Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips and Stars

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mrysd View Post
    I just get really stressed because I feel like I have to tip everyone every day. I always respond to anyone asking me to add them. It is consuming too much of my day because I have 330 neighbors now.
    You tip 330 neighbors EVERYDAY ?!? That's a lot of work/time. I bet not even 10% of those people tip you back everyday. Tipping is very low profit anyway.

Everyone needs to decide how they want to play. But I don't think you should feel guilty for wanting to cut back on neighbors. No one needs that many. If I were you I would ...

1. STOP adding new neighbors (you are not obligated to accept everyone's request).

2. decide if you wanted to continue tipping (I DON'T tip at all because it's boring, takes SO MUCH time and its the lowest profit part of the game).

3. if you decide to continue tipping... I would delete everyone with 0-2 stars. They are NOT tipping you back.

4. Then I would check how many neighbors I still had. If I still had more than 80, I would delete the 3 star people too. A 3 star neighbor is probably only tipping you once or twice a week.

Some people think it's mean to delete a neighbor. I think deleting neighbors is a nessecity in this game. People quit all the time. I had over 150 inactive neighbors. If you don't weed-out the old neighbors you will get tired of the game.

Rhino Keeper
    I have less than 20 neighbors, I tip everyday and also tip back to the people who come across my bakery and it took me to 4 stars. It doesn't always stay that way but who cares?

My theory on tipping so that it's not as serious and overwhelming:
    I've got well over 100 neighbors. Maybe half of them are 0 stars. I *try* to tip everyone with a 1 star or better rating at least every other day. That keeps me at a 3 and sometimes a 4. But I'm a full time college student and I seriously do not have time or the attention span to sit down and tip everybody. If they make an effort to tip or if tipping is important to that 4 star neighbor, then I will tip them back as often as possible. To those that are 0 stars, obviously tipping isn't important to them, so I don't.
    I don't judge people that are 0 stars. Just because someone doesn't tip, that doesn't mean that they won't help you with goals and materials when you ask, or gift you.
    I accept anyone who asks to be neighbors. I don't delete people, unless it's obvious that they've gone inactive, or if they get snotty on me.
    I do not take tipping so seriously. Guess what? I'm just fine.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meggymoo141 View Post
    Only takes an hour in total
    multiply that by 8 games and get a big lol)))))

Executive Chef
    actually tipping 0 star people is quite effective)) because they always have free space, and 4-stars players are always full)))

Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    actually tipping 0 star people is quite effective)) because they always have free space, and 4-stars players are always full)))
    YES! 4 star people hardly ever have space.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm a 4 star and tip 60 nbrs daily. Also 1-2 is very easy. 2 get to 2 u probably have 2 tip 10 nbrs @ most

Fashion Designer
    If I remember correctly, once you get a 4 star rating you must tip 72 tips, that's 6 tips each to 12 neighbors, to maintain the 4 star rating. If you tip more then you will have 4 stars on off days that you can't tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12