Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

I'm not that new to this game, level 33 and been playing since last October (OK, that is quite a while)
    Generally I try to visit all my neighbors once a week and leave tips though I don't necessarily leave messages (sorry if that's against an etiquette) In terms of gifting I accept all gifts I receive and accept all my neighbors' requests.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    PS: Dont send an invite. Sourlicorice5 is not my ID for my main games and you'll end up having my old place stuck in your pending invite list.
    Ha ha ha! I sent an invite many moons ago & discovered this to be a fact! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I'm hoping they can email her directly and get back to me if they hear anything. Hoping, not expecting. *sigh* I know there's no protocol in place for something like that, but I wish there were.
    Hmmm...well...we'll see I suppose. I can't even remember if I used an email address to sign up...did we?

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Hmmm...well...we'll see I suppose. I can't even remember if I used an email address to sign up...did we?
    No, but they might have her IP address, and those are usually tied to one. I'm hoping I'll reach someone who cares enough to go above and beyond... but again, I don't hold out much hope. It is TL support, after all. *sigh* It was all I could think of to do though. I've asked her other neighbors on her wall, and no one knows her in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver118 View Post
    I'm not that new to this game, level 33 and been playing since last October (OK, that is quite a while)
    Generally I try to visit all my neighbors once a week and leave tips though I don't necessarily leave messages (sorry if that's against an etiquette) In terms of gifting I accept all gifts I receive and accept all my neighbors' requests.
    Some people want messages because their newsfeed moves too fast, others don't like messages because it buries their own posts on their walls, that just depends on the neighbor.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    You are much nicer than I am lol. I would have sent her bat air freshened then deleted her lol. I have told my nbrs to gift me what they want me to gift them or post on my wall their request. If neither then I mass gift the rest a usable part of my choosing. It works well for me. I don't care what I get as I play to relax and still manage to get the parts I need for new appliances etc anyways.

PS: Dont send an invite. Sourlicorice5 is not my ID for my main games and you'll end up having my old place stuck in your pending invite list.
    Lol, I would have done the same for some neighbors, but she's the kind of neighbor who would make a big fuss about it. And I play the game for relaxation too, not for "drama". I don't understand people who waste the time trying to make a baking game so complicated.

And on your P.S., two things: For one, I think I sent you an invite a while back and you're a loyal member of my pending list. Congrats. Also, I would advise anyone reading this not to invite me either, as I haven't played on this ID since March.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by slam308 View Post
    One thing I've found makes happy neighbors:
    Say Cupcake sends me a request for a blue knob, I visit Cupcake and gift a blue knob. Then I go back and accept the request. That way your neighbor gets two of the requested item.
    If you accept the request first, you can not go back and gift the neighbor until the next day.
    Makes a big difference when trying to build an appliance.
    Thumbs up for that one! Didn't know that before, now I can help my good neighbors to speed up things.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonFaery View Post
    Thumbs up for that one! Didn't know that before, now I can help my good neighbors to speed up things.
    I used to do it that way to be on the safe side after reading that very same post, but it's not necessary to take those extra steps, because I tried it and found out that you CAN still gift someone after accepting their request, and they'll get both parts. You can accept 20 gifts per day and get 20 parts from requests too.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    I used to do it that way to be on the safe side after reading that very same post, but it's not necessary to take those extra steps, because I tried it and found out that you CAN still gift someone after accepting their request, and they'll get both parts. You can accept 20 gifts per day and get 20 parts from requests too.
    Oh, ok. This will save time and neighbors will still be happy Thanks for advising me of that!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonFaery View Post
    Oh, ok. This will save time and neighbors will still be happy Thanks for advising me of that!
    No problem!

This is how I play Bakery Story: I do not visit nor tip daily, just don't have the time. I do however try to login and accept part requests daily. IF I have time I look at individuals parts requests and gift the same to that individual. If I dont have time for that I accept requests and mass gift to all a food item. I also send part requests and hope nbrs accept. I appreciate nbrs who gift the parts I need but I never complain about what gifts I receive :-) I am happy for any gift :-) I tip on weekends when I have time but I rarely leave a msg and almost never read my wall. If this sounds ok by you, please add me. :-) MellowFarmer

Rhino Keeper

Wink How about a set of guidelines.....

I've been playing for a few weeks now, and have reached level 12. I didn't realize that there was an etiquette! I started looking for neighbors in order to complete one of the goals.
    1. Do tips cost the giver coins?
    2. Likewise what are the gifts all about and how are they paid for?
    3. How do you know what to gift someone?
    4. My food items seem to disappear pretty fast, so I figured food was a good gift. What is meant about food being stored, making it undesirable for a gift?
    5. How should a player find new neighbors?
    6. When I get neighbors, what is the correct protocol for playing the game?
    7. I've seen comments about blocking the doors. What is meant by this, and what happens to your food items?

I'm sure there are more questions, but I'll start with these. Thanks in advance.