Thread: Display Differences among devices and farm updates

Fashion Designer

Question Display Differences among devices and farm updates

Am not sure that anybody has noticed and can explain to me why there are differences in display of crops among devices and updates. If you still have the old 1.4.5 Android version you will not see on your neighbor farm for example Snow Pines, Red Poinsettias and some other crops. Why?

That also means that if they neighbors cannot see them they cannot and will not water them for you!! Is it something that should be reported and can be fixed. For a while I could see them, but again I cannot.

Grand Emperor
    When TL first released Farm Story goals last Christmas, they were released only to iOS. Androids were not only not worthy of getting goals, but they couldn't see the goal items or crops on neighbor's farms. Then when TL released Valentine's goals, Androids still did not get the goals but at least were able to see the Valentine's content. It wasn't until this past Christmas that Androids were able to see the 2011 Christmas goal content.

If you are on a recent Android version you can see the stuff. But if you are on the Halloween version (only special Android version available) then you can't.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    When TL first released Farm Story goals last Christmas, they were released only to iOS. Androids were not only not worthy of getting goals, but they couldn't see the goal items or crops on neighbor's farms. Then when TL released Valentine's goals, Androids still did not get the goals but at least were able to see the Valentine's content. It wasn't until this past Christmas that Androids were able to see the 2011 Christmas goal content.

If you are on a recent Android version you can see the stuff. But if you are on the Halloween version (only special Android version available) then you can't.
    Actually I could see it in Halloween story and even saw it for a few days on the old Android story! That is what I don't understand.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bbieprnc View Post
    Actually I could see it in Halloween story and even saw it for a few days on the old Android story! That is what I don't understand.
    Okay, I see holly trees on the Halloween version. I didn't remember seeing it before and now I realize its because I only downloaded the Halloween version to get the gems and did all playing on the non-tap-to-manage version.

I don't have 1.4.5 installed now and I'm not sure if TL is supporting that version anymore. But I don't remember seeing Christmas goal stuff until this Christmas, although most people didn't bring out their Christmas stuff until I was on 1.9.x.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Okay, I see holly trees on the Halloween version. I didn't remember seeing it before and now I realize its because I only downloaded the Halloween version to get the gems and did all playing on the non-tap-to-manage version.

I don't have 1.4.5 installed now and I'm not sure if TL is supporting that version anymore. But I don't remember seeing Christmas goal stuff until this Christmas, although most people didn't bring out their Christmas stuff until I was on 1.9.x.
    My phone cannot handle the new Android version, even thought it is only a year old phone. But I know that for a few weeks I could see the flowers and trees from goals even on this older version. Well, now again I cannot see them, which means that I cannot water them. I got used to not having some items because they were released for IOS - i.e. chocolate hearts, but I think that TL should do something for us to be able to view them and water them. I can see only empty lots.

Grand Emperor
    I only see empty green for the 2011 goal crops that people planted, and im on ice cream sandwich. Sigh, ive never seen a holly tree.

Fashion Designer

Here are the differences so you would understand what I see and don't see.

Fashion Designer
    What happens if you try to water the "empty" space? Does it accept water if there are really crops there?

Executive Chef
    if there are crops then it accepts water and is not empty..... it has tiny green dots. if it's empty it has no crops and doesn't water....

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by WendingWanderer View Post
    What happens if you try to water the "empty" space? Does it accept water if there are really crops there?
    nothing - it is like you would tap on empty lot. Even thought the crop is there :-)