Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please explain again about requesting

Fashion Designer

Please explain again about requesting

1) How many part requests we can really send per day?

There is no limit for nbrs to choose but how many of them will get the request today?

2) What happens with requests if the oven completed?

Fashion Designer
    1) You can send as many as you want, but more than that "clogs" the system, and only 20 will be responded to that day, but the rest beyond that 20 will be put on hold and the neighbors that got stuck in the clog will receive the request the next 24 hour period. Your neighbors and yourself can respond to at least as many requests as they have neighbors, but only one request per neighbor.

2) If you send more requests than necessary to complete the oven and all of your neighbors respond, then you will simply keep those requested items in your inventory under the "my gifts" section.

Fashion Designer
    If every one of my neighbors sends a request, I believe I would receive them all and be able to send each one a part, just as in gifting.

Thing is, each bakery can only receive 20 parts from requests being answered in addition to 20 gifts from the gift feature.

If you have 50 neighbors and ask for rose petals from half your list of neighbors and ask for rose pans from the other half, you will receive the 20 parts from the first 20 people to respond. If you tap rose petals on the right side those neighbors might respond before you tap rose pans on the left side.

Those of us playing restaurant story over the Christmas holiday learned a lot about the request feature! Just check out the goals thread for the 12 days of Christmas for detailed agony.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    1) You can send as many as you want, but more than that "clogs" the system
    More than what? Actually that was my question.

Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    2) If you send more requests than necessary to complete the oven and all of your neighbors respond, then you will simply keep those requested items in your inventory under the "my gifts" section.
    What about clogged requests? Will they be send to the nbrs even after the oven is done?

I'm sorry it seems I wasn't clear enough.
    I wasn't asking about how many requested parts or neighbors's requests I can receive.
    I'm trying to understand how many nbrs will get my request the same day I've sent it to them. There should be some logic.
    Not a believer in clogging

Executive Chef
    u'll believe when u get a request saying it's 7 days old lol

they probably will get all 100 if u send 100 but what happens next.
    if you don't answer a request in several hours it disappears, probably replaced by newer gifts and requests. and comes back later. thats how they are delayed.

Executive Chef
    so the limit is how many of your nbrs are playing right now))

When does the 24 hour timer reset? Is there a set time when a BS/RS day is over and you can gift your neighbors again? I find it highly annoying when I get the message saying I have already sent gifts to XX neighbors when I try to gift them in the morning...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    More than what? Actually that was my question.

What about clogged requests? Will they be send to the nbrs even after the oven is done?

I'm sorry it seems I wasn't clear enough.
    I wasn't asking about how many requested parts or neighbors's requests I can receive.
    I'm trying to understand how many nbrs will get my request the same day I've sent it to them. There should be some logic.
    Not a believer in clogging
    Sorry about the confusion, the max daily requests that will be responded to the same day is 20.

However, you can send as many as you have neighbors each day, but they will not be received by your neighbor until the next 24 hour period (usually after midnight local time). This is where the "clogging" comes in, because the requests can back up so far that they can be several days old by the time your neighbor gets to respond to them, and it is possible for your appliance to already be complete if your other 20 requests were all fulfilled (assuming those were the last 20 parts that you needed to get). This causes excess parts to build up in your inventory. Thus, it is possible to continue receiving parts after your appliance is complete. I guess it can be compared to asking a friend a question in an e-mail, even if the recipient to that e-mail doesn't receive your question right away, and in the mean time you get the answer to your question from another source, you still pushed send and cannot take it back or "unsend" the e-mail.

Sorry if this explanation is more complicated than you'd like, you asked for the logic so I thought it best to explain myself.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobiaz View Post
    When does the 24 hour timer reset? Is there a set time when a BS/RS day is over and you can gift your neighbors again? I find it highly annoying when I get the message saying I have already sent gifts to XX neighbors when I try to gift them in the morning...
    The end of the 24 hour period is after midnight (12:01 am) your local time.

Executive Chef
    12:00am PST. plz read the faqs on the top, theres alot of interesting stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast