Thread: Welp... it's official. Bankruptcy court in the morning for my bakery.

Farm Supplier

Lightbulb Welp... it's official. Bankruptcy court in the morning for my bakery.

I don't even THINK about decorating anymore. This chick is broke. How I long for the good ol days when decorative orchid flower vases were a couple grand and I could afford to stock up on a bunch. They're now priced at 30k. Each. I've been saving up to try and expand but what is the point? I won't have money to fill up the new space anyway. Mama needs some new windows and I need to put a new floor in, my hardwood floors are falling apart. I feel like my once fab-tastic bakery is now another failed statistic. It was once a popular hang out spot that received praise from Food and Wine magazine. Known for it's gorgeous, chic decor and innovative menu; constantly rotating new recipes.. But has since undergone new management and has fallen off the map, and out of the hip scene. My bakery has been "under construction" for months.
    *I'm overreacting, and these are obviously jokes. I've found that if I laugh long and hard enough, the pain almost goes away.*

The recent price changes in BS have crippled me financially (in the game of course) as it's impossible for me to have surplus income to cook new food, let alone buy new appliances... The only way to break even seems to be if I don't bake for a couple days. But then... what's the point? Is that realistic? When is the last time you went to a bakery for pastries, only to find that the croissants had been baked 6 days ago? If you went to any bakery in real life and they didn't have any pastries because they only bake on Tuesdays because they couldn't afford... You get where I'm going with this.

Because of this, I've found myself on RS while playing the waiting game.. Which results in me playing RS 85% of the time. There is absolutely no strategy needed to play BS anymore. None. Half of the fun was figuring out which food brought in the most income, then being able to work towards something. And I refuse to buy gems ever again because we continue to get shafted.

I have been playing BS a year longer than I've been playing RS, and I can officially say that although I spend more money in RS (due to the cray cray price increase in BS), I'm still making more than I do in BS. Millions more. In...sane. Never thought I'd see the day that I play RS more than BS.

I'm a girly girl, so naturally I started playing BS with the hopes of creating a girl-tastic cutesy bakery. RS is pretty gender neutral, so there isn't alot of fun girly decor.. And to be honest, most of it is gaudy and looks like decor one would find at a cheap chain resturaunt. And nothing matches.. Except theme decor, but.. I don't want a Christmas themed resturaunt all year lol. BS decor is much more modern and expensive looking.

Long story short, I miss the excitement I had for BS. Call me lame, I couldn't care less but I miss being so excited to wake up and bake in my virtual bakery. I miss my boyfriend making fun of me for spending real life money on pixels that I don't even profit from in real life. I miss the sleepless Thursday nights after the weekly update due to staying up and remodeling my entire bakery. I miss tuning out my professor/getting weird looks from classmates looking over my shoulder as I taptaptap away, tipping my neighbors; most of which, have abandoned their bakeries. Atleast my grades have improved. So much time invested, and now I barely even play. I miss the old BS.

RIP Bakery Story. Beloved game, time taker-upper, and friend. Forever in our hearts.
    10/2/2010-9/7/2012

(Just kidding... kind of)

believe me youre not alone...

Farm Supplier
    I've found that I have good cash flow by baking on 11 ovens, about 100,000 coins a day. At first I thought I ,d never again be able to expand again, but I've grossed about 8,000,000 coins since the increase and I'm about halfway there. It takes me longer to master recipes, but the feeling of impending bankruptcy is gone and I'm back to buying whatever I want, more or less, since I feel as if I've got cash in the bank and the ability to earn more as I need it.

Executive Chef
    I have also found that using fewer ovens helps increase my earnings. I used to have all available slots plus a couple of extra's but I can't do that now. Currently using only 9 ovens.

Host(ess)
    Chrissy I feel your pain.BS has become the ugly step child of TL,neglected & unloved.

Rhino Keeper
    Yes! This!
    Although I still play I only do red velvet cake as it brings me profit. But I do miss those good old days!

Rhino Keeper
    I got to a point a month or so ago where the only fun thing left was mastering the recipes. I've mastered all but 5 or 6 recipes on the stoves right now...and I'm close to it on those last few. Once those are done, I'm going for all the drink machine ones....and so on. That's part of why I can't wait for the update...a new "exciting" recipe on the oven maybe...something pretty and red.

I got this way on fashion story a few months ago too. I'm sure in a few more months, restaurant will be the same...but they're still a nice little distraction after a long day at work or a good thing to do while laying on the couch after a really hard workout or bike ride (when I've collapsed from exhaustion)

I am very happy your grades are up though....at least ur seeing a major benefit of not playing as much. A smart brain will help get the bills paid...mastered games won't. So congrats on your improved grades!

The Honorable Panda
    There has been a sufficient amount of feedbackand discussion on this topic on the
    Bakery Increase Prices thread.

These changes will not be reverted at this time and TL believes this is the right decision to improve the game for a long term. If there are changes in the future, TL will visit this topic again and review more feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please post a new thread under the
    Forum disputes forum and the community managers will address any of your concerns.

Thanks!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request