Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

New Resident
    That?s how i play too. I build 3 appliances for 1st part of goal which usually takes 2-3 days to complete. By the 3rd or 4th day, i start gifting parts for 2nd goal & hope nbrs reciprocate.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Question for my fellow mass-gifters: when do you switch from 1st appliance parts to 2nd appliance parts? I mean, some players might have 3 ovens built after 2 days and want 2nd oven parts on day 3, but I still get so many requests for 1st oven parts after that. (Either to build more than 3 or because they're slow--no judgment, I'm pretty slow myself.) Is day 4 the magic number? Should I wait to send 2nd oven parts until day 5 and just let the fast builders eliminate me?
    For Day 4, I'll leave it open - those who gifted 2nd appliance parts get them back and then I'll mass gift the rest of neighbours 1st appliance parts. From Day 5 onwards, I start to gift 2nd appliance parts.

Saying this, I am reconsidering my mass gift strategy because I don't get 20 gifts from my neighbours per game day. Tis sad I know. Mass gifting might not be a good idea after all if neighbours do not gift back lol.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-18-19 at 12:41 AM.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by jo_fitz View Post
    I deleted 7 people for gifting food during the event. The players were all over level 75 and know better. I don?t keep neighbors who don?t gift goal parts.
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves! Experienced goal players who mass gift food! That, and players who gift food but have specific part requests on their wall, then they leave a post on my wall requesting the part again, ignoring the clear messages on my wall! For these, I post on their wall once, and if they repeat the same behaviour the next day, then it?s bye bye!

Oh! And the players that continue to gift goal machine 1 parts past the halfway mark of the event, even though they themselves are on machine 2! Not sure what goes through their minds
    Last edited by wtfitbs2; 06-18-19 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by wtfitbs2 View Post
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves! Experienced goal players who mass gift food! That, and players who gift food but have specific part requests on their wall, then they leave a post on my wall requesting the part again, ignoring the clear messages on my wall! For these, I post on their wall once, and if they repeat the same behaviour the next day, then it?s bye bye!

Oh! And the players that continue to gift goal machine 1 parts even though they themselves are on machine 2! Not sure what goes through their minds 
    So do you gift the parts for whatever appliance you’re currently on? I’m curious because I think about this myself especially on BS because a lot of times I have all 5 of my appliances built in the first day if not the second and I’ll continue to gift the first appliances parts even when I’m starting the second one because I think to myself well what if my neighbors are still trying to get their first appliances built.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    So do you gift the parts for whatever appliance you?re currently on? I?m curious because I think about this myself especially on BS because a lot of times I have all 5 of my appliances built in the first day if not the second and I?ll continue to gift the first appliances parts even when I?m starting the second one because I think to myself well what if my neighbors are still trying to get their first appliances built.
    Actually, I gift whatever item my neighbours need individually. Reset is early evening for me, and that?s when I tip and gift (the majority of the time). While I?m scanning for free tables for tips, I?ll also keep an eye out for any build boxes, if there aren?t any, I will do a quick scroll of the players wall then gift accordingly. If I don?t see anything, but they are doing the goal, then I?ll gift according to where they?re at, otherwise I move on, then after I?ve tipped everyone, I go back and do a mass cappuccino gift.

I do try and keep my neighbours number to a manageable amount though. At the moment I have a good number of non goal players who will dbl gift me whatever I need, they?re quite handy.

I think if you do mass gift goal parts, then (as someone else mentioned) a good guide is the gift requests you receive. When they start being for more second appliance parts, then that?s when you should start mass gifting them, maybe alternating daily which part you send?

Day 7 should be the absolute latest that anyone should be mass gifting the first appliance parts (what I meant to say in my original post). If someone still needs them after that, they should have a look at the quality of their neighbours list.
    Last edited by wtfitbs2; 06-18-19 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
    ___ Restaurant Story ID: wtfitbs | Bakery Story ID: wtfitbs2 ___

4* Goal player | (silent) tips daily | Individual gifts | Requests filled quickly
    NO mass gifting neighbours needed (food or otherwise) | Read my wall for more details

Fashion Designer
    I have a question about gifting basic parts. I've been gifting Oven Elements when there's no goal going. I see many people requesting for basic parts. I've been on and off of this game for couple years so I'd like to know what are the basic parts? Which one you usually gift/mass gift and which one people would love to collect/receive? I'm a mass gifters and I mass gift on reset, also I don't take request. As for there's no way to know if my gifts been rejected or accepted, I'd love to give something that most people want ^^ thank you!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    I have a question about gifting basic parts. I've been gifting Oven Elements when there's no goal going. I see many people requesting for basic parts. I've been on and off of this game for couple years so I'd like to know what are the basic parts? Which one you usually gift/mass gift and which one people would love to collect/receive? I'm a mass gifters and I mass gift on reset, also I don't take request. As for there's no way to know if my gifts been rejected or accepted, I'd love to give something that most people want ^^ thank you!
    I recommend looking through the Parts Thread here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...TORY-Parts-ABC

It lists all the parts (from before the new goal system) and shows which appliances use them. It's a great tool to tell which parts are used in only one appliance and which are used in many. I, personally, classify 'Basic Parts' as those that are used in multiple appliances that are not dependent on goals to unlock.

I hope y'all don't mind if I vent a little. My biggest problem is when a neighbor is so rude about the gifting. I had someone bless me out because I sent them a goal part and they said I should have read their wall to see that they weren't doing the goal. If you write on my wall, I will try to remember to send your request, but I don't have time to read 100+ neighbor walls. I've played for over 5 years, level 99, 3 to 4 star player. When I explained that other neighbors kindly write their requests on my wall, their reply was "part of the game is reading your neighbor's walls and you shouldn't be playing if you aren't going to". There was more said but I won't go into that. They are a level 57 player. Geez. I have a job and kids and it is just a game. Why do some people have to ruin it? 😢 Thanks for letting me vent. I've never had someone be so rude and not even allow for adult discussion about it. It could have easily been worked out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Question for my fellow mass-gifters: when do you switch from 1st appliance parts to 2nd appliance parts? I mean, some players might have 3 ovens built after 2 days and want 2nd oven parts on day 3, but I still get so many requests for 1st oven parts after that. (Either to build more than 3 or because they're slow--no judgment, I'm pretty slow myself.) Is day 4 the magic number? Should I wait to send 2nd oven parts until day 5 and just let the fast builders eliminate me?
    This is an interesting question. My short answer to this would be Day 3 or 4; reason being I have more active neighbours here.

The long answer.. I have a lot more active neighbours on BS than the other similar game (not allowed to mention the name, but I think everyone knows which one I'm talking about) and it seems to be that way in a general consensus, so progress in BS is usually faster. I, too, can't keep track of who is actively responding to gifting back to me. I just try to pick up the names of the same bakeries who gifts and sends me requests everyday but even that's a challenge. Sorry, memory of a goldfish here. It's just so much easier to just tap tap tap accept accept accept lol (Adding a side note here: gift reset is usually 3 pm for me but I work so I can only gift at 5 pm onwards. Goals also usually start at some weird timing like 2 am or something)

I will start gifting parts for appliance #2 when the timer says around 12-11 days to go. I think it's a pretty reasonable time frame (and at the same time being considerate) for those who are only building 3, have a handful of active neighbours and not bull dozing through the goals. I am able to build 3 within 2-3 days of the goal starting if I remembered not to gift the day before (or if I'm not busy with life and missed the "golden hour" to gift).

This is where it can get a lil confusing, but it works for me lol. As I usually buy 5 appliances, I will continue to mass gift appliance #2 parts and request for parts for appliance #1 (10 nbrs for part #1; 10 nbrs for part #2). This way I can slowly build extras of appliance #1 and collect parts for appliance #2. The moment I unlock appliance #2, I will gift and request parts for appliance #2 even when I still have unbuilt appliance #1. Once all that is done, then I will request parts for appliance #1. Sometimes I finish building appliance #1 first because they require less parts and the cooking times are shorter and collectibles drop more. Anyway I will still mass gift appliance #2 parts until the end of the goal to finish building 5 of them too.

I stop gifting on the last day if the next day is a Thursday (S8 time, but it's actually Friday for me) in case of a new goal starting.

I can always finish BS goals with a couple of days to go, but this is only applicable when I am not on vacation. How sad that we should have a life while doing goals.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sctigersfan1 View Post
    I hope y'all don't mind if I vent a little. My biggest problem is when a neighbor is so rude about the gifting. I had someone bless me out because I sent them a goal part and they said I should have read their wall to see that they weren't doing the goal. If you write on my wall, I will try to remember to send your request, but I don't have time to read 100+ neighbor walls. I've played for over 5 years, level 99, 3 to 4 star player. When I explained that other neighbors kindly write their requests on my wall, their reply was "part of the game is reading your neighbor's walls and you shouldn't be playing if you aren't going to". There was more said but I won't go into that. They are a level 57 player. Geez. I have a job and kids and it is just a game. Why do some people have to ruin it? 😢 Thanks for letting me vent. I've never had someone be so rude and not even allow for adult discussion about it. It could have easily been worked out.
    The gall! Ain?t nobody got time for that!! I hope you deleted them as a neighbor.