Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Boosted breed?

Tried a few times and kept getting common dragons like fruitful and life. Not going to waste my gold here anymore!!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    thought I'd add my two cents on the subject of boosted breed. I truly don't have a lot of complaints about the game because it's free, but like most people I have more of an opinion when money is involved!

During the free boost weekend I ended up with a couple dragons I'd been waiting on so it motivated me to try the boosted breed when I have extra gold after tournaments (usually if I buy gold it's during tournament time or during a gold sale to save for tournaments for harder bosses). I know the boost is supposed to increase the chance, not guarantee, but it's one of my few complaints in the game after receiving repeat common dragons the last 4-5 boost times. If I'm spending $10 on gold, at least eliminate the chance of a common dragon so if I get a repeat I can get a decent trade out of it I try to reserve my boosts for dragon combos I haven't bred as often (pink and black right now) because in my mind there's a higher chance of getting something I don't already have, but if I get another common coral dragon from this combo . . .

I would seriously buy gold and use it to boost every breed if I knew I would at least get a rare dragon out of it - it doesn't have to be super or ultra rare or anything. I would never be able to bring myself to spend 800 gold on a dragon - it's much easier for me to justify using smaller amounts here and there in the arena at the end if a tournament or on boosted breeds, so in the long run Dragon Story will make a lot more money off of me making it worth my while this way

Just my feedback - my kids love the game, and my little boy always tells me he's going to beat me by getting special dragons before me, which is fun for me since I'm not competitive and it's cute to see him get all excited and worked up about it. If only I could get him as determined to finish his homework as he is to breed dragons!

Rhino Keeper
    Before I boosted my breed, I was on the forums reading about how boosted breed didn't give many people the dragons they wanted. During the free boost weekend, I had ended up with many new rare dragons and since I was having trouble with mardi gras, I decided to boost magic and forest. My theory was that boosted breed would probably work in a scenario where the possibilities were
    Poison (common)
    Familiar (rare)
    Mardi gras (rare)
    There being two rares I didn't have (I didn't have a familiar too!), I thought there would be a greater chance of me getting one of them through the boosted breed. Boosted it. And there was a mardi gras! 17 hrs!
    I was so excited by my success that I boosted my next try for white chocolate too. The possibilities from Diamond Love (the combo I boosted) were
    Love (common)
    Laser light (Rare)
    White chocolate (Super rare)
    Crusader (Ultra rare)
    Angel (Ultra rare)
    Out of these I only had love. Again, more un-common dragons possible, the better. Boosted it in the Hope of an ultra rare. Got 15 hrs!!! Was a laserlight, though. But yet. A new one. Which I had tried for before and ended up with loves by the dozen...... So my experience with the boosted breed was good. Just remember to see the fewer common outcomes and rarer dragons you can get. Otherwise 12 gold will be wasted!
    So that's that. I'm not boosting anymore. Used all my gold speeding for lacewing! Hope I get it soon!

Rhino Keeper
    I just tried it tonight out of curiosity. I will try and remember to post what happens. Now think about this,just a mind tickler here lol. I was thinking since there's a " boosted breeding rare or others like super rare till Tuesday.It is Sunday night I bred red/yellow.Hoping that since its " rare breeding" till Tues ( today 8.2.15) then maybe this is what the button is used for? Hey guys what do you think or have you tried this during this special time already??

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    For the most part I don't think it works, however it did just get me the Clown dragon, a super rare. It's only the second time out of countless tries, though.

Fashion Designer
    United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru, Republic Dominican, Cuba, Carribbean,
    On the Boosted Weekend announcement, can anyone identify the top left dragon shown? The bottom three are (from the left) Godmother, Archangel, and Onyx; (from the right) the top row is Nyx, Loch Ness, and ???. I can't figure out what that one is. Anyone?

ETA: Nevermind. I figured it out. It's Eclipse.
    Last edited by Mythdefied; 08-03-15 at 12:35 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by aceblade View Post
    It helped me a lot, but not worth 12 gold a pop.
    If they change it back to costing coins rather than gold, I will use it all the time though.
    Agreed, I'll only use it when it's for coins
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythdefied View Post
    On the Boosted Weekend announcement, can anyone identify the top left dragon shown? The bottom three are (from the left) Godmother, Archangel, and Onyx; (from the right) the top row is Nyx, Loch Ness, and ???. I can't figure out what that one is. Anyone?

ETA: Nevermind. I figured it out. It's Eclipse.
    I never have luck during these weekends, but I thought the bottom left was Goodwitch not Godmother.

Good luck either way!!

Rhino Keeper
    After some commons (how many more times can I get a Coral?) and duplicates, I finally have something on one of the dens that I haven't had before. The only 3 possibilities with that length of time are Deep, Aurora and Atlantis and I have neither. Curious which one it's going to be.

Nightclub Owner
    Just got another Laserlight fail, ah well, nothing good ever comes from boosted breed for me LOL
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)