Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Dragon Quests [iOS]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLovely View Post
    Does anyone know how to request mystic maps from neighbors when you are in the middle of an expansion? I am at level 74 and it takes me two days to expand. I haven't figured out how to ask for maps unless selecting to expand and then the request for mystic maps only comes up if you don't already have enough maps to expand. So, I would like to ask for maps each day so I can build up my maps.
    I only request 20 maps each day because that's the maximum I can receive. I have read that extra requests will be held until the next day and then sent out but that's not my experience and besides it puts the amount of maps I'll be receiving out of my control.

So if I'm in the middle of an expansion, then I go to my arctic isles where I CAN request maps. It's the only reason I go to arctic isles.

And here's where I like to be in control of how many maps are coming out. I don't want to squander valuable maps on expanding my arctic isle. So if I have say 60 out of 64 maps I request only 4 maps. 5 at the most. Then when I go to arctic isles I won't have enough to expand there (I think I only need 9 there) then I can ask 20 of my neighbours.
    By the following day I will be able to start expanding another block on my main isle.

Don't forget that at 64 maps and only receiving 20 a day that's more than 3 days worth and less than 4.
    I'm level 81

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLovely View Post
    Does anyone know how to request mystic maps from neighbors when you are in the middle of an expansion? I am at level 74 and it takes me two days to expand. I haven't figured out how to ask for maps unless selecting to expand and then the request for mystic maps only comes up if you don't already have enough maps to expand. So, I would like to ask for maps each day so I can build up my maps. Since it takes so long to expand now, I don't want to wait two days before I can ask my neighbors for a map. I have 150 neighbors so that is not the issue. However, not all of my neighbors respond when requesting for maps. So, it takes me another two days to get 50 maps (the amount I now need to expand at my level). So, if I have to wait until my expansion completes (2 days) to request the maps and then wait for the returned maps (another two days), I am looking at four days before I can expand again. In no time, I will run out of space to build new habitats and I will give up on the game if that happens. I WILL NOT spend gold to expedite my expansion. I really need help/advise.
    Sparkly's response had the key to quicker expansion - using the Arctic Isle to request expansion maps while you're in the middle of an expansion,

As few things I've noticed:

1) If you only need a few maps for your next expansion - say 5 - you will still receive up to 20 maps a day so you'll probably have 15 maps the day after your expansion.
    2) The Arctic Isle map requests are independent of what's happening on your main islands - so as Sparkly pointed out - you can send out a map request to your neighbors from the Arctic Isle even though you're in the middle of an expansion on the main island.
    3) The Arctic Isle strategy only works if you need maps to expand on the Arctic Isle - I ending up doing several expansions on the Arctic Isles to build up my "needed maps" to 16.
    4) I've noticed that many of my neighbors are not daily players - so they are responding to map requests two to three day after I sent the request. If you send out 100 map requests you are limited to receiving 20 maps per day - but that limit of 20 is based on based on when the neighbor responds not to the day you sent the request. Taking this into account I usually will delay one day in using the Arctic Isle strategy to allow my "lagging" neighbors to catch up. I usually get 15-20 map responses the second day after I send out a request.

Applying all of these strategies I find that I can usually start another expansion within a day of starting the clearing on the previous expansion.

New Resident
    Do some of the quests expire? I was working on the quest with 40 of the red and 30 of the island, or visa versa. Last I looked, I had 5 of one and 3 of the other to finish. I did those.. the quest is gone, and I didn't see a "HEY! QUEST COMPLETED" message.. Did I miss one? Or do they expire? Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Some quests expire. But usually when they do, you will see "expired" in red next to the quest, and then you click on it and it disappears.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Executive Chef
    That's what i do and when i finish one expanding, i have enough maps for the next expand (or need only a few maps)

Quote Originally Posted by AJImmer View Post
    Sparkly's response had the key to quicker expansion - using the Arctic Isle to request expansion maps while you're in the middle of an expansion,

As few things I've noticed:

1) If you only need a few maps for your next expansion - say 5 - you will still receive up to 20 maps a day so you'll probably have 15 maps the day after your expansion.
    2) The Arctic Isle map requests are independent of what's happening on your main islands - so as Sparkly pointed out - you can send out a map request to your neighbors from the Arctic Isle even though you're in the middle of an expansion on the main island.
    3) The Arctic Isle strategy only works if you need maps to expand on the Arctic Isle - I ending up doing several expansions on the Arctic Isles to build up my "needed maps" to 16.
    4) I've noticed that many of my neighbors are not daily players - so they are responding to map requests two to three day after I sent the request. If you send out 100 map requests you are limited to receiving 20 maps per day - but that limit of 20 is based on based on when the neighbor responds not to the day you sent the request. Taking this into account I usually will delay one day in using the Arctic Isle strategy to allow my "lagging" neighbors to catch up. I usually get 15-20 map responses the second day after I send out a request.

Applying all of these strategies I find that I can usually start another expansion within a day of starting the clearing on the previous expansion.

Fashion Designer
    I have just found out the final comet core (╥﹏╥) , after 2 months, I'm so happy I want to cry (╥﹏╥)

Quote Originally Posted by meoconlunar View Post
    I have just found out the final comet core (╥﹏╥) , after 2 months, I'm so happy I want to cry (╥﹏╥)
    Congrats! Now get questing for those tickets ... just kidding

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Speaking of questing for tickets, I've been doing that a lot! My lv. 7 Fire dragon must be exhausted
    Hello, if you are reading this, I just created a forum password for my Android account with the name of Oliverstirc, Oliverstirc and Oliver118 are the same person. Since I only have Restaurant story on that account, I will only post as Oliverstirc on that forum.

Fashion Designer
    I really want another quest, like maybe a quest with a Diamond that gives you, let's say, 10x the luck you would normally have on breeding Diamond hybrids?? Just something new and exciting, these are getting boring..
    accepting all neighbors