Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Hearts Club

Nightclub Owner

Broken Hearts Club

Sometimes when you make changes to your store in can result in your customers becoming broken hearted.

DaojinWildfire has this to say about store layout:

Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    When you changed up the layout of your boutique by adding changing rooms and mirrors, you may have reduced the pathway efficiency. I'll try to explain how this mechanic works so that you will understand, so please bear with me if it sounds confusing.

If you have inventory in your store, then a customer can do 2 things.

1. Go to a mirror
    2. Go to a changing room

When a customer decides to do one of these tasks, they will reserve the mirror or changing room, which means that another NPC, even if they are closer, cannot access that mirror/room.

For example, there's an NPC near the top of the boutique and she decides to go to a changing room. The one she reserves happens to be at the very bottom of the store. Since this room has been reserved by the NPC, no one else can use it. And since the distance is really long, top of the store to bottom (not to mention complicated pathways with decorations), the travel time for this NPC would be long. This long travel/access time reduces the amount of NPCs that can access this room per min/hour. This decreased rate will result in lower sales.

To make your pathway and layout more efficient, try placing your changing rooms and mirrors closing to the center of the store, but with pathways in between.
    Other things that can cause broken hearts include:
    • Blocking acess to the register
    • Having your register too close to the door (right next to it so the door opens on it)
    • Blocking acess to mirrors and dressing rooms
    • Not having enough mirrors and dressing rooms
    • Some times having dressing rooms against the wall

If you're experiencing broken hearts and you're not sure why, you can use this thread to ask for help. To make it easier for people to help you it would be great if you could post a photo. This thread has information on posting photos. If you can't post a photo you can describe your layout or invite people to visit your store.

Executive Chef
    Its confusing.

Fashion Designer
    When I started, I spent a ton of time watching the people walk around and how they shop. They seem to go to the nearest mirror or dressing room, unless another customer is walking to that one. So what I do is scatter mirrors and dressing rooms through the store near where the items are to buy, then have the registers near the door. They won't always use the closest register like they do with mirror/dressing room.

Fashion Designer
    Oh forgot to add - another thing that will always cause a broken heart is if you have a mirror or dressing room across from the register. Customers have to walk at least one square to buy something at a register. If they make a decision to buy and they are standing in the same square in front of the register, they always leave mad.

Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    When I started, I spent a ton of time watching the people walk around and how they shop. They seem to go to the nearest mirror or dressing room, unless another customer is walking to that one. So what I do is scatter mirrors and dressing rooms through the store near where the items are to buy, then have the registers near the door. They won't always use the closest register like they do with mirror/dressing room.
    Exactly what I did and do when I remodel it's easier when your store is larger. Although I never had an issue with purple hearts. I look at the products in the area counters versus mirrors clothes versus dressing rooms. How many mirrors/dressing rooms are at acess in that general area.

Hope this works and helps..LOL I can't believe I did this much work for this game. Trying hoping the attachment works I created on excel. Then converted to PDF file and then back to zip it. So it would be small enough file to upload.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anyway it's a simple graph if you will example of way to start boutique and pracitaly guarantee all pink hearts.

Hi

The thing is that when I played on iphone I had never changed nothing on my boutique and never got broken hearts at all (it's exactly the same as right now except the new earth display) but that doesn't change anything because now I've changed device which is android, I got those broken hearts pop up.

ok then I found the problem with android I can't have more than 3 displays to decorate my boutique whereas with IOS I could have more thx

Executive Chef
    you can. it's just obstructing some place that they need open. it may be any place, not necessarily in their way. but it somehow affects their choice of paths and causes them to go crazy

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast