Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Farm Supplier
    I guess they just want someone with a nice looking bakery. It can be a bit harsh, but it is fair. Maybe they want some ideas or eye candy when they are tipping their neighbors?

Lol, I think a few of my neighbors actually wrote on their wall that they don't want food gifting neighbors as well.
    If it really bothers you, I would just ignore those people, I'm sure there are a lot of better neighbors out there.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ecool54 View Post
    When I was looking at the Add Me page I saw someone wanting someone with a "cohesive bakery" as well as other requirements. What is a cohesive bakery anyway??
    I'd add that player and then make my bakery as mismatched as possible. Just for the heck of it. Hahahaha!! What on earth is a cohesive bakery anyway?

Best thing to do is find a bunch of neighbours who play the way you do. If you love brownies (not sure why you would though!) or cap or parts or whatever then find some folk who love brownies (or parts or cap or whatever) too and all of you will be happy in your nice little neighbourhood.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 04-07-14 at 05:42 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Lol I know what you mean. I have had neighbors delete me for missing one of my daily tips, tipping after they were "offline", and accidentally sending one of them cappuccino instead of parts. Oh, also when I broke my fingers and was tipping without posting. I was deleted because I didn't leave messages saying I had visited lol.

I have over 400 neighbors, so I really don't care if you tip daily, once a week, not at all, etc. I pretty much accept anyone and my only criteria is that they be active players and answer parts requests. I tip daily to those who tip me daily, and gift whoever gifts me and/or leaves a request on my wall.

I play this game to relax, not to tiptoe on eggshells for STRANGERS lol.

Feel free to add me if you're looking for a good neighbor.

I haven't came across players as extreme as you guys did, but I do have some neighbors who will get a little impatient if I sent them the wrong stuff o_O

I agree that neighbor requirements are getting to be a bit too much. One of the most common requirements is that you must have a 3-4 star rating. But some people gift and answer requests daily and they have one or no stars. My only requirements are that you must answer requests daily and that you tip back. Gifting daily and tipping first are not requirements but would be nice. Oh and if you need a neighbor feel free to add me
    The original copycats.

Contact me via PM

Please add me on bakery story, restaurant story, farm story, fashion story, pet shop story, and zoo story 2. My ID is copycats

Ketchup chips are delicious

Nightclub Owner
    Then there are those who have the strict requirement that you MUST tip them first and leave a note and then and only then will their royal highnesses tip you back and send you a gift or answer requests. And if this isn't done then you get no gift, your requests are declined and you might get deleted. Lol. Who are these kings and queens sitting on their high horses?

Yeah, but thankfully you find all sorts. I still have most of the neighbours I started off with. They seem pretty down to earth and have absolutely no requirements. The ones with the requirements either deleted me or I deleted them for being too pushy and posting on my wall threats (as if I care, lol). I have only one neighbour with strict requirements who I really get along with (yes, you babe . In general I don't have time to tip or tip back any more, I always answer requests and mass gift parts (either goal relevant or basic). I decline food gifts but have not gone to the trouble of informing my neighbours who send these that I don't want them, as I have plenty other neighbours who send parts. Really, if you are not still in the beginning of the game, I think it is time to give up the obsession with tipping. I have also deleted neighbours who are obviously not playing any more. But that's it

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Then there are those who have the strict requirement that you MUST tip them first and leave a note and then and only then will their royal highnesses tip you back and send you a gift or answer requests. And if this isn't done then you get no gift, your requests are declined and you might get deleted. Lol. Who are these kings and queens sitting on their high horses?
    I am so glad I don't have those kind of nbrs. I'm lucky that all my nbrs are fairly relaxed like me. I don't mind if nbrs only gift (don't care what I'm gifted as I can decline what I don't want) and my nbrs don't mind that I mass gift basic parts to those who want parts and Capp to those who want cap. I stopped trying to gift specific requests as it got too time consuming but compromised with how I gift now so they are still getting something they like and it isn't time consuming for me at the same time. I do accept all requests I receive daily. I don't pay attention to who accepts mine or how many requests get accepted during the day. I send them out and most often get them accepted fairly quickly so it works for me.
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

New Resident
    I'm a longtime player, having brought four bakeries to level 99. Yes, four.....and not at the same time. Only one is now active - I'm too busy. I Have not posted here before but thought I'd share my philosophy of play.

ID posting: I post on my wall with my "requirements". If I'm taking neighbors. If not, I sometimes post that, especially of I'm getting a lot of people leaving their IDs.

Usually I want nbrs to be 3/4 & active and a certain level to send me a neighbor request. If they disregard the requirement, I usually decline. The reason I post a minimum level for nbrs is that the style of play and speed with which you play the goals is different at higher levels. It also makes gifting easier. Example: When there are goals, I can mass gift my high level neighbors parts for the NEXT oven before they have it. That's what I want and usually what they want. Can't do this with the little guys because the parts they need lag behind. Or they need food. I can't keep track of who needs what.

Also, if you're larger I'm more likely to find empty tables when I visit. I will be neighbors with smaller shops for existing neighbors who have had to start over, or who started a new shop and I know their style of play, & reputation. But that's not very often I usually have around 100-120 neighbors. Can't handle more than that.

If I find myself tipping back and forth daily for weeks with a non neighbor who is clearly active and nice, I'll leave my ID.

Gifting: I used to try to keep track of what people "prefer". This is too time consuming. I don't demand a certain gift nor do I have neighbors who do. I have over 100 neighbors and can only receive 20 gifts a day. That's a lot of declines. If I don't need a part, I decline it. If I'm not taking food that day, I decline it. I can pick and choose what I need If I need something I send a request or a little note on my neighbors walls for the next day. I try not to make myself odious to my neighbors. Nice begets nice. A gift is a gift.

If someone sends me a request, I gift them what they requested so they get two. Then I mass gift the rest of my neighbors either goal parts during a goal or commonly used parts at other times. I rarely gift cappuccino I never gift the other foods. This is because I have plenty of food and can make brownies in 1 minute if I need to consolidate food on a counter. Sometimes I wait to gift on Wednesdays until we know what goal parts are needed.

I always accept every gift request. Even for less active nbrs. People have lives. It takes one second. It's not a punishment tool for non tipping.

I tip from my wall, then from my list when I have time, usually on the bus ride home from work. Some days I make it around to everyone. Some days I just can't tip at all, and I usually post on my wall when that's the case. I always post on my neighbors walls unless they appear to be away for a few days or inactive. I have a few neighbors who I know are daily tippers but who don't ever post. Fine. I take that as license to not always post on their walls. But I try to.

Deletion/ratings: I do have some 0 level nbrs. These are people who gift me daily, play the goals, and are clearly active. Fine. I gift them but don't usually tip them. It saves me time. I tip them if they post on my wall. When someone goes inactive, I give them some time. If they've put up some kind of notice about being sick or not being able to play, I keep them. If they're clearly not active after a month or so, I'll delete with a note on their wall. I've had this happen to me on the shops that I closed. People have lives!

As always, politeness is key. Don't ever spam anyone or get into arguments on walls. What's the point? As a result of all this, I have a lot of really fab, nice neighbors who pretty much have the same playing style as me. Makes the game fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldashepard View Post
    Lol I know what you mean. I have had neighbors delete me for missing one of my daily tips, tipping after they were "offline", and accidentally sending one of them cappuccino instead of parts. Oh, also when I broke my fingers and was tipping without posting. I was deleted because I didn't leave messages saying I had visited lol.

I have over 400 neighbors, so I really don't care if you tip daily, once a week, not at all, etc. I pretty much accept anyone and my only criteria is that they be active players and answer parts requests. I tip daily to those who tip me daily, and gift whoever gifts me and/or leaves a request on my wall.

I play this game to relax, not to tiptoe on eggshells for STRANGERS lol.

Feel free to add me if you're looking for a good neighbor.
    Thank goodness 99% of my neighbors are laid back!. It's like we all have a mutual understanding that all of us have busy lives outside of the game. I will get back to the tipping when i can and it's usually done in the evenings when i watch TV and i try to gift in the morning when time allows. If not i will get to it as soon as i am available to do so as far as writing on walls, my neighbors all seem to understand that sometimes writing on walls are impossible!.. I probably had a couple neighbors that have deleted me if i were to tip late or if i sent them basic parts as gifts instead of food. But majority of my neighbors are pretty laid back. If i had neighbors like half of the people on here i think i would have quit the game a long time ago!