Quote Originally Posted by MsNanaStolp View Post
According to the Breeding Calculator Diamond on Diamond has the possibility of 40 different dragons...including Diamond of course. Now with that being said, I would like to make sure I have my head wrapped around this right...say, with the Diamond/Diamond combo having a possible outcome of 40 different dragons vs. Mythic/Santa combo with only 14 possible different dragons...wouldn't logic say that my chances would be much better getting the Diamond Dragon breeding Mythic/Santa? I am 53 years old & one of life's lessons I have learned, is to not take anything for granite.LOL.
I used to think this was the case too- the fewer possibilities, the greater chances of getting a diamond. But when I think about it more, I don't think it's the case. I think that each type of dragon (common, rare, super rare, ultra rare) has a set probability of getting that type and no matter how many outcomes, you'll still have the same chance of getting a diamond. If there are fewer possibilities, you may just get many more duplicates of the same dragon. This is just a theory, but it makes the most sense to me.