Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't tell me how to play!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxieland View Post
    One way to find a neighbor similar to yourself, or the way you like to play, is to check their wall (and number of stars) before adding. It took me a long time (and some deleting) but I have a very nice group of neighbors that play similar to me, and are polite and even thank you at times.
    Well, that's mostly just going to tell you how often they tip/water in general, but it doesn't tell you how often they play, how quickly they respond to requests (or if they even do!), if they send a gift daily, what kind of gift they send, how picky they are about how others play (like if they want you to post to their wall when they water or want you to check their wall before gifting each day to see what they want), etc.

For that matter, it won't even tell you whether they'll ever tip/water you, or how often. For example, I'm always at 3-4 stars, but I don't water all 53 of my neighbors on FS daily. I only water the ones with 3-4 stars themselves. Others may only water their favorites or may take turns watering a few a day, etc.

Personally, I don't care if anyone ever tips/waters me on any of my games. Sure, it's nice, but it doesn't bother me if they don't. I may at some point stop tipping/watering daily, though I'm not there yet (I have a job right now with a decent amount of downtime). It takes a lot of time for very little reward. So I guess someday I'd like neighbors that don't expect tips/water, like me.

But I care if someone gives a gift daily (it takes very little time to gift all neighbors at once), and I really care if someone responds to requests for parts (which only requires tapping "accept"...no effort at all). I don't want neighbors that don't do these two important tasks.

And someday I'd like to have only neighbors that give gifts that I like (no welcome mats!), and that play several times a day (so that part requests are answered quickly). I don't care for neighbors that ask me to post to their wall when I water (and I ignore that request). If someone posts a gift request to my wall, I'll try to honor it the next time I gift, but I don't want to be blamed if it slips my mind. Yeah, maybe someday.

In the meantime, I try to get neighbors like me by posting how I play on my wall. They can hardly blame me if they added me as a neighbor and they don't like that I don't water much or don't give what they like, since I now have that information right on my wall.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by bufffarm View Post
    I request that my nbrs leave a message, even a simple w for wtrd, because the news only holds 10 names & I don't always catch who wtrs before they're bumped off. I wtr & gift everyday but if they don't wtr me bk, I don't wtr again til I get wtrd. I'm a level 98.
    Yeah, but some people probably don't care if you water them back. I'm like that. I wouldn't leave a message, because it's too time-consuming, and it doesn't matter to me if you water me back. Everyone plays differently.

Grand Emperor
    That single girl story is hilarious.

I've had some real freaks post on my wall, but I find most of the people nice. I think I'm a good neighbor. Not super great because I can't remember who wants dog bowls and who wants tool shed parts. I refuse to write it down. It's not a job. I just kind of mix up my daily gifting. Only 2 of my neighbors have ever commented about it. (Not mentioning any names, cough cough sourlicorice cough cough).

I have a great group of neighbors and none of us seem to have "rules you must obey". I play how I want, I fully expect them too as well. If I think someone left, I delete them. We re-neighbor up when/if they come back. I like to keep my list trimmed.

I guess I'm an acuna matada (spelling?) player.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    That single girl story is hilarious.

I've had some real freaks post on my wall, but I find most of the people nice. I think I'm a good neighbor. Not super great because I can't remember who wants dog bowls and who wants tool shed parts. I refuse to write it down. It's not a job. I just kind of mix up my daily gifting. Only 2 of my neighbors have ever commented about it. (Not mentioning any names, cough cough sourlicorice cough cough).

I have a great group of neighbors and none of us seem to have "rules you must obey". I play how I want, I fully expect them too as well. If I think someone left, I delete them. We re-neighbor up when/if they come back. I like to keep my list trimmed.

I guess I'm an acuna matada (spelling?) player.
    Lol I think I heard my name slip that was a while back. I've mellowed since dog bowls or tool shed parts are fine or whatever. I've come to the point I play how I want and expect nbrs to play how they want, gift whatever - I can always decline them if I don't want it.

I have noticed the same phenomena. Players in nightclub leave suggestive and rude comments etc. Players of farm are the friendliest and most polite in general. Just like real life - HA! So, just like real life, rule of thumb is avoid the jerks and keep the nice friends. ;-) (i uninstalled nightclub)

Quote Originally Posted by puppynox View Post
    For the first time (playing 5 story games for months), someone posted on my wall that they don't like how I play. He told me that he has enough dog bowls (I give them daily) and that I should be watering every day because that's worth more and that I should post to his wall when I water.

Ironically, I do water his crops daily (unless he's full). I almost never post to walls, because it's time consuming. I give dog bowls because they can be sold for 400 coins each, which means they're actually worth more than watering 10 crops at 20 coins each (maybe he never picked up basic math s****s?).

Anyway, I posted back a mild comment that there are many ways to play, and he came back at me again about how the way I play doesn't help my neighbors. So I deleted him and told him to play as he likes, but don't tell others how to play!

I really hope to someday have a small group of neighbors that plays just as I like to play, but in the meantime, I never complain when someone gives me a [] gift or doesn't respond to part requests. I may eventually delete them (quietly), but I'd never tell them to play differently.
    I now now everybody starts to hate me but..it is your choice how you played.
    Maybe he was just trying to help you? So you can earn more experience and coins in the future?
    I personally would?nt mind if someone gave me advice and certainly not deleting for them..its just a game its up to you if you take the advice or do your own thing.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-15-13 at 07:10 PM. Reason: removed third party game reference

Executive Chef
    I had an obvious youngster post how to arrange my fashion boutique(I was level 98-her?-level 7!)thought it wa hilarious !

Loxieland I did exactly the same as you and I now have a great bunch of neighbours. One of my neighbours though had a problem with one of her neighbours. Told her off for not watering every day as that is what this game is all about and for not sending gifts every day as well. My neighbour did delete her in the end. I wonder if this person waters every day when she is on holiday or when she is ill!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bufffarm View Post
    I request that my nbrs leave a message, even a simple w for wtrd, because the news only holds 10 names & I don't always catch who wtrs before they're bumped off. I wtr & gift everyday but if they don't wtr me bk, I don't wtr again til I get wtrd. I'm a level 98.
    That's me too! We all expect something a little different from our neighbors depending on our personalities! When you take the time to water daily, you want neighbors who do the same thing, and after all, we've earned it! We never really know what the situation is in our neighbor's lives. They may be busy with a job and children, and don't have the time to water daily. Some people are very goal oriented, and some are very laid back. We need to respect those differences in others and find neighbors are that are a good match for us. I like to tell new neighbors up front what I'm looking for in a neighbor, and save any disappointments if that person is not the kind of neighbor I'd like. I think we should at least post a w on people's wall, since this is a SOCIAL game! If you don't want to be social, play solitare! This guy would be very welcome on my farm! Send him on over!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mamareader02 View Post
    I had an obvious youngster post how to arrange my fashion boutique(I was level 98-her?-level 7!)thought it wa hilarious !
    Yea that is pretty bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast