Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Just read a news article yesterday that android devices surpassed iPhone 4, apple ahead with iPhone but not for long. Samsung galaxy sales out pacing iPhone and android tablet sales will surpass I pads in 2013. You would think TL would pay attention to the research but evidently not. Hard to believe they continue to ignore the fastest selling devices but guess they drank the apple juice. I am just about done with all of the team lava games and I play several of them. I will not support a company that treats their users like second class citizens.

Jakestorm8 says we will get all of the backlogged features but of course he can't say when. Just more of the same old stuff!!!!! No communication and no attempt at parity, just more features for iOS.

Rhino Keeper
    instead of that white glaring streak I was telling u guys about now I get a giant yellow or dark red streak burst across my screen and dribble down the middle of the screen
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-19-13 at 02:42 PM. Reason: removed starred word/implied language

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcook850 View Post
    Jakestorm8 says we will get all of the backlogged features but of course he can't say when. Just more of the same old stuff!!!!! No communication and no attempt at parity, just more features for iOS.
    Well, remember Jake isn't the only programmer at TL, and he probably can't say anything. I would love to see some incremental updates personally, so we all know there is some progress and they are working on parity. I personally think that would be better than a mass of updates all at once, as there's more room for things to go wrong than with incremental updates, but that's just my opinion.

Jake has said they are working on it, and as much as I hate what currently appear to be empty words, we have to wait and hope we will indeed have an update soon.

Host(ess)
    We will get the updates or will we not I dint mind waiting if we do

Farm Supplier
    Maybe they can fix the arbitrary cache growth spurts that have actually crashed my device - I'm talking over 100MB. That's just crazy (Of all the stuff I've run, I have NEVER been able to crash this phone with any app!).. and then there's the zoom that doesn't, or maybe it zooms opposite of what I tell it - who knows what it will do or when. And then there is the 'autoscroll'-it autonomously chooses when and where to scroll. I am not sure why I'm at the controlling end anymore cuz it does whatever it wants... or else it pouts like a 2-yr old and does nothing. Lol
    Somebody drop me a line if this stuff ever gets fixed cuz I just can't stand all the excitement of playing an unplayable game anymore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehay View Post
    Maybe they can fix the arbitrary cache growth spurts that have actually crashed my device - I'm talking over 100MB. That's just crazy (Of all the stuff I've run, I have NEVER been able to crash this phone with any app!).. and then there's the zoom that doesn't, or maybe it zooms opposite of what I tell it - who knows what it will do or when. And then there is the 'autoscroll'-it autonomously chooses when and where to scroll. I am not sure why I'm at the controlling end anymore cuz it does whatever it wants... or else it pouts like a 2-yr old and does nothing. Lol
    Somebody drop me a line if this stuff ever gets fixed cuz I just can't stand all the excitement of playing an unplayable game anymore.

The crash I got today, I read the report

Exception class name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    Source: BitmapFactory.Java
    Source class: android.graphics.BitmapFactory

Running on Acer A500 tablet, Android version: 4.0.3 (stock kernel)

*this* particular crash is caused by a memory issue, which given the consistency of these crashes, it reeks of a memory leak which can be a real dog to track down and then fix. But the more reports we send in, the more information TL will have and the easier it will be for them to track down and fix.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguelashing View Post
    The crash I got today, I read the report

Exception class name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    Source: BitmapFactory.Java
    Source class: android.graphics.BitmapFactory

Running on Acer A500 tablet, Android version: 4.0.3 (stock kernel)

*this* particular crash is caused by a memory issue, which given the consistency of these crashes, it reeks of a memory leak which can be a real dog to track down and then fix. But the more reports we send in, the more information TL will have and the easier it will be for them to track down and fix.
    Oh! I should report my crashes more often then, hopefully it will help! I didn't think it would. Derp.

Banned
    I just transferred DS Android to iOS... First thing I done was check out the album, and I got 20 gold, 1000 food, Storm & Scarecrow dragon!

The picture is so much clearer, (obviously you probably know this) and it's faster to visit neighbours. I bought the trading portal and the spell shop and it looks like there is so much to do... Everything is 100% better! The only bad thing is the cost of food to evolve dragons, I'm glad I did it but I wasn't too sure before.

I hope all this is added to android soon so you guys can enjoy the new features, it really has changed the gameplay for me and it's only been like an hour.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonTan1 View Post
    I just transferred DS Android to iOS... First thing I done was check out the album, and I got 20 gold, 1000 food, Storm & Scarecrow dragon!

The picture is so much clearer, (obviously you probably know this) and it's faster to visit neighbours. I bought the trading portal and the spell shop and it looks like there is so much to do... Everything is 100% better! The only bad thing is the cost of food to evolve dragons, I'm glad I did it but I wasn't too sure before.

I hope all this is added to android soon so you guys can enjoy the new features, it really has changed the gameplay for me and it's only been like an hour.
    Gee ... thanks for sharing. LOL I can't afford an IPad and don't like the IPhone (used to have one). Well, I know you'll enjoy playing so much more. Doin the happy dance for ya. Congrats on the IOS device!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lobius View Post
    instead of that white glaring streak I was telling u guys about now I get a giant yellow or dark red streak burst across my screen and dribble down the middle of the screen
    I have this but only in expansion veiw.... I also can no longer visit neighbors at all on any version it crashes or gets stuck loading..... this has been going on for about a week ..... I would love to beta test for TL I used to be a pilot lead for software launches at my company.... tech loved me because I am real good at breaking things and telling them how I did it.... moosehay and toungelashing should also be beta testers they sound pretty techy....maybe we could get this show on the road!