Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tipping System improvement required - Receiver should not gain XP!

Banned

Tipping System improvement required - Receiver should not gain XP!

I have over 60 neighbours and I tip everyday

Everyday I visited neighbour, I always tip by initiative. All I got is 2XPs the most, or sometimes just 20 coins per neighbour I visited. That is fine to me.

But as the Receiver, receiver gain 1XP per tips on each table. Total of 6XPs per neighbour.

In another word, Tipper doing the work, yet Receiver gain 6XP. This is plain wrong, and very discouraging to Tipper.

Some players would've just add thousands of neighbours, and received endless tips and level up without putting any effort; but the players who put hard work into it, yet receive so little XP.

My suggestion is,

Tipper should receive XP; Receiver should just receive coins but not XP. Receiver may have the money, but they should maintain at low level due to no effort put on RS.

Farm Supplier
    Well the point is.. the more you tip the better! Because there are higher chances that person will tip you back. So more xp and coins for you. 20 coins for vising PLUS 120 coins for neighbor visiting ur shop. So you benefit more.

I think that plus one xp from tips is really new players depend on to gain extra edge on xp. I for myself used to be dependent on that in early levels.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperNova1986 View Post
    Well the point is.. the more you tip the better! Because there are higher chances that person will tip you back. So more xp and coins for you. 20 coins for vising PLUS 120 coins for neighbor visiting ur shop. So you benefit more.

I think that plus one xp from tips is really new players depend on to gain extra edge on xp. I for myself used to be dependent on that in early levels.
    Well said!

Rhino Keeper
    Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftedbypika
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperNova1986 View Post

If you have 20 friends and they all tip you 6 times, you get 1440 coins and 120XP, miniscule amounts if you compare it to the 100k+ you earn a day. As for XP, if you could only stand to play twice a day, baking 12H Apple Pies on 18 appliances, you'd made 5400XP per day. Though if you go crazy, you could earn 4320XP per hour by doing 1M Brownies... (And if they'd all sell instantly or even before the next morning, you'd have made 86,400 coins.) Tiring, but the most coin and XP generator. So put that into perspective, the time you spent tipping... could be better spent making brownies. xD.

As for new players, because you don't have that much stocked up yet and cause the game is all new and "fun," master your short recipes. They make you more gold, XP, and plates per hour, and you'll likely sell out by the next morning. Overnight, have something longer and by the next morning, when your counter is all cleared, put down the stuff you cooked overnight.

Now, this only looks at HyperNova1986's response. Ofc people tip for other reasons such as maintaining a 4-star rating, part of being social, etc. :>.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-27-13 at 04:31 PM. Reason: removed third party reference

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pika4ever88 View Post
    If anything, I'd prefer a system like Pucca's Restaurant where you visit your neighbors to collect coins and XP lying on the ground. Thus you can decide if it's worth your time and you're not dependent on another person's "generosity/courtesy."
    Exactly my point. My XP is dependent on other person's generosity, or initiative. I myself tip every neighbour of mine everyday, but I am sure my neighbour doesn't, some of them has over thousand of neighbours, and they just wait to be tipped. they are never the proactive one. They only tip to maintain the rating at most. It is not right and unfair. no doubt if we tip more, the Receiver may sees it and return tipping as a favour. but that does not guarantee they will do that. They could have just tip a few as long as he is maintained at Rating four. then the rest of the time, just waiting for free XP.

The problem is, RS does not give us a report, who tipped the least or most, if we got such report, I don't mind the current system, as I can delete those Leechers which I think they are not up to my expectation

Rhino Keeper
    Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftedbypika
    Quote Originally Posted by kancil****er View Post
    Exactly my point. My XP is dependent on other person's generosity, or initiative. I myself tip every neighbour of mine everyday, but I am sure my neighbour doesn't, some of them has over thousand of neighbours, and they just wait to be tipped. they are never the proactive one. They only tip to maintain the rating at most. It is not right and unfair. no doubt if we tip more, the Receiver may sees it and return tipping as a favour. but that does not guarantee they will do that. They could have just tip a few as long as he is maintained at Rating four. then the rest of the time, just waiting for free XP.

The problem is, RS does not give us a report, who tipped the least or most, if we got such report, I don't mind the current system, as I can delete those Leechers which I think they are not up to my expectation
    I know I'm going to get some hissing but after a month of daily tipping (and tracking people so I reward those who deserve it), I myself don't bother anymore. I've decided I'll occasionally venture out, cause I like to see what's up with people's games/layouts, but other than that, I've concluded, not worth my time.

Host(ess)
    I live in beautiful Southern California <3
    I only tip my neighbors that tip me and leave me a message on my wall..or the one that are in the news feed that don't leave me a message too....after that I leave a tip from the top of my list that have 3 and 4 star ratings...the reason I keep the 0 and 1 is because maybe I can get a gift from them...but I eventually delete them and there messages are old and there food is spoiled.

I like to receive tips and that is why I like to give them. I know only a certain percentage come back, and that's OK. I do make it a point to generally tip all four star neighbors first, especially if I am short on time.

I like that tipping includes XP and that extra bit makes me more inclined to do it. If my tips were less valuable, I would envision them as being less appreciated which would discourage me from tipping as much. As pika4ever88 pointed out, there are ways to get more XP per tap than tipping.

In addition to the giving spirit, I think there is a good game justification for tips to include XP. To get tips one must have visitors and to get many of those one must make some contribution to the game, either by through tipping and posting or both or through tipping enough to appear on the top of the "community" tab. One XP per tip seems like a fair reward for such contribution.

Finally, I have found tipping XP to be useful and to enhance my enjoyment of the game. I was very close to levelling up but had all of my ovens cooking roast chicken with a full day left. I went on a tipping spree and between the XP I got for visiting and the tips I got back I got the 100+ XP I needed to level up a day sooner.

Host(ess)
    I think they should because surely thats the point of tipping!

Rhino Keeper
    The current system is fine because you can choose your neighbours, thus using your strategy best to the game restrictions.

The proposed method is too selfish as receiver no xp gain, and in this way people strategy will switch to not collecting tips, hence how can the tipper continue to tip on limited tables.
    Relationship for tipper and receiver is usually neighbours, thus it takes both hands to clap and the current system ensure both parties gain.

Work within the game rules, think of strategy to win it instead of changing system for easy way out.
    There are many ways to success but the journey path is the only thing that make us stronger, the harder the journey, the more stronger you will be at the end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast