Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping track of your dragons

Host(ess)

Keeping track of your dragons

I need to find a way to keep track of what dragons I have and dont have, so it will be easier to remember what to go for next, and which ones to lvl.
    How do u guys keep track? Do u have it all in ur head, or r u making lists or something third?
    Also do u trade all ur fails, or do u sell some so u dont block the temple with evolving fails to lvl 4 for trading?

Executive Chef
    I am keeping dragons in mind which I don't have and yes there is dragon album also in which u can see which dragons u have and which u don't have but I don't use to go there I just remember for which dragon I should go and sometimes I don't have any idea for which dragon I should go
    And for trading
    I have all the gemstones except onyx so I usually sell dragons but the dragons which are having long breeding time I hatch them and evolve them to get bombs for mins and after that I trade them
    Hope u understand
    U can keep Dragons after evolving if u don't want to trade or if u r having all gemstones

Host(ess)
    I do understand, ty . However I think I need some sort of system, to many times I have thrown random dragons in breeding pen because I didnt know what to try for.

Host(ess)
    Well heres a perfect example of why I need some sort of system, and a good laugh for all of u reading this.

Earlier today I realised I didnt see the baby winddancer anywhere on my island, so I figured it was evolving. When the evolving was done it was not my winddanser and I started to worry. I searched my island again, checked the album incl the greyed out ones, no where to be found. So I found one of the posts that have a link to support and was in full process of explaining my missing dragon, when I thought I need to check 1 last time. Guess what, the hatching egg I thought was one of the event dragons was in fact my winddanser

Way to give myself a heartattact

Executive Chef
    I've tried to keep a record of my dragons but wasn't able to keep up with it. I have a Winddancer story too. During this world event I almost sold my Winddancer off the nest! I've been buying, hatching, and selling constantly on my two extra nests and wasn't paying close attention when Winddancer was ready. Whew, dodged a bullet!

Rhino Keeper
    I started playing in March of 2013 and quickly found myself in trouble keeping track! I have started and grown out of a bunch of self designed 'systems'. Currently I have something like an index card for each dragon. Cards are arranged alphabetically and hole punched with a metal ring to hold them. I have two sets. When a new dragon is announced I make a card and add it (alphabetically) to the set of cards for the dragons I do not have. Then, when I breed one I don't have yet, I move that card over to the 'Have' set (always a thrill!). The rings keep it flexible.

Then, on the cards you can keep notes for yourself - rarity, colors, location, duplicates, levels .... On the back of my cards I keep battle data such as what dragons are good to use against .... Which ones have won/lost.

Rhino Keeper
    I use a spreadsheet program (excel) on my laptop to track my games. For dragon story I have different tabs that I use for 1) dragons by name (including rarity, elements, earning rate, and source i.e. special events), 2) dragons by location (a list of all habitats owned and which dragons are in each habitat) and stage of evolution, 3) breeding pairings and results , 4) battle arena results, and 5) crafting parts (tracking the parts I have and need for crafting dragons).

Executive Chef
    I don't keep an inventory of my dragons but in Excel I do keep track of all my tournaments and have a color chart that I use to choose opponents. I've never tracked breeding results.

Executive Chef
    In Excel I have a list of all dragons that are released, ever. I keep track of:
    * limited or not
    * date issued
    * limited till date xxx
    * date I got the dragon
    * how I got the dragon (breeding, tournament etc.)
    * if there is a way to get the dragon
    * ways the dragon is/was obtainable (breeding, spin the wheel, etc)
    * reason why it isn't obtainable
    * what kind of dragon it is (color)
    * what rarity it is
    * if it's an Arctic dragon
    * if it's usuable in the arena

I can easily see what dragon I want to try for, what dragons I have, it can be put alphabeticly, of by any of the proporty I've listed (for example, I can select only those I bought with gold)

For the tournaments I do practicly the same:
    round, dragon, level, advice from calculator, chance of winning, advice given on the forum, what dragon won, what dragon lost, and when I won the round.

I'm still planning on making a program that cross-references my list of dragons I posses against the list of dragons in a tournament and across the calculator, so I get an automated list of the oponents I should put against these dragons.

I also have a program that calculates which dragons should be put together in habitats, so that habitats get filled as equally as possible, so you can make as much money, in as little time as possible, without overflowing of your habitats.

I think I'm putting too much time in DS, and take it a bit too far...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    In Excel I have a list of all dragons that are released, ever. I keep track of:
    * limited or not
    * date issued
    * limited till date xxx
    * date I got the dragon
    * how I got the dragon (breeding, tournament etc.)
    * if there is a way to get the dragon
    * ways the dragon is/was obtainable (breeding, spin the wheel, etc)
    * reason why it isn't obtainable
    * what kind of dragon it is (color)
    * what rarity it is
    * if it's an Arctic dragon
    * if it's usuable in the arena

I can easily see what dragon I want to try for, what dragons I have, it can be put alphabeticly, of by any of the proporty I've listed (for example, I can select only those I bought with gold)

For the tournaments I do practicly the same:
    round, dragon, level, advice from calculator, chance of winning, advice given on the forum, what dragon won, what dragon lost, and when I won the round.

I'm still planning on making a program that cross-references my list of dragons I posses against the list of dragons in a tournament and across the calculator, so I get an automated list of the oponents I should put against these dragons.

I also have a program that calculates which dragons should be put together in habitats, so that habitats get filled as equally as possible, so you can make as much money, in as little time as possible, without overflowing of your habitats.

I think I'm putting too much time in DS, and take it a bit too far...
    You sound normal to me. You should have seen me during my Diablo 2 days ....

OP, there's 2 ways to manage inventory in games like this.
    1/ Someone writes a program. If your lucky it scans your game, otherwise you punch details in.
    2/ You have a list in Excel or worse yet, on paper.

I have not found a program to do it and I'm too dumb to write one.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-02-14 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Discussing moderator actions- see form rules
    <-Add me - dubbleyooteeyef - on Dragon Story or Castle Story. I don't visit or chat much as I already spend too much time on my own clicks - but I'm on often to send and return items and ingredients.

Dragon Story World Event and Arena Tips in my Profile (Visitor Comments Page) ................. Next Tournaments - ** not sure TL messed up the routine** - with Minis on Weekends in between.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast