Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Neighbor Sorting

I have a question that I hope you can answer. I gift daily and respond to parts requests. However, there are sometimes that my finger will accidentally hit the decline button. I've always wondered if the person whose gift or request I declined will know it. Only once have I ever purposely declined a gift and that was for a part for an item that I as an Android user would never be able to get, nor have I ever seen. So my question to you is this: if you sent me a gift or a request, and I as an Android user accidentally hit the decline button, would you know it? On my news feed, it'll say if someone tipped or responded for my request for help, but that's all.

New Resident
    Agree.. People are way to talk"touch" sometimes. Also when they say DO NOT POST UR ID ON MY WALL. Lol!! Like it hurts them in some way. Wow huh! Its a game... Lighten up peeps lol Like smile have fun

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    That's funny with the spreadsheets. Bet it went a lot faster though! It's pretty impressive the games are complicated enough for spreadsheets and math formulas and seating charts, but simple enough all that can be ignored and still have a fun game.

One thing I noticed keeping track that I wouldn't otherwise, I think one of my nbrs declines gifts. I never paid enough attention b4 to know, had no idea anyone declined. It's weird anyone would, it's one click when you log in. Weird to decline. I don't mind nbrs who don't tip, visit, or gift, and I keep nbrs who quit for months, the only thing I ever delete nbrs over is ppl who keep sending cake and brownies even when asked nicely not to send food. But see, there's another reason to keep track, the odd nbr declining req.

Give in to the dark side... Enter the data...
    I have over 100 neighbors right now who send a combination of parts and food. I can only accept 20 of their gifts per day so I usually only accept cappuccino. Sometimes I'll accept other foods or parts to build the newest machine if there's a time crunch and I don't want to wait on part requests. But when I have enough parts for X number of machines I want to build, I decline those parts as gifts to make room to accept hopefully more capps later in the day. Why would I keep accepting shamrocks, lucky coins, and musical parts when I've built my machines and they'll just sit in my inventory being useless when I could decline and maybe get a gift that will make me at least a little bit of money instead?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooobeee View Post
    I have a question that I hope you can answer. I gift daily and respond to parts requests. However, there are sometimes that my finger will accidentally hit the decline button. I've always wondered if the person whose gift or request I declined will know it. Only once have I ever purposely declined a gift and that was for a part for an item that I as an Android user would never be able to get, nor have I ever seen. So my question to you is this: if you sent me a gift or a request, and I as an Android user accidentally hit the decline button, would you know it? On my news feed, it'll say if someone tipped or responded for my request for help, but that's all.
    I'm pretty sure the person receives no notification of a declined gift or request. I've declined many parts I didn't need and no one's every asked me why I declined their gift. I've also declined requests on accident more times than I can remember. It's unfortunate, but I don't think that person ever knows.

Fashion Designer
    My message on the previous page should say decline request not gift, typed the wrong word. I was commenting on a neighbor who doesn't accept my part requests and seems to be declining.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jl0408 View Post
    I have over 100 neighbors right now who send a combination of parts and food. I can only accept 20 of their gifts per day so I usually only accept cappuccino. Sometimes I'll accept other foods or parts to build the newest machine if there's a time crunch and I don't want to wait on part requests. But when I have enough parts for X number of machines I want to build, I decline those parts as gifts to make room to accept hopefully more capps later in the day. Why would I keep accepting shamrocks, lucky coins, and musical parts when I've built my machines and they'll just sit in my inventory being useless when I could decline and maybe get a gift that will make me at least a little bit of money instead?
    Sorry for the confusion - nothing wrong with declining gifts you don't need and no one would even know!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooobeee View Post
    If your nbr requested 5 paint and got 4, and the names of the other 4 nbrs were in newsfeed, then they could figure out you declined, but it's not likely. There's no way to be able to tell, and far as I know, there's no way to tell which platform ppl are on unless they have an item only one platform has, so your nbrs wouldn't know you're android or what things you can't see unless you tell them or they are android too. So if you decline iOS only stuff you might want to put a note and let nbrs know, so they can send req to someone else.

New Resident
    Im unclear on the parts request. When you request parts from nghbrs is there a limit to how many nghbrs can accept your request or even get ur request?? I mean if i send out 120 requests do 120 nghbrs get one?? And can 120 nghbrs accept? Also don't understand at all why you would decline someone request for you to send them a part? Is there limit on how many request you can accept? Thank you

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kbugglez View Post
    Im unclear on the parts request. When you request parts from nghbrs is there a limit to how many nghbrs can accept your request or even get ur request?? I mean if i send out 120 requests do 120 nghbrs get one?? And can 120 nghbrs accept? Also don't understand at all why you would decline someone request for you to send them a part? Is there limit on how many request you can accept? Thank you
    You can only receive 20 requested items per day. If you send 120 requests, once 20 nbrs respond, no one else will see your requests. The next day, 20 more nbrs get the chance to respond to the 100 requests left. Day 3, 20 more nbrs answer the 80 requests left. It keeps sending until all the requests go out. If you try to send another request, your nbrs might not see it for days. You are better off just picking 20 people yourself each day to send to.
    You can accept as many requests as you get in a day. Some people will decline if they think they need to have the part in order to accept - it doesn't come out of inventory but it's not clear to people how it works. I don't know other reasons people who are high level decline.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345