Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't tell me how to play!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Farm Supplier

Don't tell me how to play!

For the first time (playing 5 story games for months), someone posted on my wall that they don't like how I play. He told me that he has enough dog bowls (I give them daily) and that I should be watering every day because that's worth more and that I should post to his wall when I water.

Ironically, I do water his crops daily (unless he's full). I almost never post to walls, because it's time consuming. I give dog bowls because they can be sold for 400 coins each, which means they're actually worth more than watering 10 crops at 20 coins each (maybe he never picked up basic math s****s?).

Anyway, I posted back a mild comment that there are many ways to play, and he came back at me again about how the way I play doesn't help my neighbors. So I deleted him and told him to play as he likes, but don't tell others how to play!

I really hope to someday have a small group of neighbors that plays just as I like to play, but in the meantime, I never complain when someone gives me a [] gift or doesn't respond to part requests. I may eventually delete them (quietly), but I'd never tell them to play differently.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-20-13 at 11:35 AM. Reason: inappropriate word

Banned
    Neighbors like him made me stop playing all of the games for a few months early last year. They were anxiety inducing snobs and brats who ruled over the game like kings and queens and toned the mood down. After getting rid of one like that in all the stories I play it became fun again.

You did the right thing to delete and keep it moving. More like that will come. Remove them and go about your merry little way.

Farm Supplier
    Yes, that's just what I'll do. I'd rather delete someone who's being a jerk and find other neighbors. It's not like getting neighbors is difficult. I found about 50 neighbors within a day of starting my last three games, without even trying that hard.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by puppynox View Post
    Yes, that's just what I'll do. I'd rather delete someone who's being a jerk and find other neighbors. It's not like getting neighbors is difficult. I found about 50 neighbors within a day of starting my last three games, without even trying that hard.
    That is what I would do - just delete them. I have several neighbors that never leave a note. My gosh, it is just a game!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by puppynox View Post
    For the first time (playing 5 story games for months), someone posted on my wall that they don't like how I play. He told me that he has enough dog bowls (I give them daily) and that I should be watering every day because that's worth more and that I should post to his wall when I water.

Ironically, I do water his crops daily (unless he's full). I almost never post to walls, because it's time consuming. I give dog bowls because they can be sold for 400 coins each, which means they're actually worth more than watering 10 crops at 20 coins each (maybe he never picked up basic math s****s?).

Anyway, I posted back a mild comment that there are many ways to play, and he came back at me again about how the way I play doesn't help my neighbors. So I deleted him and told him to play as he likes, but don't tell others how to play!

I really hope to someday have a small group of neighbors that plays just as I like to play, but in the meantime, I never complain when someone gives me a [] gift or doesn't respond to part requests. I may eventually delete them (quietly), but I'd never tell them to play differently.
    You are right

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jellypie200 View Post
    You are right
    If you think this is bad, it is worse when a level 28, female (obviously) asked whether I needed a girl friend, "as she is single" when I replied I am married. She posted the next day to say that "married men should not be playing this game". Lol

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by knuffduff View Post
    If you think this is bad, it is worse when a level 28, female (obviously) asked whether I needed a girl friend, "as she is single" when I replied I am married. She posted the next day to say that "married men should not be playing this game". Lol
    Wow!!! That is awesome ... I'm laughing, wonder how old she was. I don't think many people realize that players are of all ages, from school kids to retired and from all around the world.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by knuffduff View Post
    That sounds like something that would happen on nightclub. If you've ever played, you get people asking if your single everyday.

Farm Supplier
    I request that my nbrs leave a message, even a simple w for wtrd, because the news only holds 10 names & I don't always catch who wtrs before they're bumped off. I wtr & gift everyday but if they don't wtr me bk, I don't wtr again til I get wtrd. I'm a level 98.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by bufffarm View Post
    I request that my nbrs leave a message, even a simple w for wtrd, because the news only holds 10 names & I don't always catch who wtrs before they're bumped off. I wtr & gift everyday but if they don't wtr me bk, I don't wtr again til I get wtrd. I'm a level 98.
    Yeah, but some people probably don't care if you water them back. I'm like that. I wouldn't leave a message, because it's too time-consuming, and it doesn't matter to me if you water me back. Everyone plays differently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast