Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Trumpet player for Gems?

Just skip it for 2-3 gems I forget which it was I believe 2 but not positive, anyways thats what I did to get past it, there was no way I was spending 12 gems on this thing that I would not use. =x
    I, as well dont think its right that a goal involves purchasing something for gems. I had a similar problem in Vday edition RS, it required purchasing 4 tables 3gems each, well 12 gems later and there was NO reward at the end of the quest line, I was pretty upset. And like this quest you are referring too, I dont believe the reward was worth even skipping it for 2-3 gems.

Executive Chef
    it didn't require gem tables or walls.. any tables or walls could do in that case.. or was it 2011 v.day?

New Resident
    I was asking my neighbors why the trumpet palyer and the jazz drummer was locked and say goal??? Do I have to complete a goal and then pay gems for it??? If its like that I can not complete it cause don't have a lot of gems and don't want to spend it on that...

If I let the trumpet player goal expire, will I still get my music machine?????? Less than 2 days left on goal

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrospets View Post
    If I let the trumpet player goal expire, will I still get my music machine?????? Less than 2 days left on goal
    You need to either purchase the trumpet player or skip that part of the goal with gems.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrospets View Post
    The musical drink machine has three recipes, so it'll get you 6 gems total when mastered, which will pay back the 4 it takes to skip him, and you'll still be two ahead. It's not the best deal, but it's the only option if you don't want to buy him for 12 gems. Either way, you have to complete the goal to get the machine at all.

New Resident
    I completed every goal up until the trumpet player, then decided to wait it out and figure that I would earn the trumpet player by completing other various challenges, but after completing every challenge, the trumpet player was never given as a gift, and it asked for 12 gems. I figured it was a glitch so I continued to wait it out for an update, and now have given up and skipped the requirement. Unfortunately it's too late to complete the requirements for the next stage of the challenge, but I have my drink machine, so it's good enough. I don't like spending gems, and I never thought that a challenge would require you to spend gems to win, and those that don't have gems or can't spend money to play will be out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetstuff525 View Post
    So I'm baking and baking and I don't get a free one after all this baking ?

This has to be a mistake
    agree agree!!! thats not fair!!!so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by esse318 View Post
    agree agree!!! thats not fair!!!so frustrating.
    Whats most unfair is that they sold it for gems. They award us gems only to have us waste it by either buying or skipping, its like being between a rock and a hard place, I skipped, the 4 gems hurt like hell, i closed my eyes and selected "skip for 4 gems" I just couldn't bring my self to watch 4 gems go down the drain

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by islanddoll1 View Post
    Whats most unfair is that they sold it for gems. They award us gems only to have us waste it by either buying or skipping, its like being between a rock and a hard place, I skipped, the 4 gems hurt like hell, i closed my eyes and selected "skip for 4 gems" I just couldn't bring my self to watch 4 gems go down the drain
    I feel the same way about spending gems. The only time I've ever used gems was by accident. And I did skip this challenge for 4 gems, but then found out a few hours later that they pulled the goal early, so I wasn't able to complete the next set of events.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314