Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Dragon Quests [iOS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Feature Overview: Dragon Quests [iOS]

[UPDATE (6/4/13 - 8 PM PDT): The Quest Outpost is now available for all iOS players with Dragon Story 1.3 and above!]

Greetings, Caretakers!

I'd like to introduce you to the landmark feature included in Dragon Story 1.3: Dragon Quests!

With the Trading Portal and Spell Shop, we gave players a fun way to utilize duplicate dragons and work towards new ones. With Dragon Quests, we invite your favorite dragons to embark on unique adventures in search of fortune and glory!

How it works...

• After you update your game to Dragon Story 1.3, if your account is in the beta test, you'll notice a new building connected to the edge of your island. This is the Quest Outpost!

The Quest Outpost

• Players levels 11+ can head into the Quest Outpost for a list of available Dragon Quests. Each quest requires a specific dragon and offers a chance at a specific reward.

Dragon Quest: Mapping the Island

• Select a dragon of the required species and send it on its way! The dragon will return after the allotted time with treasure from its journey!

• You'll always get a reward from the Dragon Quest, but each quest offers a specific rare reward. For example, if you send an Island Dragon on the quest "Mapping The Island", you have a chance at finding a Mystic Map, but you might find Food or Coins a few times instead, before you get the reward displayed on the Dragon Quest.

Pretty easy, right? Get the dragon required for a quest, send it out into the world, then it comes back with treasure--hopefully the treasure you were seeking!

But wait... there's more! Dragon Questing also introduces a brand new, unique dragon reward: The Samurai Dragon!

Dragon Quest Reward: Samurai Dragon

You'll notice two Dragon Quests (if you are high enough level) that require harder-to-breed dragons offering "Pieces of the Samurai Dragon" as rewards. Collect enough of these parts at the Quest Outpost and you can combine them at the Spell Shop to craft your own Samurai Dragon!

Dragon Quest: Sword of the Samurai

Samurai Sword Crafting Piece

Let me know what you think of our new feature! I'm sure you'll enjoy tracking down adventure-hungry dragons and collecting quest rewards! I'll be editing this post with answers to the most frequently asked questions below, so check back!

Play on,

-Jake.

=====

FAQ

When will this feature be available on Android/Kindle?
    All I can say at this time is that it will be available on Android/Kindle, along with all of the backlogged features. We're working on a way to catch things up and keep them caught up. Your patience is appreciated.

I updated and I don't see the Quest Outpost, AHHHH!
    During this testing period, we're only releasing to a small group of players. Stay tuned for the larger release!

Where do my dragons go when they are on Dragon Quests? Will they come back?
    They go on magical quests.... off camera. Yes, your dragons will come back! This is the Quest Outpost, not the Trading Portal!

Updated FAQ:

What level does a dragon have to be in order to go on Dragon Quests?
    Dragons of any level can go on dragon quests so long as they are the right species for the quest. Each Dragon Quest requires a different dragon.

Do I have to expand to the Quest Outpost in order to go on Dragon Quests?
    Nope! You do not have to expand to the Quest Outpost in order to access it. You might want to anyway though, to surround it with hedges and flowers of all colors, in celebration of your dragon's accomplishments.
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 06-04-13 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Full Release: iOS 1.3+

Executive Chef
    Edit(KP) 10-9-15
    Volcanic Treasure has been changed from a gold quest to a coin quest

Edit-(KP)--- Knight Dragon Thread

Update: 6-5-2013:

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    This should be fixed. The Quest Outpost is now available to all iOS players with Dragon Story 1.3 and above!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....gon-Quests-iOS

Edit-KP- Thanks Salinho for letting me hijack your post for pictures!!

For the goals see The goal Thread

Last edited by kooky panda; 10-09-15 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added link for Knight Dragon

New Resident
    Hi I've got it cool

Executive Chef
    Wait a minute, by regular version do you mean the original one? Or do you have to update it or something?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipop_rp View Post
    Wait a minute, by regular version do you mean the original one? Or do you have to update it or something?
    yes I mean the original one with last update 1.3

New Resident
    Lucky me! I got the Outpost! Bum news, though. While I have now successfully completed an handful of quests, none of my rewards have appeared in my inventory. Definitely a beta feature! Keep working to iron out the kinks TeamLava!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by jane09186 View Post
    Lucky me! I got the Outpost! Bum news, though. While I have now successfully completed an handful of quests, none of my rewards have appeared in my inventory. Definitely a beta feature! Keep working to iron out the kinks TeamLava!
    What specific rewards did not show up in your inventory?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I gotta say, not bad for 1,000 coins!

Rhino Keeper
    I was so shocked when this appeared! But sent my fire dragon on a quest and he came back with 3000 coins!! This is fun!
    Please please don't take this away from me ! Everyone should have it! I have been so lucky to get this! Good luck everyone!

So do we have a date when we can expect the update for the rest of the players? I so want this.

Page 1 of 100 123451151 ... LastLast