude remark made by the other player - which was uncalled for depending on what was said.

Anyway, why I disagree is because I think even though it's not rude, it's bad to randomly invite people without letting them know

How;
    You got the ID / how you know the ID.

Adding them without asking, or without you asking for them to add you.

---

A few weeks ago, I got added from someone random twice (possibly by forum, I don't know) once was a month and a half ago, and the other invite was made again just less than 3-4 weeks ago.

I asked how they got my ID, because they posted on my wall "tips" or something, they tipped me back but never told me (after I had asked) how they knew or got my ID.

I in a way, told them not to add me again. Saying I didn't know how they got it, plus that I'm currently not actively playing, and like I said, to basically stop inviting me. Because I didn't have my ID posted, I haven't played bakery for months, haven't actively posted in the forums and stuff like that. That's why I had a decoy account on the forums for the longest time and may actually go back to doing that in the future.

I think it's quite strange to randomly invite someone and not expect a comment back, especially if they never gave out the ID, or is asking for players to add by forum or wall, or etc. I don't personally say anything, I only did that one time - which will probably be a one time thing.

But that doesn't mean that the comment should be rude at all. I will just decline it going forward if I'm not accepting neighbours.

Though If the comment said "without asking first" after said random invite was made, then to me it's actually not rude. I've seen worse and ruder comments - I know people have there own definitions of rude, but I think that's actually a decent response for someone who got a random invite from someone they don't know/didn't ask to be added by.

If you're inviting someone randomly, tell them how you know the ID, and go from there, or if they ask you how you know it, don't ignore them. If you don't want possible rude sounding comments, you should probably not invite said random player in the first place, because you don't know if they're nice or will be nice about it at all.
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Executive Chef
    A question to those who may see this and will hopefully answer to it.

What do you gift in the last like 3 days of a goal, do you continue to gift goal tools or do you gift older, other gift tools?

I'm wondering what I should do in like the last few days of a main goal. Do I just continue to gift the goal tools or start gifting non related goal tools?

I notice some still requesting goal tools even like the last day of said goal, but some already look like they have 3 stoves built. So it could be that they're just building extra stoves/ovens. I also notice that a fair amount of players requesting different and other tools within like the last 3-4 days of a goal. I am stuck, as I don't individually gift players and haven't in years. Which may help me know who needs what, but I also don't really have the time and have said I don't individually gift anyway in my adding info on the add/neighbour forum. I only mass gift the same gift to everyone.

So do I just go the more safer way of continuing to send goal tools, or the older goal tool, which is massive and has a wide range?

Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post

What do you gift in the last like 3 days of a goal, do you continue to gift goal tools or do you gift older, other gift tools?

I'm wondering what I should do in like the last few days of a main goal. Do I just continue to gift the goal tools or start gifting non related goal tools?

I notice some still requesting goal tools even like the last day of said goal, but some already look like they have 3 stoves built. So it could be that they're just building extra stoves/ovens. I also notice that a fair amount of players requesting different and other tools within like the last 3-4 days of a goal. I am stuck, as I don't individually gift players and haven't in years. Which may help me know who needs what, but I also don't really have the time and have said I don't individually gift anyway in my adding info on the add/neighbour forum. I only mass gift the same gift to everyone.

So do I just go the more safer way of continuing to send goal tools, or the older goal tool, which is massive and has a wide range?
    Personally I gift goal parts during the entire 15 days because we need A LOT of new parts to build the new ovens, especially the 2nd oven! Plus at the end of the goal some neighbour says ?no more goal parts, basic parts pls? but I don?t have time for individual gifts(!) but thankfully there is a ?decline? button, so they can easily decline the gift if it?s unwanted.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post

I stop sending gift last 2 days of a goal, but continue to send to those neighbour that need to built more than 6 stoves ..l used to give basic parts during last few days of a goals for the past few years but now l don't, l am tired to scroll until the end to search the parts and sometimes l can't find the parts and have to search from the beginning again 😣

Bakery Story

Quote Originally Posted by Alex41115 View Post
    disagree completely irrelevant IMO
    I also disagree when you have 500 ppl there is no way to know what everyone wants you can't sit and type a list of what everyone wants. Although I do note that people want cappucino so every other day I send cappucino and the next most common materials requested. I try ! Not everyone is going to agree no matter what. But not ok with being blocked without reasons!!

Farm Supplier
    Basic good neighbor etiquette (probably never gonna see this but whatever)

:If someone wants food specifically gift cappuccino
    on't make a big fuss if someone deleted you, it was probably for the best
    :Try to make a list of who wants what
    :Get rid of neighbours who are long inactive 0 star that haven't informed you of inactiveness
    :If you are a beginner, don't expect a lvl 99 to accept your id/requested
    :If someone declined your invite request, don't even think about sending another one, you will look like a fool
    on't ask people why they didn't friend you
    :Ideally post when tipping someone
    on't delete people IF they t&g every day
    :Be kind, ofc
    :If you make jokes, make sure they are not unkind/discriminatory
    on't friend people that go to your bakery and are like "add me bwerblah", but accept people who have better manners
    on't be too demanding, this will only lead to a loss of neighbours
    :If someone has accidentally/occasionally gifted you the wrong gift, be patient just leave a calm-sounding note

And I think that's pretty much all!

Executive Chef
    Question for both Android and IOS users, do you decline unwanted gifts?
    If so, do you still get all your 20?

I myself decline gifts every day I don't need, still get the full 20 though. I'm on Android.

Some of my neighbor's don't decline though because it's not replaced by another. So wondering how it is for everyone.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post

I myself decline gifts every day I don't need, still get the full 20 though. I'm on Android.

Some of my neighbor's don't decline though because it's not replaced by another. So wondering how it is for everyone.
    I'm on iOS and do have trouble getting replacement gifts. Sometimes I will have another slot open, sometimes I won't, but more often, I won't. Due to that, I always post my preference on my wall and neighbors walls in hopes I wont have to be put in a position to decline. On occasion, accidents happen and I just hope for the best in getting a new spot to open if I decline.
    Please do not send invites. I play actively on a bakery that is not associated with this ID.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post

This is something that seems to be different for everyone and I've never been able to figure out why or what factors can impact it. I've played on both formats but have been lucky and always gotten my 20 gifts regardless of turning items down.