Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Lava = Lazy, lying opportunists.

Unregistered

Team Lava = Lazy, lying opportunists.

So, Team Lava goes months and months without any weekly updates -- of which they did maybe three, ever -- still promises weekly updates ... and then toots its own horn about a fricking Christmas grab bag. Of decorations.

I'm beyond the point where I think Team Lava ever had intentions of listening to good ideas about gameplay in this forum. They exist solely to exploit that tragic market of (mostly) kids who are willing to blow credit cards or (usually) iTunes gift cards on digital decor for games that have become little more than pixelated dollhouses.

That's right. They're virtual dollhouses. The gameplay is one-track, repetitive and never changes. Haven't been any new crops in Farm Story for eons. Could've celebrated Christmas by also giving us Christmas trees as a limited-time crop (they are grown like crops, you know), plus maybe give a seasonal bonus to cranberries ... let us plant holly trees, etc. Could add holiday dishes to Restaurant Story.

Could do a lot of things but instead all TL does is trot out grotesquely overpriced decorations.

I say they're exploitative also for setting up the games with intentional gem traps. Like, say you forgot about food and it spoiled ... when you log on, better keep your fingers away lest you accidentally commit a couple dollars' worth of gems to "reviving" your fricking digital cupcakes. This happened to me the first time. 14 gems I think. Who would really want to do this? It's there as a trap.

I tried in Farm Story to click on the tiny "i" button on the holiday crate, to see if perhaps it showed me some samples (I don't buy gems but I have some stored from mastery) -- well, I guess my big thumbprint registered outside the tiny "i" pixels and -- oh, ****, bought myself a useless piece of virtual decor.

These games aren't about farming. Or cooking, or whatever. They're about having a place to collect meaningless, overpriced trinkets.

And that's why they never answer any questions relating to whether they'll ever enhance actual gameplay.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, Team Lava goes months and months without any weekly updates -- of which they did maybe three, ever -- still promises weekly updates ... and then toots its own horn about a fricking Christmas grab bag. Of decorations.

I'm beyond the point where I think Team Lava ever had intentions of listening to good ideas about gameplay in this forum. They exist solely to exploit that tragic market of (mostly) kids who are willing to blow credit cards or (usually) iTunes gift cards on digital decor for games that have become little more than pixelated dollhouses.

That's right. They're virtual dollhouses. The gameplay is one-track, repetitive and never changes. Haven't been any new crops in Farm Story for eons. Could've celebrated Christmas by also giving us Christmas trees as a limited-time crop (they are grown like crops, you know), plus maybe give a seasonal bonus to cranberries ... let us plant holly trees, etc. Could add holiday dishes to Restaurant Story.

Could do a lot of things but instead all TL does is trot out grotesquely overpriced decorations.

I say they're exploitative also for setting up the games with intentional gem traps. Like, say you forgot about food and it spoiled ... when you log on, better keep your fingers away lest you accidentally commit a couple dollars' worth of gems to "reviving" your fricking digital cupcakes. This happened to me the first time. 14 gems I think. Who would really want to do this? It's there as a trap.

I tried in Farm Story to click on the tiny "i" button on the holiday crate, to see if perhaps it showed me some samples (I don't buy gems but I have some stored from mastery) -- well, I guess my big thumbprint registered outside the tiny "i" pixels and -- oh, ****, bought myself a useless piece of virtual decor.

These games aren't about farming. Or cooking, or whatever. They're about having a place to collect meaningless, overpriced trinkets.

And that's why they never answer any questions relating to whether they'll ever enhance actual gameplay.
    Feel better?

Unregistered
    I never thought about it that way, but he's right.

Unregistered

Thumbs down Disappointed gamer

Well Norman you can pass along this to team lava, BAH HUMBUG! I'm very disappointed that this is the big update we've been waiting months for. One Holiday rip off box and tree stupid trees. Thanks for nothing...!

Unregistered
    They should have wished us all a Merry Ripsmas while they were at it. Christmas is supposed to be about giving --- not ripping ofF your clientele. Tis the seizin!

Yeah, pretty much Team Lava is either incapable or unwilling to make these games better. I think it's the second one. Have fun spending Dad's credit card or Aunt Suzie's iTunes gift card on worthless images that won't even be around in a year, kids. Know that you're keeping this kind of lame game (non)development alive with your impulse purchasing.

Unregistered

To the OP of this thread

You have written everything I've been thinking! I was disgusted and angry when I saw that ALL Christmas items must be bought with gems! We're talking $5 for a stupid pixelated Christmas item!!!! Not even one tiny tree could be purchased with coins. Or maybe even gifting a small Christmas tree to their clients? Pffftttt, FUGGHETABOUTIT.

Forget about the giving from TL, it's all about the taking. Taking your money, that is.

And your idea regarding holiday foods for Restaurant story is a great one, and I liked the idea of holiday related crops on FS. Too bad TL doesn't/won't listen. I completely agree with your assesment that they are "lazy, lying opportunists".

When I initially downloaded BS, and saw that it was a total copy of RS, and that everything that looked even remotely appealing was a gem purchase, I promptly deleted it, and haven't looked back. Will max my farm out with NO more gem purchases, same goes for RS. Then it's delete, delete, delete. I won't even LOOK at CS or ES, tyvm.

I think that the developer(s) of the story games is/are only in it for personal gain. They care nothing for the people that are making them rich; they just look at the gameplayers as suckers to be had.

Unregistered
    I used to love this game when I first started playing months ago - I think way back in June, and I used to rave about it on these forums. But I have grown completely bored of it now, and my farm is bare. Sick of seeing all the other "story" games popping up, with no updates to the original.

Annette101
    You want pretend Christmas trees for your pretend world you gotta pay, baby!

Seriously though, ****, wtf would they go to the trouble to make these seasonal things for FREE? Because, when you can buy them with in game coins they are not getting paid to make new content. This is how the working world works.

Unregistered
    Funny how the biggest whiners are the ones that don't actually pay for gems. Are the ones that make the biggest fuss when they screw up and lose "hard earned" gems....like tapping a frickin screen is hard work. Do any of u actually have a job? Guess not as you whine about a measly five bucks constantly. That's what's becoming tedious on this forum. These are the types that expect everything for free, and instant service for free. Not sure what fairyland they're living in.
    It costs devs of these games real money to make them. Not just t.l. All of them. So ya, they'll produce the BASICS for free. If you want more than the basics, it'll cost you. Because it costs them. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
    As we are on the topic of $ and oh how overpriced the gems are...ya, let's talk that while were all sitting here on our iPhones, iPads, iPods. Bunch of yuppies! Ya, I'm one, just not a whining one.
    Doubt these screamers have truly seen a day of real need in their lives.
    The ones who can't afford five bucks for perks in a free game don't have these devices. Theyre at the library using Internet there, so they can job hunt to feed their families. Not playing on crop, bakery, cooking, empire, etc. Apps all day. Some of you really need to get off your privileged high horses and stop the whining.
    If your overly stimulated ADHD brains are bored because there's no Weekly updates ( oh I know they promised so it's the principle of the thing because it so matters in the grand scheme of life) then move on to some other app that is more challenging and fulfills all it's promises to you for free.

Oh wait. The rest of the offering out there suck, or have the same sort of issues. And really, the one or two of you need to stop posting on your own thread pretending to be another player in agreement with yourself. Sentence structure and use of language is so telling. At least work for it while you're sitting on your tushy ass. Now, put less gas in the hummer, Volvo, BMW, merc., or yup van, and get yourself a game perk or donate your time to the salvation army and learn what it really is to have nothing to pay for nothing in a world where nothing is completely free. Nothing.
    Merry Christmas

Unregistered

Cool Wow

Talk about whining! Beware...anyone with an opinion about anything can expect a verbal lashing from the previous poster, I think I've read this trolls ramblings on other threads..probably doesn't have any friends....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast