Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Sorting

Host(ess)

Question Neighbor Sorting

Bakery Story is one of my favorite Team Lava games. As such, I've collected a large number of neighbors. The problem is that I have way more than I can send requests to.

My question is what is the best way to remove unwanted neighbors in terms of actually knowing who to remove and who not to remove? (I know HOW to remove, I am just wondering if there's a fast way to determine WHO I should remove).

I remove players who I've noticed stopped playing based on their bakeries when I visit them. However, it's difficult to notice who has sent materials and who hasn't. Should I just start making lists of who has sent gifts and who hasn't? Won't I be deleting players, then, who simply haven't received my requests because I have so many neighbors?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Farm Supplier
    I was wondering the same thing. I have so much trouble remembering who sent what or doesn't send anything at all!

When you "accept" on an item request from a neighbor (as opposed to manually sending them a gift) does it alert them that you were the one who accepted? I'm never sure if they actually know if I was the person who accepted and how they got the item.
    If it just sends them the item but doesn't specify who accepted the request, you might not realize someone that is actually helping and mistakenly delete them.
    Sorry to answer your question with more questions! I'm clearly still confused with some stuff. lol

Farm Supplier
    I do not delete based on gifts only. They could be trying to send one but you are always maxed out. I delete based on a couple of things.... 1- I can't stand spoiled food. So if they constantly have the same spoiled food they may have stopped playing. 2- every couple of months I will write down who tips me for a few days, if someone doesn't tip me, then I send them a message to see if they have stopped tipping. If I have no response I may delete them. 3- every am I collect my gifts, and return all tips. I then respond to any gift requests. When I do this I try to gift them the item they request also, giving them 2 of the item they need. I then send my material requests to the people I have responded to. You can tell those people by scrolling down your neighbor list. Once you tip them they move to the bottom and start the alphabet over again. ONLY after sending out my requests do I tip the rest of my neighbors.

Farm Supplier
    If they help you with a request it will show in the newsfeed. The newsfeed only shows the last ten people that tips and last 10 people who helped with requests. That is why my neighbors and I write on each others walls. When I tip them I then delete their message from my wall. That way I know I tipped them back.

Sunflo3133 I am new and need neighbors pls add me

Rhino Keeper
    I don't delete based on gifts only, but, here's how I make my decision to delete:
    1) star rating- if my neighbor is a 0, I'll choose to remove them because I'm a 4 and i enjoy playing with players who like me, gift and tip regularly.
    2) spoiled food- before I remove an inactive neighbor, I'll check for spoilage. If all of the items that they are making have been spoiled for a few weeks, then i make the choice to delete them.
    3) I respond to all tips, requests, and gifts. If I notice that the same neighbor sends requests all the time, but, doesn't ever tip or gift, I'll deny their requests after I send them a request that doesn't get fulfilled (that's the great thing about the newsfeed).
    4) people who demand tips or that you write on their wall- demands go unnoticed around me. The people that write "I tipped you. Now tip me back" or "I can't tip because you are full" also meet my guidelines for removal. The games are supposed to be about fun and i enjoy playing with people who realize that people still have a life.

It's "I can't tip because you are full" Just a friendly, "hey neighbour I stopped by to say hi, but you weren't aorund, so I couldn't tip" kind of thing? What's wrong with that?

Farm Supplier
    I've been keeping track of my neighbors for a couple of weeks now via spreadsheet on a number of factors because I've been trimming my neighbor list to a manageable number, and I suspect that the newsfeed is not accurate with regards to who responds to a material request (it seems to be accurate with regards to tips), especially after you've reached the number of parts you needed. I have been careful for the past two weeks to send out less than 20 material requests per day. However, the number of parts I end up with is more than the number of parts I've been gifted and the number of people the newsfeed says responded to a material request. I even did a little test this morning with a second BS account and a request sent out to Stormie, and sure enough, I ended up with an extra part from Stormie, but nothing in the newsfeed saying that Stormie responded. I do maintain neighbors who have a zero-star rating because some of these people are routinely the quickest to respond back to material requests. While I do make the effort to tip everyone on my shortening list, I realize that tips are quite time-consuming for the little coins you give so I try not to penalize anyone for not tipping. In the end, neighbors who respond to requests are more valuable than the neighbors who tip daily.

To cookietyler: I just deleted one neighbor who clearly was still playing judging by the changing recipes and the tips being cleared, but I didn't get a response to any of the several material requests I sent to this particular neighbor despite writing on her wall that I gifted and tipped as a gentle reminder (I don't normally write on walls). I don't understand why anyone would deny a material request since it doesn't take up any time at all. Why deny your neighbor's request instead of just deleting them? It just seems particularly mean to keep them on your list and theirs just to keep on denying their requests and clogging up their system.

I play City Story and I only have 20 neighbors there, half of who have a zero social rating, but all 20 of them play daily and respond to requests. I'd like to get my neighbor list down to 20 awesome neighbors like I have in City Story, but it's been really difficult with the unreliable feeds.

Rhino Keeper
    To kingdomno735: but in the same regard, when your requests are being denied, what do you do? I too maintain a spreadsheet to help with a number of factors before I make a decision to delete someone. When I send a request for parts, I only send between 5-10/day, that way the system doesn't get clogged with requests. I'll indicate on my spreadsheet when I sent a request and to who I sent the request to. By watching the newsfeed, which shows the ten most recent request fulfillments and the last ten people that tipped, I am able to indicate on my spreadsheet that those folks who I sent a request to responded.

Farm Supplier
    If my request is denied once, then I let it go as a possible mistake; I'll still accept their request. If it repeatedly gets denied, I just delete that neighbor, but I will continue to accept their requests until I delete them a few denied requests later.

I only sent two requests this morning for my little test, so my newsfeed wouldn't get pushed out. But I only needed one more part to finish building my appliance, and it showed that my second BS account responded, but did not show that Stormie responded. Yet I ended up with two parts this morning -- one from my second account and one presumably from Stormie. Not sure if the newsfeed is dropping other notices outside this particular scenario, but now I suspect that the newsfeed is not accurate for material requests. Unfortunately, I deleted about 40 neighbors to figure this out. Ah, there will always be casualties...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast