Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Offended by bossy message!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx08 View Post
    Personally, I try to tip back the people who tip me as a courtesy; you were nice enough to visit me, so I can take the time to visit you. But I only go through and tip all of my neighbours to do what I call "weeding." If it looks like you haven't been playing in a while (rotten food, full tables/no tables, no food on counters, no current content, etc.), I delete those neighbours. I honestly get so many neighbour requests, and I'm terrible at sending them out! But I know that different players remove neighbours for different reasons. So I try to at least maintain a 3 star rating. Plus, the higher your star rating, the more bots through the door.
    Was pretty much gonna say this myself...
    I don't usually mind most of my neighbors with zero star rating, I have quite a bit of them, why? because most likely they are still playing they're just not frequent visitors, and I take notice to them when they come in handy for helping me out when it comes to part requests (thanks to the new feature of the news feed letting us know who approves them). So I still keep them around. But if its the case like the person above me quoted, then yes they'll most likely get deleted. I try to hold off as long as I can before I delete someone, but eventually its just obvious theyre not playing anymore.

& to reply to the OP, I see where he/she is coming from, however when people tell me this like everyone else said depending on how they say it, sometimes I'll ignore it other times I'll just politely tell them I quite frankly just don't always have the time to leave a message.... Because honestly, half of the time when I do decide to leave a message after I tip, I tend to come up with a slew of witty emoticons to go along with it, and some of those days I don't have any in my brain, or just plain ol don't feel like it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nomicrophone View Post
    Was pretty much gonna say this myself...
    I don't usually mind most of my neighbors with zero star rating, I have quite a bit of them, why? because most likely they are still playing they're just not frequent visitors, and I take notice to them when they come in handy for helping me out when it comes to part requests (thanks to the new feature of the news feed letting us know who approves them). So I still keep them around. But if its the case like the person above me quoted, then yes they'll most likely get deleted. I try to hold off as long as I can before I delete someone, but eventually its just obvious theyre not playing anymore.

& to reply to the OP, I see where he/she is coming from, however when people tell me this like everyone else said depending on how they say it, sometimes I'll ignore it other times I'll just politely tell them I quite frankly just don't always have the time to leave a message.... Because honestly, half of the time when I do decide to leave a message after I tip, I tend to come up with a slew of witty emoticons to go along with it, and some of those days I don't have any in my brain, or just plain ol don't feel like it.
    Also, I'm not too cool with neighbors telling me WHAT to gift them as well. And when I get messages like that I'll again politely explain to them I don't have the time either to remember who wants what and what kinda food and part and blah blah, every single last one of my neighbors don't care at all what I gift them whether its parts or food. And the only time I find myself telling someone what I want/need is if someone asks, and even then I usually don't worry about it. I'll just hold off for the next day so I can then request it...

Its usually not that serious to me but like some people said in this thread, some people really are just THAT into the game =P

Executive Chef
    omg now if i see someone posting 'addme tip&gift daily' i run like hell from them and never look back)))))
    alrdy had to delete...

Quote Originally Posted by yumbrad View Post
    AMEN to the below! I've come to the realization slowly, and started wondering - how do I find neighbors who gift parts and don't bother with tips? Add me if you, too, want to just say no to tipping. I want a bunch of high level, 0 star neighbors
    I gift only parts and only visit when a goal requires it or to see which device my nbrs are trying to build. I've sent you a nbr request.

How do find out where wht my rank is in the game?

Farm Supplier
    I don't like to be idle, so when I'm watching TV, I tip my neighbors. If I don't have time to watch a lot of TV, I don't have time to tip. I never leave messages though. Typing on the Kindle Fire is a huge pain, and I don't enjoy doing it. If people see I tipped, great, if not, oh well. I'm not in it for the recognition anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wydchild View Post
    How do find out where wht my rank is in the game?
    If you mean what star lvl visit any neighbour when you do look at the bottom of the screen for your rating. Also not sure with Bakery though. If it's available go to my profile it's a tab next social where u read your wall. In the profile section should show your star rating, how many neighbours you have, your lvl how much experience needed for next lvl.

Fashion Designer
    For me, it means they don't want to forget to tip you back. So by leaving the message on their wall, they know to whom they should return the favour. It's a way of appreciating.

Rhino Keeper
    In my situation I have around 100 neighbors. These amazing neighbors are very patient with me since I rarely tip or intermittently tip during the week because I am currently on mandatory overtime until May and work 10 hour days.. It's exhausting to tip and write on 100 walls plus randomners who stop by.

Anyhow - I try to daily tip everyone who's written on my wall. If they don't write on my wall they aren't first priority. Some of my neighbors have something in the range of 100-200 neighbors.. That's like an hour or two of tipping!

I've never been offended by the messages, especially if it comes with emoticons. I have a few neighbors who have, in the past, left a message saying 'Not writing on walls due to time constraints' or something similar - so I include them in my daily tipping.

If you do not have the time to tip AND write daily, and you are getting flack - you could write something on your wall hoping folks read it - or do a mass write on wall weekend and tell everyone 'Due to time constraints I will tip but cannot write on walls'.

Fashion Designer
    omg now if i see someone posting 'addme tip&gift daily' i run like hell from them and never look back)))))
    alrdy had to delete...
    me too, I appreciate their honestly that the expect the same and I know Id suhck as a neighbor to them.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast