Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by idestined View Post
    Business = provide enough satisfaction to a customer to the point that they spend money and no more. There are plenty of games who have development arrested or dropped together, they are under no obligation to provide further updates. When you agree to many software licenses including the iTunes and the Google Play Store, you agree that you obtain the software 'as is'.

This is in the Google Terms of Service
    OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER GOOGLE NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTION OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.

Google and TL has already waived legal responsibility for providing you with updates altogether. Obviously, Team Lava would want to eke as much money as possible from your pocket by introducing more new features, but considering the fact that they have to manually add items to your account, this already indicates that they aren't fantastic at android coding. I have some sympathy for Android players, but it's good to read the legal fineprint when you want to install the software which you agreed to when you choose to use the Google Play Store. You are independent and freewilled. If you choose to spend money or use a piece of software, it's up to you to read whatever agreement you just agreed to instead of clicking over it and later claiming you don't have the iOS features. Or you'll end up doing the same thing later in life and the mistake won't be as small as a little dragon game.

It just bugs me. TL is a business. They want money. They introduce features to get more money. The end. If they could have ported over a feature, they'd have done it by now.
    At the moment, the problem isn't so much that we don't have the updates. It's more the lack of communication from TL and them continually telling us to be patient but nothing else.

On a happier note, I've been getting older dragons I needed whilst trying for dark and pink hybrids. Still none of those, however...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    i'm somewhat amused, TL releases new features for iOS, and they whine when they don't get what the dragons they want (yes i'm referring to boosted breed), its not like anyone asked them to boost their breedings with gold... should ask them to switch to android instead, don't have to worry about it. -_-
    But we still need to complain about it. a complaint is a complaint, no matter how we look at it. (Besides, it provides them with feedback)
    Heck, you and I may complain that our devices aren't working properly or something. But a homeless person probably doesn't even have a phone, and is thinking, "spoiled rich brats! Rawr"

(Erm... And I'm not compaing you to hobos, by the way. xD even though sometimes TL acts like they are only throwing you leftovers...)

In a way, I have to agree with idestined. They're not stalking the updates on purpose... Or if they are, it makes little no sense.
    Last edited by maguar; 03-16-13 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Members request

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by salinho View Post
    But we still need to complain about it. a complaint is a complaint, no matter how we look at it. (Besides, it provides them with feedback)
    Heck, you and I may complain that our devices aren't working properly or something. But a homeless person probably doesn't even have a phone, and is thinking, "spoiled rich brats! Rawr".
    true, and I get the frustrations with not being able to get the dragons you want due to splitting and etc, but sometimes it seems as though they just want it easy, eg: breed successfully in the first few attempts etc. at the end of the day, no one forces us to buy gold and similarly, and this is pretty much a game based on luck. i'd understand if they complained about the unfairness of apples/coins/gold. but the moment you click boosted breed, it is your choice to do it. im sure if ppl got what they want, they wouldn't say its a money sucking feature. once again back to TL being a business and wanting $, else why would they release so many new dragons + short sweepstakes?

and yes, jake remembered us when he posted that updates are coming, but like tongue (i think?) mentioned, its a generic response with no end date in sight. kind of hard to be optimistic lol

Host(ess)
    Now ios has another new building the questing thing

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by idestined View Post
    Business = provide enough satisfaction to a customer to the point that they spend money and no more. There are plenty of games who have development arrested or dropped together, they are under no obligation to provide further updates. When you agree to many software licenses including the iTunes and the Google Play Store, you agree that you obtain the software 'as is'.

This is in the Google Terms of Service
    OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER GOOGLE NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTION OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.

Google and TL has already waived legal responsibility for providing you with updates altogether. Obviously, Team Lava would want to eke as much money as possible from your pocket by introducing more new features, but considering the fact that they have to manually add items to your account, this already indicates that they aren't fantastic at android coding. I have some sympathy for Android players, but it's good to read the legal fineprint when you want to install the software which you agreed to when you choose to use the Google Play Store. You are independent and freewilled. If you choose to spend money or use a piece of software, it's up to you to read whatever agreement you just agreed to instead of clicking over it and later claiming you don't have the iOS features. Or you'll end up doing the same thing later in life and the mistake won't be as small as a little dragon game.

It just bugs me. TL is a business. They want money. They introduce features to get more money. The end. If they could have ported over a feature, they'd have done it by now.
    Then they (TL) shouldn't have kept telling us be patient, it's coming, we're working on it. They should have said that they don't have to provide anything and we've got what we've got on their "As Is" game. When you say you're going to do something, when you say you are doing something and don't follow through ... what does that tell people?

Banned
    Jake did his best to appease Android users. But when he mentionned that Android and Kindle would receive these updates, I heartidly laughed out loud. I mean...who is TL kidding. Kindle didn't get an update since forever. Sure, they get some of the new dragons, but they still have no pink, never got to play the Valentine edition, never got Right/Left/Passion dragons.
    Now we should believe that Kindle will get crafting. That's really a good one !!!

Rhino Keeper
    Keeping in mind that I have no clue about coding and such things, if TL was able to give us android users storage in games like Bakery and Restaurant story, wouldn't that mean they know how to code it for any of their games?
    Just a thought....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kurebiz View Post
    i'm somewhat amused, TL releases new features for iOS, and they whine when they don't get what the dragons they want (yes i'm referring to boosted breed), its not like anyone asked them to boost their breedings with gold... should ask them to switch to android instead, don't have to worry about it. -_-
    LOL ... isn't that the truth!! Yes, some of them were quite irate with the Sapphire issue and other problems that they had. They have NO idea what it's like to have to wait and be told something is coming when, in fact, it's not. Quite some time ago, I posted that TL should give Android 3 dragons that are just for Android to make up for alllll the exclusives that IOS receives. I was told that shouldn't happen, because then IOS would be upset. Seems like it's quite alright for Android, though, doesn't it? While none of this is the fault of IOS players and there ARE those who empathize with us, the others who would be upset that they didn't get something we did ... well, many times spoiled children are the greedy ones who want more and more. If the tables were turned or as in tonguelashings "role play" idea ... there would be VERY unhappy IOS players if they were in our shoes. I mentioned to another player recently that this (the TL treatment of Android) all reminds me of a book we read in freshman year high school ... "Animal Farm", where everyone was equal, but the pigs were more so.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mommeeof4 View Post
    Keeping in mind that I have no clue about coding and such things, if TL was able to give us android users storage in games like Bakery and Restaurant story, wouldn't that mean they know how to code it for any of their games?
    Just a thought....
    Coding and implementation are 2 separate things. Each game has it's differences and you have to take that into consideration as well. But anyways iOS already have storage, not sure how it looks since I don't have it myself though but I think it would be like RS & BS.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    LOL ... isn't that the truth!! Yes, some of them were quite irate with the Sapphire issue and other problems that they had. They have NO idea what it's like to have to wait and be told something is coming when, in fact, it's not. Quite some time ago, I posted that TL should give Android 3 dragons that are just for Android to make up for alllll the exclusives that IOS receives. I was told that shouldn't happen, because then IOS would be upset. Seems like it's quite alright for Android, though, doesn't it? While none of this is the fault of IOS players and there ARE those who empathize with us, the others who would be upset that they didn't get something we did ... well, many times spoiled children are the greedy ones who want more and more. If the tables were turned or as in tonguelashings "role play" idea ... there would be VERY unhappy IOS players if they were in our shoes. I mentioned to another player recently that this (the TL treatment of Android) all reminds me of a book we read in freshman year high school ... "Animal Farm", where everyone was equal, but the pigs were more so.
    Keep in mind we did get an exclusive android b-day party decoration.