Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Fashion Designer
    I have a neighbor who tips me and always leaves her id on my wall. I believe she is trafficking for my neighbors and others that visit me. I have silently deleted her msgs for a week, thinking she didn't realize we were already/still neighbors, but now I feel a bit insulted that this is how she treats our neighborship. Would you confront, delete, or keep?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    I have a neighbor who tips me and always leaves her id on my wall. I believe she is trafficking for my neighbors and others that visit me. I have silently deleted her msgs for a week, thinking she didn't realize we were already/still neighbors, but now I feel a bit insulted that this is how she treats our neighborship. Would you confront, delete, or keep?
    Hmmmm.......
    Tough decision
    Is she new to bakery story
    If so then I just think
    She wants neighbors
    Only people who visit your wall will
    See it
    Don't bother to delete it
    Ignore it
    If you just feel uncomfortable being her
    neighbor just delete her

Farm Supplier
    One of my neighbors does this, it's because, she doesn't want to have two different tip messages, like one for neighbors, and one for community.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by happyheartfla View Post
    I've been playing for a few weeks now, and have reached level 12. I didn't realize that there was an etiquette! I started looking for neighbors in order to complete one of the goals.
    1. Do tips cost the giver coins?
    2. Likewise what are the gifts all about and how are they paid for?
    3. How do you know what to gift someone?
    4. My food items seem to disappear pretty fast, so I figured food was a good gift. What is meant about food being stored, making it undesirable for a gift?
    5. How should a player find new neighbors?
    6. When I get neighbors, what is the correct protocol for playing the game?
    7. I've seen comments about blocking the doors. What is meant by this, and what happens to your food items?

I'm sure there are more questions, but I'll start with these. Thanks in advance.
    1. No
    2. Theyre completely free to send your nbr's
    3. Ask them what they want.
    4. Foods good, but only cappucino.
    5. Just go around and tip.
    6. Tip them as much as possible and gift often
    7. Nothing, the food sits there

Fashion Designer
    A note about Blocking Doors:
    The game was not designed to have a blocked door, so issues may arise. Your food is not guaranteed to quick sell or be prevented from selling when your door is blocked. Please do not block your door to avoid any future issues. Thanks!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the note!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    Gifting food is essentially gifting coins.

If you gift cappuccino, you're gifting 500 coins quickly. Top of the food gifts.

If you gift brownies, you're gifting 200 coins slowly. Bottom of the food gifts.

The sad part - Many (SOOO MANY!) players absolutely refuse to believe that 50 servings of a plain dish could possibly be better than 200 servings of a pretty dish. I imagine they all pretty much end up neighbors with each other for a while, sending brownies back and forth, until they catch on.
    I had one new player as a neighbour who constantly gave me brownies. So i hinted to her that cappuccino is actually the best food gift to give & receive as it made the most coins quickly. She didn't believe me apparently as she kept giving me brownies. So i kept giving her brownies and accepting her brownies until I had about 5,000 brownies. Lol. Then I quietly deleted her and put out the brownies 5000 brownies still equal coins

I'm sure she do realized that you're her neighbor already. Just that she's trying to get more new neighbor by posting ID on her neighbor's walls. It happened to me once before and I mentioned to that neighbor of mine previously that we are neighbor already if she didn't realize that. She told me that she knew. But she's just trying to get more new neighbor by posting her ID on all her neighbor's wall. I think that's quite rude, so I deleted her post and removed her from my list after awhile.

If you're feeling insulted or uncomfortable being her neighbor, you can just remove her. Problem solved! XD

Quote Originally Posted by xoxjenn View Post
    I don't care what my neighbors send me as gifts. I don't care if they don't send me gifts. The only two types of people I delete off my neighbors are the people who comment "READ MY WALL! I ONLY WANT SCREWS!" Sorry, I have 70+ neighbors & a life outside of Bakery Story, I don't have time to go view EVERY neighbors wall & send each gift individually. That could take hours! The other person I delete are people who have zero stars. No, I don't care if you tip me or not. I just delete those people because I am not sure if they are inactive players or not. & if you don't take the time to tip people up to one star, then I am not going to take my time to tip you.
    This is me. I ask ppl to post on my wall if they want a specific gift that way I get the notification, otherwise you get food for gifts. I dont have time to check everyones wall or remember what each person needs. I give it a few weeks, but if someone is at 0 stars I remove them. Only because im assuming you are probably not playing anymore.

I posted on my wall that I would be taking a day or 2 off because of a death in the family. Yet, there's still some jerk on my friends list posting FULL. Deleted immediately.

There's always going to be someone rude and I don't put up with it. I don't put up with the fool who requests parts and sends brownies at a level over 50. And I really don't put up with the fool who finds me from the thread stating that I ONLY GIFT PARTS and then sends me brownies.

This thread is fun for venting.