View Poll Results: What problem with the game do you think will eventually make you quit playing DS?

Voters
698. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not enough habitats

166 23.78%
  • Too many new dragons, too quickly

346 49.57%
  • Removal of old dragons

258 36.96%
  • Parity issues

171 24.50%
  • Game crashing/ difficult scrolling,visiting

168 24.07%
  • Prices of upgradable features( eg. Habitats,stables)

246 35.24%
  • Friends/ neighbours quitting

57 8.17%
  • Gold traps

291 41.69%
  • Lack of communication from Team Lava

196 28.08%
  • Boredom

137 19.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated, burned out and bored

Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    I log in to send my neighbours gold and that's pretty much it. The overwhelming amount of time you need to invest in this game now to keep up with new dragons, split colours, limited dragons, battle arena goals, the new island (I can't even remember what the new island is called...that's how little it means to me anymore) is just too much. It's not fun anymore, I can't tell you the last time I got a new dragon and on the extremely rare occasion I do get one my bubble is instantly burst because right then I see the pop up for the latest dragon TL has chosen to remove from the game and of course it's a dragon I don't have and will never get the chance to have. So the gratification of the game is gone for me. I feel like a hamster on a wheel, running but getting nowhere.

I think the worst thing to happen to this once great game was making the dragons limited. I understand the holiday dragons been limited, that was fun but randomly choosing regular dragons and making them limited is annoying. What is it achieving? I can't see it encouraging people to spend money to try and get those dragons, I just become frustrated and firmly decide not to spend money on the game because of it but maybe that's just me. I do see all the hard work TL has put into this game, I just feel like they have maybe taken it too far and forgot to keep the player happy too. I know it's impossible to keep everyone happy but just from looking on the forum it's plain to see the overall feeling towards DS has shifted for the worse.

It used to be so much fun and that's just not the case anymore. Sometimes less is more and I think that's what they've forgotten. The 'lets bombard them with so much new content that they'll be dazzled into thinking the game is great' approach has in my opinion been an epic fail. I miss dragon story but, it is just a game after all so I don't get irrationally upset about it, I just let it go and move on to something better. I've learned well from past experience with these games that it's not worth my time, emotion or money.
    100% agreed!
    The only weird thing is they make regular dragons as LIMITED! That's the worst part ever TL has made...Also,the thing that they won't bring back the older SEASONAL dragons...
    Not even fair! The other games does bring these items back..Why can't DS?

Rhino Keeper
    Something strange is with breeding: I'm getting same super rare dragons one after another (Atlantis, which I already have), but no new dragons, even though they are supposed to be just rare. 25 attempt and going breeding dark angel and emerald... No equinox, no onyx, no jade. Feel like abandoning the game :-(

I stopped playing Dragon Story for the very same reason Secure so eloquently wrote about. Too hard to get new dragons, , too long of a wait, too many new ones coming and old ones leaving too quickly, gold taken away way too easily and all of this produces frustration, boredom, and feelings of defeat. Must also add it became to difficult to go to other Islands and move around my own Island because of the massive amount of gigs required.

Sorry, my tablet changed the players name I was referring to...

Farm Supplier
    Why do they make dragons limited and why do they take so long to breed and hatch? Because they want you to pay for gold to speed everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by vozier View Post
    Completely my feelings too, if it werent for my fresh DIAMOND dragon i would have left already, i hardly believe anything is harder than diamond anyway, it took me 105 lvls to get 1.
    Level 114 here and it still hasn't dropped for me (along with bunches of other dragons now)

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by mityaj View Post
    Something strange is with breeding: I'm getting same super rare dragons one after another (Atlantis, which I already have), but no new dragons, even though they are supposed to be just rare. 25 attempt and going breeding dark angel and emerald... No equinox, no onyx, no jade. Feel like abandoning the game :-(
    Same for me, mountains of superrares I already have, but no able to get new ones ev3en if they are only rares.

Rhino Keeper
    Same here. Old super rares are dropping like candy at a parade. Too bad I have them all.

Banned
    Hey guys, please bare with me as this isn't a frustrated rant but I didn't think anyone would thank me for starting an "I'm Sad" thread. And also it does have a game related point, if I may.....

It's is important enough to me that I made myself late for work this morning, trying to write it, then deleted the whole thing, because it wasn't coming out right. So here goes....

I want to come on and say that "I'm sad" and since I always try to keep things happy and positive in here, it was your guys' turn to cheer me up...but the that's when I realized I would be wrong to ask that.
    I'm one of those people who tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing no one...they do say that the road to ( a really warm place) is paved with good intentions! And I'm a shining, or really tarnished, example of that for sure! When I realize that once again I have let somebody down it makes me sad, whether in real life or here in the forum/game and that's what I seem to be doing lately.
    So as I said, I was sad and going to come here, demanding or begging to be cheered up! But that isn't your guys' job, it's mine! And here is where the game related part comes in....
    ...we make our own happiness people! We make our own fun!
    Others can't do it for us!
    If the game rules are changed change your game!
    If the forum isn't fun and entertaining for you, do something to make it that way!
    The rules of the forum and game are like a fence around the playground, if you toss your ball over the fence, you don't get to play anymore, but there are plenty of ways to bounce that ball, and still keep it inside the fence!

I am still sorry that I can't make everyone happy, but I am happy knowing that I tried my best and my intentions are good. I would never intentionally do something against someone I consider a friend, I hope you guys know that?

That being said, this is our game! Lets play!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by moostermine View Post
    Hey guys, please bare with me as this isn't a frustrated rant but I didn't think anyone would thank me for starting an "I'm Sad" thread. And also it does have a game related point, if I may.....

It's is important enough to me that I made myself late for work this morning, trying to write it, then deleted the whole thing, because it wasn't coming out right. So here goes....

I want to come on and say that "I'm sad" and since I always try to keep things happy and positive in here, it was your guys' turn to cheer me up...but the that's when I realized I would be wrong to ask that.
    I'm one of those people who tries to please everyone and ends up pleasing no one...they do say that the road to ( a really warm place) is paved with good intentions! And I'm a shining, or really tarnished, example of that for sure! When I realize that once again I have let somebody down it makes me sad, whether in real life or here in the forum/game and that's what I seem to be doing lately.
    So as I said, I was sad and going to come here, demanding or begging to be cheered up! But that isn't your guys' job, it's mine! And here is where the game related part comes in....
    ...we make our own happiness people! We make our own fun!
    Others can't do it for us!
    If the game rules are changed change your game!
    If the forum isn't fun and entertaining for you, do something to make it that way!
    The rules of the forum and game are like a fence around the playground, if you toss your ball over the fence, you don't get to play anymore, but there are plenty of ways to bounce that ball, and still keep it inside the fence!

I am still sorry that I can't make everyone happy, but I am happy knowing that I tried my best and my intentions are good. I would never intentionally do something against someone I consider a friend, I hope you guys know that?

That being said, this is our game! Lets play!
    I'm happy And I'm glad to have you as my friend People likes to complaint about the forum moderators, but keeping us forum user in check is their job.

As the human nature we love to break rules, Same thing as driving on the highway, there's speed limit rules, But how many of us will drive between the speed limit? We all like to violate the rules, but once the police hand us a citation for driving over the speed limit, We be really upset at the Officer, thinking that there's nothing wrong for us to driving over the speed limit, there's many other people driving over the speed limit too, why me? Well driving over the speed limit is violating the rules and we know the rules, if you get caught suck it up and pay the fine. Don’t look the other way and blame someone else for your own action.