Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel free

Rhino Keeper

I feel free

There was a time that the weekly updates were so irresistible that I would purchase my gems even if I had my last penny. I often feel guilty for spending real money on a game.
    This few weeks updates hasn't been so attractive, well at least not for me and as a result I am feeling free for the fact that I don't have to fight between my eagerness to purchase gems and my guilty feelings. Does anyone understand what I mean?

Executive Chef
    i feel guilty for spending money on their partying all the year long . for the same amount of money i've bought 2 wonderful games, each having no less than 5 gb of stuff . with no disclaimers that you give us money but we don't guarantee anything, with possible refund and all as it should be.

Agree about not being tempted. I'm actually waiting to find something worth spending all my earned gems on during this dry spell. The themes across their games seem to be a little too masculine for my tastes lately. A Buffalo in Restaurant Story? Really? Why? I always thought they looked mangey. Not for an "eatery" at all. Also seeing old items from one game being slightly tweaked and reused in other game. Or same item but different paint job.

Oh and sorry to whoever designed the sunglasses display but someone should be proofing the designs. The big glasses on top defy physics. Unless the lenses are SUPPOSED to be two very different sizes... the image of the lenses (minus the arms) should be reversed. If you look at real glasses in the same position. the longer lens is closest to you.

And was the crocodile divider meant to be knee high? I thought it was going to be like those nice privacy screen dividers.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-21-13 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo

Rhino Keeper
    Haha--I never noticed about the sunglasses display. Now it's all I can look at. I may have to put mine in storage. And I agree about the crocodile divider--I wanted to love it but it's so short!

In some ways, I feel less tempted. After the Valentine's day box fiasco, I haven't been buying boxes. I decided to put my money where my mouth was for a while--I couldn't complain about boxes and then still try to win things. Someday I may try again (I really want that Pucker Up Display), but I don't know. However, I am thinking about taking it a step further. This week I was really happy with the update and wanted to buy a lot to "reward" TL. I purchased some things, but then I fell into a gem trap for an extra slot...twice. Yup, 98 gems spent on accident in one week. Since then I've been thinking about all the things that players keep requesting: gem confirmation buttons, new gifts, new avatar hairstyles, past LTOs, items out of the box. TL doesn't seem to be listening to those requests so far in 2013. How many players requested that past Valentine's LTO or the Emerald Forest Display? Lots. Did we get either of these items? Nope.

I personally wouldn't mind if TL didn't give us new content for two weeks and used that two weeks to program in all the things we want (gem confirmation buttons, new gifts, avatar hair styles etc) especially if TL said "hey, we aren't giving you new content for two weeks but this is why." During that time, TL could make all past LTOs and all box items including discontinued and holiday box items available for purchase. I don't know about any of you, but I would be thrilled to buy past LTOs and box items, and I would be thrilled that TL was finally giving us the things that we request over and over.

Until that happens, I have to really consider what I'm spending my gems on and whether I'm buying more gems. I've gladly spent a lot in the past because I truly love this game, but I am just pretty discouraged overall. We had a terrific update this week but there have been quite a few that haven't been so terrific. With the gem traps, bad boxes, etc., it makes the game a lot less fair and fun. Am I less tempted overall? Yes. But I am disappointed too. TL is heading in the right direction with this week's update, but I still think there is a lot more to go. If your paying customers aren't buying gems anymore or are spending less money because of unfair traps, maybe it's time to reconsider your business practices.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree. This weeks update was the first one I've liked for a while and, as i have stated in other posts, they need to chill on the costumes and give us real clothes. So again happy w this week's dress. That said i also agree about the gems and feel we should definitely get more gem sales! Seems like all the other games the gems are so much cheaper. This game is definitely the priciest and i can imagine wd be frustrating if u cant spend all that $ on gems. It IS expensive! And lets face it if u play where u only spend coins or gems u actually EARN you wont be happy because all the really cool stuff is for those pricey gems. I guess im lucky i can buy gems here and there, but also that is why i quit bakery...even more $! ...well that and just way too time consuming!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbycat3000 View Post
    Agree about not being tempted. I'm actually waiting to find something worth spending all my earned gems on during this dry spell. The themes across their games seem to be a little too masculine for my tastes lately. A Buffalo in Restaurant Story? Really? Why? I always thought they looked mangey. Not for an "eatery" at all. Also seeing old items from one game being slightly tweaked and reused in other game. Or same item but different paint job.

Oh and sorry to whoever designed the sunglasses display but someone should be proofing the designs. The big glasses on top defy physics. Unless the lenses are SUPPOSED to be two very different sizes... the image of the lenses (minus the arms) should be reversed. If you look at real glasses in the same position. the longer lens is closest to you.

And was the crocodile divider meant to be knee high? I thought it was going to be like those nice privacy screen dividers.
    HAHAHA! You are too funny! The updates have been really weird! I bought the glasses display, and put it out then decided it just looked way too strange no matter where you put it. And those dividers, I was so excited because I thought they would be big, and when I saw how small they were it was just--funny!

I'm hoping to see some of the concepts from previous contests in the games!

I've never bought any gems, and as long as there is no confirmation button, I will never do it! I designed a confirmation button screen and entered in the current concept contest, just in case they were stuck on what that would look like?!

Farm Supplier
    There's nothing better than a few weeks of bad items, it's nice not to be tempted to buy something.

I'm guessing the confirmation button is an iOS thing only then? Because I have one.

Rhino Keeper
    I have that on Android. What I meant is that it is very easy to buy an extra slot or a box item by merely pressing it--there is no confirmation button that you want to spend your gems.

Farm Supplier
    For the more expensive items I suppose, buying 1 gem floors and such would get very annoying very fast if you had to hit a confirmation button with every tile.

Rhino Keeper
    i wish to see it too unable to open FS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast