Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 89

Fashion Designer
    You're welcome, Spice.

Almost cleared 99, Phaedrakiki. Did you clear it yet?

Fashion Designer
    Just read your post on the other thread and saw you made it. Congrats.

Thanks, Gardienn!

Level 89

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    Ok... I've tried and tried, but using bombs isn't making a dent. The farthest of 12 levels I can get down has been 6. I've about had it with this level. Is there some other trick or way to combine bombs or use the gift explosions to speed up mining the unattached right column?
    I am giving up on the whole of jewel mania, this level is impossible and I do not understand the tip from Gardienn.
    Spoilt my fun.
    At least I am not the only one stumped.
    Cheers mate.

flaminora, don't give up! I'm going to post a photo of the level, with drawings to show exactly what to do. While I'm working on it, though...I'll try to clarify what to do:

Match the present colors to regular jewels to get gifts. These gifts are bombs. Once earned, they will show up in the bottom right corner. To use them, press your finger on the bomb, then press on the screen where you want to use it. The best place is, of course, the separated area to the right. It will blow up to 3 meters of brick, so if you can, wait until you have that much showing. (Don't wait too long, though, or you'll run out of moves.) Once you press your finger on the brick, it will blow...and the screen will scroll down.

You also want to make lots of horizontal blasters, because they don't give you enough presents to do the entire level. Also, combining any blaster with a regular bomb (at or near dirt level) is an excellent way of clearing the dirt/bricks to the right.

Finally, after you get further down into the level, regular jewels will fall into that area on the right. Look out for matches there. If you get lucky, you can dig with a vertical match of regular jewels over there.

Good luck!

Level 89: Dig 12 meters in 55 moves. You get gifts, that start out in wooden wall "boxes" on the main board. The gifts contain "insta-bomb" boosts. (Not sure what they're called, lol!) Unlike the regular bombs you create in the game (that come from "L" or "T"-shaped matches)--that have to be detonated by swapping, these bomb boosts detonate instantly. Just press your finger on the boost, then touch the screen where you want the dirt/bricks to blow. For this level, that's usually the separated area to the right of the main board. Here's the level:

For some reason, the boxes around the gifts didn't show up in that middle section of the screenshot. Hmmm...

Anyway, after you match the presents, you'll get bomb boosts at the bottom of the screen. Here's how they look...on the bottom right of your board next to the "for sale" boosts:

Just touch the circled boost (circled in pink, above,) then touch the dirt/bricks on the right (pink arrow.) Again, the boosts will blow up to 3 levels of brick, so try to use them when you have more bricks "showing". But also use them if you get stuck (so you don't waste moves.) When I saw today's post, I decided to go ahead and replay the level. I only had 2 stars on it, and I'm stuck on another level right now and needed the break! I got really lucky on 89--check out all these diamonds! I'm so happy. I ended up going way past the goal line, and got my 3 stars. Was able to use a blaster+bomb combo right at the goal line. (Blaster + bomb is an awesome combo for digging!):

I wish you the best of luck!
    Phaedrakiki[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12