Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with being a productive player.

Help with being a productive player.

So, I've read the stickies and looked at the complicated charts. I was wondering if some veteran players could make things simpler for me.

I am a level 25 player with a decent amount (nothing crazy as I collect quality over quantity) of neighbors that I tip and gift daily in return.

I have 7 appliance slots open and most of them are occupied with me trying to finish up the Valentine's missions with those LONG recipes. Speaking of missions, do we get those regularly or only for special occasions?

Anyway... I see neighbors with counters constantly full of a large variety of items and ovens a'blazin' every day. I would like to be productive like them rather than running out of food faster than I can churn it out.

What is the best way to keep food on my counters and recipes cooking on my appliances? Is there a certain ratio of ovens to mixers that is ideal? Should a certain number of appliances be working on longer recipes while the rest work on shorter ones?

Basically... I just need some guidance on how to be a good player with nice money and XP coming in.

Farm Supplier
    At level 25 you are still building up stock. I would suggest taking a break from goals for a day or two and stockpiling the shorter term recipes. Level up and open up some more ovens. It won't be long until you have more food than you know what to do with. The goals come out occasionally, not on a weekly basis. Luckily BS gives quite a few servings per oven so you should be able to stock up quickly.

Rhino Keeper
    I surely wish my food would run out. If my customers were real, they'd report me to the police for serving a few months old food

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amymcc View Post
    At level 25 you are still building up stock. I would suggest taking a break from goals for a day or two and stockpiling the shorter term recipes. Level up and open up some more ovens. It won't be long until you have more food than you know what to do with. The goals come out occasionally, not on a weekly basis. Luckily BS gives quite a few servings per oven so you should be able to stock up quickly.
    I would not stop with the goals as of now. Goals actually have timers and once the timer expires, all your hard work for the goals are gone! After you're done with goals, you can stock up by preparing quick recipes (I'd say anything under 6 hours). Short recipes give you more food per day assuming you actually bake frequently.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by unosocite View Post
    I surely wish my food would run out. If my customers were real, they'd report me to the police for serving a few months old food
    Yes I have over 100,000 of almost everything

Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    I would not stop with the goals as of now. Goals actually have timers and once the timer expires, all your hard work for the goals are gone! After you're done with goals, you can stock up by preparing quick recipes (I'd say anything under 6 hours). Short recipes give you more food per day assuming you actually bake frequently.
    Yes I would complete the goals and unlock recipes. Also I would buy all ur ovens 2 b the same and finsh the goal.

After u complete the goals then get all the same appliance (I would go w/the oven or drink mixer. But I would do oven) and master all the food on that oven. After u have mastered everything go on 2 the drink mixer and so on. I Los the ice cream michine looks so tempting along w/the fryer but don't get then till u have mastered everything. Just my advise. 4 the goals when u 1st join they have some 2 start u out then after that u get them 4 holidays. Lmk if u have any other questions.

Executive Chef
    If you want to stock up on food... You should cook foods with the highest servings per hour. To find out which dishes are the highest you can use the chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...b2RDZEE&gid=13

At the top of the chart is a gray bar, above the gray bar are some blue words.... click on Servings/Hr. The chart will be sorted to show the dishes that give the most food on the top. The top five recipes will be brownies, chocolate chip cookies, coffee, jasmine tea and sweet tea.

I'm almost done with the Valentine's goal, I think (hope!), so I will finish that and then lay off the goals while I focus on foods.

I've been going along the recipes and mastering all of the quick things first. I think I'm on chocolate cake now, which is an hour. As time goes on and I move on to longer recipes, I won't be able to cook very often, right?!

I won't get the fancy machines yet, as advised. I'm still working with mostly ovens. I'll put my two mixers away for now.

Anna, thank you for explaining that chart to me! It makes much more sense now.

I bake as frequently as possible because I love the game and I always have my phone with me. Should I not focus on mastering recipes yet and just crank out brownies for the most XP and servings per hour so that I don't always log in to no food on my counters? From what I understand that you are saying, the higher level I get and further in the game I won't be running out of food. It makes sense to me then to focus on brownies or cookies/coffee when I have the time, and then work on mastery later when I'm not running out of food constantly.

Thanks for all of your help, guys! My ID is the same as my forum name here if anyone wants to come see what I'm talking about!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kcartwright856 View Post
    Should I not focus on mastering recipes yet and just crank out brownies for the most XP and servings per hour so that I don't always log in to no food on my counters?
    I would only cook each dish until it was mastered, then move on to the next highest serving/hr dish. So, once brownies are mastered move to chocolate cookies, then coffee and just keep going down through the list.

Quote Originally Posted by kcartwright856 View Post
    From what I understand that you are saying, the higher level I get and further in the game I won't be running out of food. It makes sense to me then to focus on brownies or cookies/coffee when I have the time, and then work on mastery later when I'm not running out of food constantly.

YES, once you get to the higher levels (and unlock more appliances) you will be able to cook more food than your bakery can sell. High level players have the opposite problem, our food sells TOO SLOW and our counters are FULL. So you're plan is really smart... cook the the high serving per hour dishes NOW while you can sell it. ... and save the 18 hour and 1 day recipes for later.

Thank you! This makes much more sense to me now. =)

Fashion Designer
    I wouldn't wait to buy new appliances, some are removed from the game after the holiday they are associated with passes and you might or might not be able to buy it again next year. Also if you're trying to master all the dishes on the oven, it'll take you a year and you miss out on all the seasonal stuff along the way. Most of the specialty ovens only have three dishes on them - I buy about 5 of each and spend about a month or so mastering, depending how long they take to cook. That's been working well for me, then when there's seasonal stuff to master I switch back to my ovens/mixers. I'm not playing for max money though, but for gems/mastery.

Also, when you're new to the game and log in a lot, the short time recipes are fun. I'd focus on mastering those, because after playing a while, it gets annoying to keep logging in every hour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast